Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Morning all and happy Tuesday!

Struggling to get out of bed as I took my meds a bit later last night. Going to spend the day with the community physio's from intermediate care as this will be a service I will be referring to so I get to see how this service works. Think I will nip into the café for a morning drink as I don't think I'll have time now before I leave.

Hope you all have a good day!

Inanimate

Morning! Well, it's technically morning here. :D

Going to eat a snack before I go to bed in an hour or so. I've been longing to play new video games lately, and conveniently the Xbox One S was announced. Now, I'm contemplating which console I would buy -- a PS4 or Xbox One. I'll probably just get both down the line since video game exclusives from both consoles appeal to me. I could just get a PC and not have to worry over exclusives, but PC gaming doesn't do it for me as much as console gaming.

I need a job, which stresses me the fuck out to contemplate. I'm 21, and I haven't ever gotten a job, and the thought of working is just so damn scary to me. Virtually all of the fear comes from social anxiety. I don't necessarily have to work with customers, but I have to work with SOMEONE, and I envision my boss being a douchenugget every time, irrationally so. I don't even need a job that's conducive to my career either; I just need income. I need a car too and a license to drive since public transportation here is unreliable, which also unsettles me.

FUCK.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Have a good day at work Lexi! Hope you enjoy it and hope it's not too boring! :P

I am going to go to the shop soon for an Irish breakfast roll as I am absolutely starving. What's an Irish breakfast roll? A cuisine de france roll with rashers, sausages, pudding, hash browns,mushrooms, its delicious. Be jealous! :p

I just have one thing to do today in the city, get some forms signed.
A lazy day for me :)

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
@Butterfly Hope today goes well and you wake up soon!
@Unknown_111 You don't have to do anything a tormentor instructs you to do - do something good for yourself, you deserve it!
@Inanimate Working in a new place with new people terrifies me too, but the social anxiety passes as you get comfortable - you just need to give yourself chance to get comfortable and accept that the first few weeks are going to be unpleasant - it is far better for you in the end though!
@Petal breakfast roll sounds gooood - I had an apple.

I am in a grumpy mood today - hoping it passes! Cake would help...

souncide

I spent a full hour recording a track, only for Audacity to crash before I could save it properly and make me lose all my work, since even the recover option didn't work. I reused part of the lyrics of this one and built a new song. I'm 4 tracks away from finishing this project.

Vanquished

I need a job, which stresses me the fuck out to contemplate. I'm 21, and I haven't ever gotten a job, and the thought of working is just so damn scary to me. Virtually all of the fear comes from social anxiety. I don't necessarily have to work with customers, but I have to work with SOMEONE, and I envision my boss being a douchenugget every time, irrationally so. I don't even need a job that's conducive to my career either; I just need income. I need a car too and a license to drive since public transportation here is unreliable, which also unsettles me.

FUCK.
I remember when my son graduated from high school. He never would have admitted it (he takes after his father on that), but it was obvious he found the idea of getting a job daunting. He lacked serious confidence, and as such he spent his first year (almost 1.5yrs) out of high school (he graduated when he was 19) gaming all the time. Yep, he's a gamer, too! As his mother I could see it wasn't doing him any favors, but I'll admit he could have been doing much worse things, so I'm thankful he wasn't. But what was difficult about watching him that year was how much his overall attitude began declining. He began getting grumpier by the day especially as more and more time passed, so I began gently nudging and encouraging him, in part, by reminding him of his strengths, but also insisted on how getting to work would be a game changer.

Eventually I learned about a job near his house which meant he could walk or bike to it cuz he doesn't drive, either, and I strongly encouraged him to apply cuz they were desperate to hire, so he decided to go for it. Long story short, he did everything he needed to - on his own! and landed himself the job!! :) At first he was afraid no one was gonna like him, but that was cuz he was bullied a lot in high school :(. I let him know that life beyond high school walls is different. Sure there are pricks at any age in life, but they're not as concentrated in the working world as they are in schools.

He is still at the same job now 2yrs later, and he loves it and even better is they love him!!! I worked at that same company for 9mon many years ago (it was my 2nd job), and he's made it even further than I ever did. I knew him getting a job would do him wonders, but it had a bigger (positive) impact than even I expected. His social skills have continued to grow immensely, and his confidence has grown right along with it, too!!

All that to say that while I know the idea of getting out there in the working world can seem daunting and scary it really will be a game changer!! There's nothing like earning your own keep, and who knows? You may just meet a few new, cool friends along the way, but you won't honestly know until you try!

PS. My son is even more into gaming now than he was during that year. He's always buying new games, and has bought himself a new TV and special equipment to play with - all on his own!! Now he's entertaining the idea of saving for a car and getting his license!!! Hope nothing but the best for you!!!

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Good afternoon everyone, just having my morning tea before going out to face the world. Someday I'll have a normal sleeping schedule. Luckily though I was awake at 2am when a friends now German shepherd puppy (6 weeks old) was having problems. She rushed her to the emergency vet, but it's touch and go for now.....hopefully the little one makes it.
Hope everyone has a great day :)
Brian

Inanimate

I remember when my son graduated from high school. He never would have admitted it (he takes after his father on that), but it was obvious he found the idea of getting a job daunting. He lacked serious confidence, and as such he spent his first year (almost 1.5yrs) out of high school (he graduated when he was 19) gaming all the time. Yep, he's a gamer, too! As his mother I could see it wasn't doing him any favors, but I'll admit he could have been doing much worse things, so I'm thankful he wasn't. But what was difficult about watching him that year was how much his overall attitude began declining. He began getting grumpier by the day especially as more and more time passed, so I began gently nudging and encouraging him, in part, by reminding him of his strengths, but also insisted on how getting to work would be a game changer.

Eventually I learned about a job near his house which meant he could walk or bike to it cuz he doesn't drive, either, and I strongly encouraged him to apply cuz they were desperate to hire, so he decided to go for it. Long story short, he did everything he needed to - on his own! and landed himself the job!! :) At first he was afraid no one was gonna like him, but that was cuz he was bullied a lot in high school :(. I let him know that life beyond high school walls is different. Sure there are pricks at any age in life, but they're not as concentrated in the working world as they are in schools.

He is still at the same job now 2yrs later, and he loves it and even better is they love him!!! I worked at that same company for 9mon many years ago (it was my 2nd job), and he's made it even further than I ever did. I knew him getting a job would do him wonders, but it had a bigger (positive) impact than even I expected. His social skills have continued to grow immensely, and his confidence has grown right along with it, too!!

All that to say that while I know the idea of getting out there in the working world can seem daunting and scary it really will be a game changer!! There's nothing like earning your own keep, and who knows? You may just meet a few new, cool friends along the way, but you won't honestly know until you try!

PS. My son is even more into gaming now than he was during that year. He's always buying new games, and has bought himself a new TV and special equipment to play with - all on his own!! Now he's entertaining the idea of saving for a car and getting his license!!! Hope nothing but the best for you!!!
Wow, he sounds just like me; bullied in high school, played video games ALL day, irritable, gradually worsened in terms of mental health, etc. I'm glad that you helped stopped that before it got any worse... because it REALLY could have; I would know. He's like the epitome of what I could have been two years ago, and I a dangerous likelihood of how neglecting the issue could have ensued, at least when I was 18-20. I'm doing much better now. I'm a much better version of myself than I ever was attitude-wise. I initially started going to the gym last year as a baby step, but I've actually become passionate about fitness training, and I want to pursue a career in that regard. Exercise has done so much for me in terms of my recovery, as working has done so much for your son.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this story -- it meant a lot to me. It's very relatable. I probably won't conveniently hear about a place near me in desperate need of a new employee, as ideal as that sounds, but I'll come around to finding a job in the near future.

Mr Stewart

Morning SF. I ordered some clear frame UV/blue light protection glasses for wearing while i'm on the computer. I'm on the computer a lot and have been getting some eye strain. Supposedly these help to reduce that. I hope so.

I going to survive another of isolation as instructed by a tormentor.
Therapy? Sometimes that was about how i would refer to my therapist when i was doing cognitive behavioural therapy. Not fun. But it did help some after all said and done.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Nervous about upcoming knee surgery it'll be first of two so far depending on outcome. Not looking foward to crutches

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Morning SF. I ordered some clear frame UV/blue light protection glasses for wearing while i'm on the computer. I'm on the computer a lot and have been getting some eye strain. Supposedly these help to reduce that. I hope so.

Therapy? Sometimes that was about how i would refer to my therapist when i was doing cognitive behavioural therapy. Not fun. But it did help some after all said and done.
I am thinking about it but I suffer at the hands of these tormentors who have pleasure from it everyday. They need to realise what they do to me everyday. I hope my day of reckoning comes but I will survive like I have done on a day by day basis. These tormentors like to torment but in the long run it will be their own downfall as I predict.

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Butterfly Hope today goes well and you wake up soon!
@Unknown_111 You don't have to do anything a tormentor instructs you to do - do something good for yourself, you deserve it!
@Inanimate Working in a new place with new people terrifies me too, but the social anxiety passes as you get comfortable - you just need to give yourself chance to get comfortable and accept that the first few weeks are going to be unpleasant - it is far better for you in the end though!
@Petal breakfast roll sounds gooood - I had an apple.

I am in a grumpy mood today - hoping it passes! Cake would help...
Thank you. I try to ignore the tormentor but they have a personal vendetta against me and they hold grudges like no one understands. This person holds grudges for years and is proud to be a troll like its a medal of honour. I know I did wrong but I trying to be remorseful as much as I can.

I will survive as I have no choice.

Vanquished

Good afternoon everyone, just having my morning tea before going out to face the world. Someday I'll have a normal sleeping schedule. Luckily though I was awake at 2am when a friends now German shepherd puppy (6 weeks old) was having problems. She rushed her to the emergency vet, but it's touch and go for now.....hopefully the little one makes it.
Hope everyone has a great day :)
Brian
Awwwh...that's so sad about the puppy!!! Does it have parvo by chance? I just wonder cuz I had a german shepherd mix that caught that when he was 7wks, and am thankful to say he survived. Hopefully the little one makes it!!!!

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Awwwh...that's so sad about the puppy!!! Does it have parvo by chance? I just wonder cuz I had a german shepherd mix that caught that when he was 7wks, and am thankful to say he survived. Hopefully the little one makes it!!!!
That's exactly what they're trying to rule out Liz, I hope the little sweetie makes it. She was getting stronger as of a few hours ago.

souncide

I've started a campaign for my new record (yet to be released) with a little something I've been planning for a while now. It's an Alternate Reality Game that I'm doing by myself and that hopefully won't take long to be resolved. If I finished everything already? Not yet, though there are plans to almost make sure I won't fall behind the players.
Are you interested in playing? Then go here http://archivistofthefuture.blogspot.com/

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Today I went to the library, the the girl who scanned my books asked me if I had signed up for the summer reading program. So I signed up and I have to log everything I read until July 30th. Then I can enter for prizes, so that sounds fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00