Jim's Café - Tuesday 19th July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

It is sunny here and not as hot today. Hope everyone has a good day.

2. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Just checking in to say that I am alright but I am in a basement flat and on mobile connection via a router that only works when it feels like it which isn't often and so I have not been online the past two days, fortunately it has given me internet access tonight so I could log into SF.

3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Do you know how to reset the password on the router? Most still have the default password that almost anyone can get into and alter your settings. There is a list online with the default passwords of every router ever made!! So try changing the password and then reset the router to its default settings. You should also have a diagnostic tool on your PC to check your network. Is it possible to hardwire to the router rather than mobile connections?

4. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Most important thing that happened today was that I started recording the second album of the trilogy (first one can be found here). Am feeling tired and sleepy, probably gonna go to bed much earlier today.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

2nd day at work, same old problems. Feeling like crap

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today my eyes are blurry but trying not to worry about it too much. My friend called me a bunch of times today. He never calls me, so I know that he missed me terribly, lol :p

calvinandhobbs and SinisterKid like this.
  7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I had my final follow-up appointment from my surgery. They looked at my scars and said everything was looking good. They recommended I begin to put scar tape on and told me I don't have to put on nipple dressings and I can sleep on my side. Plus since there are no more follow-ups, I get to get my tattoo in a week. Things are pretty much going to go back to normal, but I'm still freaked out about my move.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Read a bit on post surgery depression and it kind of explain my hopelessness so called a doctor today and they asked me to make an appointment tomorrow. I do hope they prescribe me something to help with the crying and moods but ain't telling them the voices part

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  9. __d

__d Active Member

Finally started with the studies that I had been putting off past three weeks. Progress was near zero ;D but at least I pulled myself together. Tomorrow I'll study more, and start with other necessary to-do's. My right knee hurts I cannot run. But am fine

iam and calvinandhobbs like this.
  10. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

For those who had a tough day... Hugs. I'm sorry and hope tomorrow is better.

iam, DrownedFishOnFire and __d like this.
  11. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

@SinisterKid - it's due to a weak signal. Allegedly. EE say that it is because I am in a basement flat that I have poor connection and the scaffolding next door does not help. My view is that they ought to be providing a signal that works because when I check the details in WIFI it says that the signal strength is excellent! Overall my experience with EE has been as poor as their signal. The issue diagnosed by Windows is that I cannot connect due to the DNS server address being incorrect or not existing! I have been on their community support forum and all they can say is go into Router settings in my account and check what the DNS is saying - fine, except I couldn't see anything about DNS in any of the settings. Right now I am very lucky to be online at all and will try the CHAT just to say hi to everyone.

12. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Its what can happen in one of 2 ways. Someone has altered the DNS settings via the router because its still on default password, or sometimes, whatever security you are using, or a VPN can alter that setting as well. What router are you using if you dont mind me asking and what computer? PM thaat info if you prefer.

13. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

@SinisterKid it's something called an Osprey - it's a mobile hotspot thingummy but can work indoors. The lady in the flat next to me directly to my right, also a basement flat, she says her freeview channels are severely interrupted by the scaffolding, we can't wait until they take it down, anyway for whatever reason this afternoon it is working okay, not sure how long it will be for so I am making the most of it. :rolleyes: