Jim's Café Tuesday October 11th of 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by DrownedFishOnFire, Oct 11, 2016.

1. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Today is an early start for some of us....

Cubs won again last night. Am thrilled about it so its stadium food for breakfast! Popcorn, peanuts, pizza, pretzels and hotdogs Chicago style! And of course all drinks of your choosing!

Enjoy the weather and g'day to all.

2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm up because my roommate got home late but still wanted to cook for me today. Had a big plate of fried chicken and fried rice. Yum.

9:15 pm is the rugby club fundraiser, the one I've been agonizing about. The one with the dates. Some guys are learning these choreographed dances and stuff, but I'd only feel comfortable doing that with a partner, which some of them have but I don't. Guess I'm just going to stand there awkwardly and hope someone, anyone, bids on me. I'm gonna look bad too because I don't really have good dress clothes and can't afford to buy any. The club president helped me identify clothes I already have that would work, and he said he'd probably have a tie that matches my shirt, but he might forget and I don't want to bother him, but maybe he'll get annoyed at me for not bothering him. Plus the only shoes I have are sneakers, and my feet are too tiny for any of the guys to be able to help me out. This is supposed to be fun. I don't think it will be for me.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Also, go Giants! :p

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. The long weekend is over here :(

I am looking forward to peer support group today :)

5. mgo

mgo Member

I'm in graduate school to hopefully one day be a licensed counselor to help people never feel the way I do/have in the past and in today's group processing class we have to 'pretend' to be depressed clients with suicidal ideation or have attempted suicide in the past… I'm getting so anxious just thinking about it… i'm hoping my professor will hear me out and allow me to not participate until the practice group therapy is done

6. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I'm under the weather. [​IMG]

Well that's not strictly true because I'm indoors, I would be under the weather if I was outside.

With these colds they say keep wrapped up warm and drink plenty of liquids.

Dinner tonight will be burgers, mash and spaghetti hoops.

There's also the prospect of watching England attempt to play football later on tv. :D

7. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Go Padres!

(gets coat and exits quietly)...

8. DrownedFishOnFire

Bad day for me. I put down wrong day for doctors today and another one this afternoon cancelled on mr due to circumstances when I was in the office.

9. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Having a driving lesson like pretty damn soon. Anxious to meet my instructor and feeling pressured to not make mistakes.

10. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

To make minimal mistakes*, to be realistic.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yesterday was a better day at work. I seem to do better talking on the actual phone as opposed to the headphones. So I hope things go well again today.

12. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

So the cafe lives on...

A pretty uneventful day today. Got up, ate, drank, smoked, watched tv, played music, played xbox, and watched the England game... #disappointed -

Anxiety based stuff is building in me, just causing me to be a little bit lower/more drained than recent weeks.

13. DrownedFishOnFire

Cubs really lost yesterday and will lose today! Arugh!