Jims Café Tuesday September 20

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by DrownedFishOnFire, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Its officially Tuesday where I am at.

The replicator from one of the Federation ships has been dropped into my buffet style restaurant. Its going to satisfy the occasional Vulcan, Klingon or the Romulan vistor. Lets hope none of the warbird parties crash my buffet!

Its able to create dishes and beverages and whatnot to your hearts content.

Maybe I should ask the replicator to make me a Butterbeer or a Chocolate frog?

Have a fanastic day everyone.

2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Might go see the nurse when I go to school. Internally debating whether or not I should. There isn't really a reason why I shouldn't besides the fact that I don't want to waste her time. Guess I should probably go to bed and see if I'm still having trouble walking when I wake up. This really sucks :(

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  3. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Feeling rather stabilized after a few hectic weeks. I'm actively trying to gain weight/bulk again, and I'm eating a lot more comfortably and organized than the last time, so I think there's hope. At the moment, I'm album streaming and trying to expand my music library because I'm about done listening to the same shit. Probably not a good idea considering that I'm going to bed soon.

4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Falling down emotionally. Hopefully I don't go into the emotional abyss. I have had so many good days that this is disturbing. Hoping that this it and I pull out of this.
    Hope everyone has a great day

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  5. baywasp

i'm feeling mostly better, but there's still a little pain. Decided to go to the nurse. She said it looked fine and gave me some cold packs and ibuprofen. I feel a little more at ease too. I was reading about these sorts of calf injuries online, and they seemed to be giving me the worst-case scenario as one tends to get on the internet. Don't think it'll take too long to heal. I'm almost walking normally today (just a little stiffly).

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good evening folks. Had a fun day for the most part. Did my sister's friends hair, it's nice to be good at something :) Talked about some fun things, nice to have someone to talk to all day instead of isolating myself in my bedroom.

@baywasp I am glad you are feeling a little better and reassured.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

@baywasp does it help when you stretch it a bit?

Kinda of a slow day here grabbing last minute late lunch fighting the need to sleep before work. Just want to sleep. Kind of unmotivated to go to work

8. baywasp

Not a lot. I did a ton of stretching yesterday at practice but didn't get better until this morning. I think what works the most is staying off it as much as possible.

9. DrownedFishOnFire

Sounds reasonable. Lunch is over. Now going to work (blah)

10. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I will take a butterbeer. By now I think that most of you would know what I have going on today, peer support group :)

11. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, when you're retired most days there's not much going on. I actually miss my work and moreso the people I worked with. Unfortunately with back and neck injuries I couldn't keep up, also glad I spent Moms last year looking after her. Probably go to the park with Bella later, that seems to be the highlight of my day lol.
    Hope everyone feels better, physically and mentally.....sending good thoughts to all.
    Hugs
    Brian

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I accidentally dropped my computer the other night, and the screen shattered. Luckily my uncle came over today with a monitor, so I can chat happily away :)

13. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I ate today so good job. Have spent another day in bed. tske care and glad to see you guys better.

Brian777 and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  14. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Had a somewhat laid back day. My morning plans were cancelled unexpectedly, so it gave me the whole day. It is still very warm here (82°F) and very very sunny. I wanted exercise but not a sunburn, so I went to the mall and window-shopped. Came home, read, puttered on the computer, decided it was late enough in the day to go walking without getting a sunburn. I saw a mink! It darted across the path about 6 feet from me! Very fast, slinky, and cute!

This is not my picture...but it's what the little guy looked like:

[​IMG]