Jim's Café - Wed Oct. 12

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning all:)
    I am making the tea and it is self-serve food today (ie make it yourself :p)

I am going rock climbing this evening :)
    Brian777 likes this.
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My rugby fundraiser last night was actually fun, surprisingly enough. There were other guys who weren't wearing suits and ties, so I wasn't that out of place. It was great watching some of the guys act stupid on the stage, even though my lack of self-confidence wouldn't allow me to match their energy level. I probably should have gotten a little alcohol into me to help with that, but I didn't want to get in trouble. I was pretty nervous and even shaking when I was waiting to go up, but it went okay. More than one person bid on me. Bidding started at $1, and I went for $16. I wasn't even the lowest: there were at least 2 guys who went for less than me (but another went for nearly $250, which is kinda ridiculous, especially since I don't even think he's the hottest guy on the team lol) Ended up being bought by the roommate of one of my teammates. That was nice of him. I just was hoping for a girl since I've only ever been on a date with a guy. But maybe this doesn't count as a real date so whatever.

After the event, I mentioned to someone that I didn't feel like going home yet because I didn't wanna be alone, so he invited me to come to the school cafe one floor down with him. A few of my other friends from the team ended up coming too, and we just hung out and had a nice conversation, even though I didn't talk much.

Seeing the counselor today. Going to see if I can tell her about the suicidal thoughts and my insecurities even though I feel good right now.
    DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, folks.

I hope everyone has a nice and caring day.
  4. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Not feeling good today, but I could be feeling a lot worse, so there's that.
    I'm working on a new story.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Trying to wake up from the mental fog of sleepworld. Nothing is making sense. Got a doctors appointment today. Ugh
    Brian777 likes this.
  6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@baywasp I hope the counselling appointment goes well.
    @souncide what is the story about?
    @DrownedFishOnFire hope the doctor's appointment goes okay.

It is sunny here today and feeling like fall :)
    DrownedFishOnFire and baywasp like this.
  7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, it's a warm and sunny Fall day in Canada, the leaves are starting to change so probably going to head for the woods with Bella. Hope everyone feels better and gets through the day.
    Hugs my friends
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hello sf. it's been cold here this week. there was snow. looks like it will get back to seasonal temperatures by tomorrow. i need to get my car's oil changed at some point soon. maybe next week.
    Brian777 and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Doctors appointment went ok. Gave me more confidence in my knee and gave me the best answer that didn't give me stress about another knee surgrey its totally up to me to do it or not.
    Brian777 likes this.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not much going on here. Feeling confident about things at work so I hope it stays that way.
    SillyOldBear and Brian777 like this.