Jim's Café

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good afternoon all :)

It is feeling like fall here, cold and sunny.

Hope you all have a good day :)
    Brian777 likes this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Happy Saturday people! Hope everyone is having a relaxing day. I didn't actually get out of bed today until the middle of the afternoon - lazy lazy lazy! Doing absolutely nothing today - feeling twitchy now though. Going to do some dishes and clean a little bit then find something to watch on tv with a cup of tea and chocolate brownie.

Today is 'dessert day' in the café. We have the aforementioned chocolate brownie as well as lemon cupcakes, white chocolate and raspberry cookies and a boston cream pie - though if you want any of that you may have to fight @NYJmpMaster for it. We did have chocolate covered strawberries but @WildCherry scoffed the lot as soon as the delivery arrived!

I believe @Witty_Sarcasm is going to do some baking later also, so put your requests in before she starts! (I heard she gets cranky if people go in her kitchen while she is baking though, so beware you don't get beaned in the head with a whisk!)

If there are any fights over the "last slice" of anything, please address them to @Acy for dessert-mediation.

Have a good day all!
    Witty_Sarcasm and Brian777 like this.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Freya, there will be no need for dessert-mediation. *nudge-nudge-wink-wink - as you asked, I'll put your half of any leftovers in the Secret Fridge*
    Brian777 and Freya like this.
  4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, I slept in too Lu :) and it's a beautiful Fall day here too Kate :) sunny and cool. I love this weather.
    I'm just having ma morning tea(even though it's afternoon now)
    Have a great day everyone
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Haha, I only get cranky if people ask for elaborate orders that are too specific :p

Today was a good day. I went to the Harvest Fest/Oktoberfest that was in town. Listened to upbeat music, had some good food, went on a horse carriage ride, and got some nice souvenirs. Been a good weekend so far.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

We lost our game again. We're 0-3 now. But I had a tiny personal victory before the game. I managed to do part of a running/passing drill until I had to stop because of my leg. That was the first time since Monday that I'd done anything besides the stretches. It was pretty chilly tonight.

On to the big stuff though. I don't think the team captain had time to speak to our president about my housing problem. And I have to check out of the motel tomorrow. Guess I need to call the number I called before which can get me connected to shelters etc. I really don't want to admit that this is real. I also need to ask about transportation assistance, which probably doesn't exist where I am, or see if I can get a ride with a teammate or stranger because I can't walk 2 mi. along the side of the road with all my bags.
  7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Found out that I may not be able to reach anyone on the number, it being Sunday and all. Sounds like they might only be open weekdays. So I might be staying outside for the next night. If not longer. Not sure how I'm going to get to practice Monday with all my bags-- dunno if they'd let me take them all on the school shuttle and the public buses that go near the field get pretty full. I don't want to have to carry all my bags with me. They're heavy. Plus I don't want to look homeless. Everything is just messed up. :(