Jim's cafe 12th July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning folks,

What would you like for breakfast? It's on me ;)
    Tea or coffee, a splash of earl grey?
    I have finally gotten into a sleep routine, down for 8 and up at 5, it's working out well :)
    What are everyone's plans for the day? Please share and we will care and support each other.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, I'm off to rest and shut myself from society. I wish everyone a safe and hopefully a happy day. Life is about caring for another and nothing more. Like a tall giraffe once said, "Let's be safe and careful out there".
    calvinandhobbs, iam and Brian777 like this.
  3. iam

iam SF Supporter

If I have to eat fruit for breakfast, I'm having cake too:)

Attached Files:

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Still reeling from an adventure at the hospital. 10 days was enough for a burst appendix. Still painful but rather be home getting stuff done around here
    souncide, calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing well. @DrownedFishOnFire sorry to hear about the appendix problem, hope you are recuperating and feeling better.
    Still having a heat wave here in Southern Ontario Canada, it's in the 90's not counting the humidex......I can't function outside in this, dog doesn't like it either. I've been in a crap mood for days, can't seem to get out of this funk.....I don't like myself like this. Can't even think of what to say :( take care everyone.
  6. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Completed my move today from supported living to independent living. It's a small studio flat and so I have had to downsize a little but all my loves are here like my retro jukebox. No Sky so had to get mobile broadband for this laptop which took a while to get going but finally I am online and able to be here on SF. It meant no TV so I sourced a freeview set top box and while it is connected in the normal way, aerial into box, cable from box to tv, can't get any picture yet, the two bits of equipment are not marrying, still, Ellis and Zoe visited, my first night on my own again, feel very alone but got six different Polish beers for the fridge and a raging lamb tindaloo and keema rice from an Indian takeaway new to me. Also I have been playing this song over and over since two nights ago I was watching T In The Park and this guy, Jake Bugg, he's some talent isn't he, ended his set with this song I had never heard before and it blew me to pieces, can't stop playing it - here's a version of it from the Royal Albert Hall... oh and catch you all tomorrow. :)

7. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

So pleased for ya Kid that the move has gone ahead and gone well and you are now back in your own place. Hell of a achievement is that and you should be really proud of yourself. Hope you get the tv up and running before too long, but when you think about it, whats on thats worth watching anyway?

Best of luck in the new place, keep on top of it, cherish it and you will be fine and if/when the going gets tough, we are all here to support you through it.
    Kid B, calvinandhobbs and iam like this.
  8. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Wonderful song. I'm going up see if they have it here. Thank you!!
    Kid B likes this.
  9. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My Skype conversation went pretty well I think. He showed me the building, and we talked a little about what's in the neighborhood. I really want to live there, but I'm still not sure if I'll get it. Thankfully I ate a big pastrami sandwich because I missed my meal delivery because of the Skype call. They're always way late with the meals but today they were maybe the earliest they'd ever been. I'm kinda pissed. Today's meal sounded good.
    Kid B and calvinandhobbs like this.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Lol, I want lots of coffee and chocolate, even though it is dinner time now :p I want to treat myself because I am becoming strong and independent. Got rid of the trash in my life, and I am happier and moving forward :)
    Kid B, iam and calvinandhobbs like this.
  11. calvinandhobbs

Witty... Good for you! What was for supper, wasp? I hope all have a good evening. I spent time with one of my kids so can't ask for much more.
    Brian777, iam and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you :) Glad you got to spend time with your kid. Hope you had a good day!
    Kid B, iam and calvinandhobbs like this.
  13. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi all. I went to a support group today. It was nice talking to others about how they deal with suicidal ideations and SH urges.
  14. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

It's moving isn't it. When he plays it live it's always slowed down, the album version is more uptempo. Wiki states that the song was written about his (Jake's) Glaswegian love interest Abigail Carter.

He's only come to the fore in the last few years, Lightning Bolt I would guess is his most-known song. So where abouts are you? I have not bought the CD with this song on yet but gone down the usual route of ripping from Youtube and converting the videos to mp3 format.
  15. calvinandhobbs

I am in Canada on the west coast. I love music that moves me. I kinda still have cassettes , too. Hahaha