Jim's Cafe - 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette

I wonder if they have some hot tea with cream and sugar. I am in the US and people think I am crazy to drink this. I also would get fish and chips at the bar if I could. I would love to visit the United Kingdom.

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
Thank you for the invite, Miss @Innocent Forever.

I wonder how they do reach those drinks at the bar, it looks like a footstool isn't high enough - they probably have to use one of those sliding ladders or perhaps form a human pyramid to get that one bottle at the very top of the shelf. I would also suggest a human centipede but that'd be vertically challenged for a bartender in this case.

I don't have much to contribute today but while we're on drinks, here is a picture of a very tall glass... and in case you're thinking that's orange juice, its not. Its raw eggs.

(I'm not the white guy in the picture. I'm damned glad for that because I think drinking all those eggs would make me throw up something fierce.)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Emerald Hyperion know few off the bat that has liked the raw egg drink. Still GROSS to the ninth degree.

Am off work tonight and tomorrow so kind of wasting the day away by catching up on sleep which is alright with me.

Have a fun last weekend of October. The October sky is so clear and crisp here

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
Wow, Em, I hope you don't drink that every morning! My mom did that after she watched Rocky, she said it was horrible lol. I like my eggs cooked, not raw :p
If I drank that every morning, Witty, I don't think I'd be alive to tell the tale! I'll happily take scrambled, hard boiled or sunny side up, but raw? That's when I'm gonna say "LOLNOPE!" I'm a daring man, but not that daring!

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
I'm going to join in with @DrownedFishOnFire and wish everyone a Happy Halloween as well. Over a month ago I originally planned on making a Jim's Cafe topic for Halloween today, but I've been kinda slipping on the storytelling skills lately. Basically my sleep apnea's been messing with my ability to concentrate. Trust me, none of ya'll want a condition where every time you sleep, you risk causing eventual brain damage, you start losing your short-term memory, AND on top of that highly increasing your risk to die in your sleep. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. (Okay, maybe I would. Too cruel? :rolleyes:)

Anyway, did anyone get a good candy haul?! I haven't gone trick-or-treating since 1989. I was 5 years old then. Dressed up as Leonardo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I don't remember getting too much candy because since I lived in the ghetto, so it was kind of a huge risk knocking on random strangers doors asking for a sugar fix. If you had a couple of hypodermic needles or weed joints thrown into your little bag, you were trick-or-treating in the wrong neighborhood.

I didn't do much today, I went to CVS to grab a few bags of Kit-Kats for the little kiddies today. Ironically, only three trick-or-treaters stopped by the apartment, and that was all she wrote. Haven't had a knock on the door since then. More Kit-Kats for me? That would be a good thing, except I'M GETTING SICK OF EATING KIT-KATS!!! THAT'S ALL I'VE BEEN HAVING FOR SNACK TIME FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

In other news, I found out there a video game I've been wanting for months that went on sale for $20. I took my happy ass to the online store check out just to find out it I couldn't add it to the cart and it was sold out! I. Was. Pissed!!!

Does anyone know if watching a horror movie while randomly scratching your ass is considered an activity?

Shorty92

:eek:
I'm going to join in with @DrownedFishOnFire and wish everyone a Happy Halloween as well. Over a month ago I originally planned on making a Jim's Cafe topic for Halloween today, but I've been kinda slipping on the storytelling skills lately. Basically my sleep apnea's been messing with my ability to concentrate. Trust me, none of ya'll want a condition where every time you sleep, you risk causing eventual brain damage, you start losing your short-term memory, AND on top of that highly increasing your risk to die in your sleep. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. (Okay, maybe I would. Too cruel? :rolleyes:)

Anyway, did anyone get a good candy haul?! I haven't gone trick-or-treating since 1989. I was 5 years old then. Dressed up as Leonardo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I don't remember getting too much candy because since I lived in the ghetto, so it was kind of a huge risk knocking on random strangers doors asking for a sugar fix. If you had a couple of hypodermic needles or weed joints thrown into your little bag, you were trick-or-treating in the wrong neighborhood.

I didn't do much today, I went to CVS to grab a few bags of Kit-Kats for the little kiddies today. Ironically, only three trick-or-treaters stopped by the apartment, and that was all she wrote. Haven't had a knock on the door since then. More Kit-Kats for me? That would be a good thing, except I'M GETTING SICK OF EATING KIT-KATS!!! THAT'S ALL I'VE BEEN HAVING FOR SNACK TIME FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

In other news, I found out there a video game I've been wanting for months that went on sale for $20. I took my happy ass to the online store check out just to find out it I couldn't add it to the cart and it was sold out! I. Was. Pissed!!!

Does anyone know if watching a horror movie while randomly scratching your ass is considered an activity?
Crikey :eek: doesnโ€™t sound good trick or treating where you lived! I didnโ€™t go when I was a child as I lived in the middle of nowhere, so itโ€™s fun now Iโ€™m a mum that I get to do it :D sucks about the game! Also your condition sounds terrifying :( are you under any medical advice or medication for it? And I love KIT KATS!

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
:eek:
Crikey :eek: doesnโ€™t sound good trick or treating where you lived! I didnโ€™t go when I was a child as I lived in the middle of nowhere, so itโ€™s fun now Iโ€™m a mum that I get to do it :D sucks about the game! Also your condition sounds terrifying :( are you under any medical advice or medication for it? And I love KIT KATS!
Not at the moment, Shorty. I'm only ever scheduled to see my doctor about once a year. I also suffer from sleep paralysis and a few other things too. Ever wake up and you can't move your arm or you may feel paralyzed from the neck down? It happens to me sometimes. You wanna stop by my place and take the excess Kit Kats?! I don't need them! LOL...

(In other news... I might not be posting much after this because I need to chill. Long story).

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿง๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
I'm sorry, Witty, I'm not doing this intentionally or I'm purposely making you worry. I have a weird way of dealing with things and I need to stop doing that. I'll be okay. Don't worry. I'm not a drama queen type. Was just trying to be funny about it.
I know that, I just want you to be okay. I use humor in serious situations too, it can be used as a way to cope. I don't want to be pushy but I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

Shorty92

Not at the moment, Shorty. I'm only ever scheduled to see my doctor about once a year. I also suffer from sleep paralysis and a few other things too. Ever wake up and you can't move your arm or you may feel paralyzed from the neck down? It happens to me sometimes. You wanna stop by my place and take the excess Kit Kats?! I don't need them! LOL...

(In other news... I might not be posting much after this because I need to chill. Long story).
Iโ€™ve heard of sleep paralysis and it sounds terrifying! Deal I will hop on a plan and swing by and get the Kit Kats lol! If your gotta chill thatโ€™s what youโ€™ve gotta do, do you !

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
I know that, I just want you to be okay. I use humor in serious situations too, it can be used as a way to cope. I don't want to be pushy but I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Oh, and I forgot about the overabundance of Kit Kats in your domicile. You may dislike some of what I sent you, lol.
You're not being pushy, honey. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you either. I do know that you care, and I promise I won't play around and risk jeopardizing my health like that especially for you. I always try to watch what I'm doing when I'm sleeping. Don't worry about what you sent me, I'm going to like it all the same, even with Kit-Kats included. ;)

Iโ€™ve heard of sleep paralysis and it sounds terrifying! Deal I will hop on a plan and swing by and get the Kit Kats lol! If your gotta chill thatโ€™s what youโ€™ve gotta do, do you !
Its definitely terrifying, Shorty. There's been a few times when I literally couldn't move for about an hour. Once I lost feeling in both my arms and I actually had to roll myself sideways so I could let the sensation return to my arms, took about a half hour to do that. If I sleep on my back, I risk cutting off oxygen to my brain. If I sleep sideways, I risk paralyzing part of my body. If I sleep on my stomach, that's practically an impossible sleeping position. So... yeah my options are limited. Unless I use my girlfriend's lap as a pillow, then I could be okay, LOL!

Hugs @Emerald Hyperion
I would offer to relieve you of the kit kats, and trade them for cookies, but you can have cookies and ice cream without the tradein :)
*hugs* Hiya Inno, thank you for the cookies and ice cream. I really could use that right now! I have way more than enough Kit-Kats to go around so you and Shorty probably could make a swimming pool with them, LOL! Here take as many as you need! *munches on cookies/icecream* OM NOMNOMMM!!! I hope you're doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00