Jim's cafe 26th of July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning folks, would you like tea or coffee, a scone or toast? A spread of jam or butter? :D

So, everyone... tell us your exciting plans for the day ahead? :)
    What is the weather like where you are right now?
    It's wet out today here as usual, this weather is depressing for our ''summer'' lol

I wish each and every one of you a splendid day =)

Here is the fight song to start to your day (thanks @texaskitty for introducing me to this song, it's amazing)

2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I have to pack. My move is tomorrow. I already packed my books up, but I should be working on my clothes right now. I'm watching Food Network Star right now instead of being productive. Might have to also figure out shipping some belongings in case they don't all fit in my luggage. I also am planning on checking in online for my flight (which I have to do at the library since I don't have a printer for my boarding pass) and maybe get a haircut if I have time. Plus get my favorite fruit tea and pizza one last time. Should be a busy day. And my tattoo appointment!! I almost forgot about that.

3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

today is was freezing when i left but got kinda nice during the day the sun was out it was about 17 degrees so still cold. but today was first day of uni, and i made it though. i have organised everything i need for tomorrow did a load of washing and now i'm sitting down to dinner of homemade chicken and sweet corn soup with garlic bread(from store) i plan to head to bed after dinner and snuggle in and find something to watch and fingers crossed i get more than a few hours.

wish everyone the best for the day ahead.
    take care

4. iam

iam SF Supporter

Working today. Feeling good though, must have been a blip yesterday.
    Enjoying this beautiful weather. its like Barbados here today. If anyone was thinking of going on holiday this is the place to be;):D:p

5. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

A trip to my favourite cafe was long overdue, it is the best breakfast in town so here is a collage from today...

[​IMG]

It is a Beatles themed cafe and has been there a long long time. All around are framed discs, some with their original covers; by my table on the wall was Lennon's "Just Like Starting Over" and I remember having the same picture cover. I'm not a Beatles fan though by any stretch of the imagination, I'm sure the breakfast would taste just as good if the cafe were decked out in Pink Floyd memorabilia.

6. Petal

Damn! That is some breakfast!! It looks mighty fine, glad you enjoyed it :)

DrownedFishOnFire and Kid B like this.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Kid B That looks yummy.

@baywasp That does sound like a busy day. Have fun!!

@Petal It is sunny and cloudy here today. Another hot day too.

I have work today. I am looking forward to a peer support group later on today.

8. Petal

I hope the peer support group goes well, is it specifically for depression anxiety or...? Glad you have nice weather too :)

9. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

It is for all psychiatric survivors. I like this one because its for young people.

Kid B likes this.
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Slept in. First time in a very long time that I slept like a log am happy about that.

Setting goals for the day especially doing a load of laundry and filing few more paperwork

Witty_Sarcasm and Kid B like this.
  11. baywasp

Probably can't get my fruit tea before my tattoo appointment. Maybe the place will still be open afterwards, but I have to recycle my broken electronics and donate my books. I've been stuck in my room waiting for my case manager who hopefully has my savings check for me but I don't know if she does. I'm running out of time. Hopefully she'll give me enough time to wolf down some food before I go to the tattoo shop. She was in a meeting before, but I peeked through the window on the door and saw someone standing in the doorway of her office, so someone was in there. I'm getting really annoyed.

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

All this talk of food is making me hungry :p Way too hot today, but I got out for a bit so that was nice. Got more books from the library, so that will keep me occupied for a while. My friend told me he has a job lined up for me where he lives. Now I just need to save up money so I can move down there.

13. baywasp

Got my tattoo and my fruit tea afterward, and my check, although I might not be able to cash it yet, but I think I have enough money in my account for what I need to do tomorrow since my luggage was cheap. My tattoo looks amazing. I just have to take good care of it now to keep it that way.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.