Jim's Cafe - 2nd February 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonk

hello everyone and cafe peeps. can i open the 2nd Feb cafe thread?
i know it's far from great and i'm sorry if it's imposing of me. i waited for this thread today for quite a bit of time, but i figure, maybe i can..

well.. i see how everyone posted good and beautiful food here. it's a cafe after all ~

and it's about the Feb photo challenge
View attachment 5366
i didn't do the 1st day ch, i do the 2nd which i'm about to share. it's about "favourite" ~

it's not beautiful.. but it's super tasty and easily become my new favourite. rly, i'm not making it up, even i'm surpised at the taste x)

it's Sundanese Meat Soup
View attachment 5367
the story behind it.. was wondering what to eat, so i talked to my cousin who work with me at the shop. he said, there's a meat soup made by Sundanese people, it's so delicious, best taste he said, altho it's a bit pricey
(2.5 US dollars for comparison. but yea, we usually have a lunch here below 2 dollars)

i said, why not. i'll try it. i'm curious too, how delishus is it, that he brag it out. so he bought it for me from the shopping district. put the soup on the bowl, paired with rice beside it and i squash some lime into the soup

and, when i slurp the soup, to my surprise, it's very good! it's not oily at all, and i love the chopped garlic that's floating. i always love dishes with garlic in it. it makes it.. what to say, spicey good?
the meat is so soft too, the beef broth is tasty (sweet and salty) . there's only one soup i know, that on par with this, so it easily shoots up to be my new favourite ~

and, it's not much.. this is it from me.. i hope everyone have a good day :)

*omg i'm so grateful for the draft system here. i thought i can't ever finish this. turns out, i can x)

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I'll be early to the cafe this time. Got practice and an appointment tomorrow. Not sure what else I'll do, but I really have to start working on some homework.
@yonk Thanks for opening up the cafe. That soup looks good.
I'll provide some donuts for everyone to enjoy. It's a little after midnight here and I have to sleep soon, so I think I'll wait to partake until later.

yonk

I'll be early to the cafe this time. Got practice and an appointment tomorrow. Not sure what else I'll do, but I really have to start working on some homework.
@yonk Thanks for opening up the cafe. That soup looks good.
I'll provide some donuts for everyone to enjoy. It's a little after midnight here and I have to sleep soon, so I think I'll wait to partake until later.

ahh, yes, thanks for coming and provides us with colorful, tasty looking donuts :)

supposedly, i do colorful stuffs too, for the thread. but i haven't had the thought before. silly me..

i forgot to tag people too.. uhh..

good night, baywasp. sleep tight

gypsylee

SF Supporter
I’m even visiting the cafe! In American high school movies I’d be that aloof chick with piercings and tattoos who mocks everyone and sits there with a book on nihilistic philosophy, and vodka hidden in her drink bottle. Or the lesbian heroin addict from the rich but unsupportive family in Orange Is the New Black.

yonk

Good job opening up, @yonk Stellar job, sir. Your soup looks interesting, I'd try it out for sure. And nice job working the photo project as well.

View attachment 5368 Hello to each of you. I hope this find each of you well.
thank you, sir walkerbait. i'm so glad you like it. yea, the soup is superb x)

ah yes, for the photos, i had to use photo resize app, but i can't seem it make it look big like everyone usually does.. also the upload a file issue.. it's my 1st time making a cafe thread.. i'll figure it out someday ~

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
HIJACK!
ah yes, for the photos, i had to use photo resize app, but i can't seem it make it look big like everyone usually does
Hey, when I upload from my phone they're always just the size I took the pic in. I just hit "upload a file", find it in my phone (a real pain in the ..), then select the option for the full size image (instead of thumbnail) when uploading. Easy. Not sure if it works the same way for everyone else, seems some people get all different things here for some reason.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
All are welcome to open up the cafe @yonk and what a fantastic job you've done of it! I love the soup theme. I got sacked on my first shift, then had to pinch the keys to have another go! :p You're doing great on your first day ;)

Sudanese Soup looks interesting Yonk; I've brought my own bowl to try some if that's ok?
View attachment 5370
And I've brought along my favourite, good old tomato soup
View attachment 5371
And some gorgeous jalapeño and cheese bread to spice things up a little when wiping the bowl clean
View attachment 5372
I'm struggling a little today, so come and light up my life and share some soup with us @Mercedesgirl @BumbleBee @Kira @JacsMom @bhabie_gurl @bubblebear @Charlieb10088 @Lost @Stevejk @Daíthí @sassy123 @JmpMster @Freya @Dmf31286 @drinty @Lilyfrog @unlucky me @Pagan @Kereviz @Ash600 @gypsylee @Endlessagony @Petal @Jolene @may71 and all the rest of the SF family. X

Let's eat together, {hedgehugs} all round.
View attachment 5374

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
*generates {{{hedgehugs}}} for @Karmitkurmit* I'll probably drive you crazy with that after a while haha :rolleyes:
Drive me crazy? LMFAO. I like the idea you think I wasn't crazy already!

You keep making them, and I'll keep spreading the {hedgehug} love.

It has been suggested that I change my name to that! Need to make a vote thread I think! :p

yonk

aaa, thank you so much. i'm so glad you and many other people here like it ~

ofc you can hav sum. as long as the soup maker is still there, i can buy as many as you want

oh, by the way, it's Sundanese ~ it's a tribe in Indonesia. while Sudanese might refer to the country of Sudan. it's okay, just a slight mistake, i correct it x)

i like your "hedgehugs" pics, so cute. my email is sonicyonk actually, it's from sonic the hedhehogs ~
oh my, tomato soup! no less delishus than my meat soup, i trust. i love tomato's taste. the sourness, mmm. just like i love strawberry, and kiwi ~
and cheese also. makes me wanna drool, salty delishus cheese ~

oh, also thank you for tagging more people, which i forgot to do.. let's eat and enjoy, everyone :)

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
aaa, thank you so much. i'm so glad you and many other people here like it ~

ofc you can hav sum. as long as the soup maker is still there, i can buy as many as you want

oh, by the way, it's Sundanese ~ it's a tribe in Indonesia. while Sudanese might refer to the country of Sudan. it's okay, just a slight mistake, i correct it x)

i like your "hedgehugs" pics, so cute. my email is sonicyonk actually, it's from sonic the hedhehogs ~
oh my, tomato soup! no less delishus than my meat soup, i trust. i love tomato's taste. the sourness, mmm. just like i love strawberry, and kiwi ~
and cheese also. makes me wanna drool, salty delishus cheese ~

oh, also thank you for tagging more people, which i forgot to do.. let's eat and enjoy, everyone :)
Ah yeah, sorry Yonk, that's my useless spelling! Auto correct is never there when you want it!

I like the reference to sonic! Always great to have another hedgehog fan around ;)

Tomato soup is quite plain, but you can add pretty much anything to it to make it personal to you.

It's great to be in your cafe today Yonk! Just what I needed. They'll be plenty more people along throughout the day, so keep the soup coming! :)

unlucky me

All are welcome to open up the cafe @yonk and what a fantastic job you've done of it! I love the soup theme. I got sacked on my first shift, then had to pinch the keys to have another go! :p You're doing great on your first day ;)

Sudanese Soup looks interesting Yonk; I've brought my own bowl to try some if that's ok?
View attachment 5370
And I've brought along my favourite, good old tomato soup
View attachment 5371
And some gorgeous jalapeño and cheese bread to spice things up a little when wiping the bowl clean
View attachment 5372
I'm struggling a little today, so come and light up my life and share some soup with us @Mercedesgirl @BumbleBee @Kira @JacsMom @bhabie_gurl @bubblebear @Charlieb10088 @Lost @Stevejk @Daíthí @sassy123 @JmpMster @Freya @Dmf31286 @drinty @Lilyfrog @unlucky me @Pagan @Kereviz @Ash600 @gypsylee @Endlessagony @Petal @Jolene @may71 and all the rest of the SF family. X

Let's eat together, {hedgehugs} all round.
View attachment 5374
@Karmitkurmit this few days i have good appetite.i think I'll gain weight if I'm not cautious :D:p don't make me eat more:) just kidding.here I'll sent all this smiles and *hugs so your day can shine ;) :):):):):):D:D:D:oops::rolleyes::):)

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
@Karmitkurmit this few days i have good appetite.i think I'll gain weight if I'm not cautious :D:p don't make me eat more:) just kidding.here I'll sent all this smiles and *hugs so your day can shine ;) :):):):):):D:D:D:oops::rolleyes::):)
Awww, thanks darlin', I like a good smile.

A healthy appetite is a sure sign that depression and anxiety isn't getting to you. I know people have issues with food because of mental health, I do too (just the other way around; I don't eat for days) but sitting down together with this family and enjoying some good chat and grub surely can't be a bad thing?

Enjoy the soup, and let's have a little dance too! ;)
Cue the juke box:

Come on SF family, I know it's cheesy but I really am having the time of my life with you...dance damn it, dance!

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
Right, I've been trying to decide where to post this, and recent events have dictated it be here.

I was trying to avoid this song due to my current relationship status; but actually, the more I listen to it, the more I realise it's ideal for the SF family. I know not everyone's into POP, but I like everything so tough :p.

We've all got issues, but no one judges each other, and I'm damn sure I need you all. We will all have those days where we just want to push everyone away but, thanks to the unconditional love, I for one will always be pulling this family back in.

So get your arse in here @crumbum, and everyone else; if it provokes tears then so be it, I'm crying anyway so let's all have a cuddle, a damn good cry together, and then celebrate this community over a nice hot bowl of soup and a crouton, or several. :)

Cue that bloody juke box:

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
Thank you for the invite

Soup ...homemade is the best. I love making leak and tatty soup and tomato soup.

View attachment 5377

Some baguettes to dunk with

View attachment 5378
OMG, I am sooo stopping on way back from counselling to get a baguette! Good shout Lilyfrog; tiger baguette and tomato soup with chorizo is definitely on the menu tonight.....for "tea" that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00