Jim's cafe 6th of July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning all.. Rise and shine

Breakfast for me this morning will be the full Irish brekkie, sausages, rashers, egg, black and white pudding,mushrooms,beans and toast, mmm can't wait.

What are everyone's plans for today?

I will be moving soon (possibly even today) so might not have internet fully for a few days just saying in case ye wonder where I am.

Feeling quite positive today and have accepted some things peacefully in my mind.

Everyone have a fabulous day and tell us about your fun filled plans!

2. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Rise and shine? Not yet, just woke up, made coffee, back under duvet. Was just looking at forecast, nothing this week, maybe some sunny days at the end of next week, but they have been saying that for the past four weeks. Successive governments have failed to deal with our miserable summer weather and it is nothing short of a scandal.

All I have to do today is collect some prescriptions and start the rest of packing things up, the rest is just clothes really and that's fairly simple because I have labelled containers for clothes which are easily transportable.

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I want some full Irish breakfast, or English, or American or whatever :p But I don't want to make it. It is so hot that I can barely do small tasks without ending up drenched in sweat. Need to take it easy until it cools off.

4. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I think there is a lot of difference between an English and an US breakfast. American may be pancakes and syrup or bagels? I like continental breakfast like in Netherlands, fresh rolls, orange juice, ham and cheese.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

It all sounds good to me :) An American breakfast would consist of eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns, things like that. I haven't had any for a while. Now I am tempted to cook :p

6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm still up, again. I don't know why. I probably could sleep if I wanted to. Anyway, today literally just started for me, though I'll probably sleep at some point before I do anything productive. I'm going to have a meeting with my case manager today, at least if she's gotten a reply regarding my extension. Also, someone who's knows a lot about finding housing said she might help me a little with my search. She could probably do more with greater notice, but I didn't know where I was moving to until somewhat recently.

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yep, the US and also Canadian full breakfast would be eggs, choice of bacon or sausage (links or patty) or ham, hashbrowns, maybe a cup of fruit on the side, fruit juice. Coffee. Or pancakes. Or waffles. We don't do the beans and black pudding that the UK does.

My favorite is eggs benedict. Delicious.

My breakfast today is toast with peanut butter. :p

8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good afternoon all.
    I went to the Art Gallery today. I volunteered to be dressed up in 18th century fashion as the queen. It was fun. :D

Sitting in a bookstore cause they have AC. :p

9. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, had a busy day so far, still dealing with the bank and it's been almost a year since Mom passed away. Hope that's it over, I can take much more of this paperwork and nonsense. It's really hot and humid here today, there's a heat warning in effect. Just had a thunderstorm come through when I was driving home, the heavy rain didn't seem to make much difference, still hot. Glad to be home in the air conditioning, so's Bella dog. She'll nap now until she lets me know it's dinner time :) I wish I could live like her, not a care in the world and her own servant.....me. Hope everyone is doing well today :)
    Brian

calvinandhobbs, Witty_Sarcasm and iam like this.
  10. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Mood Management today.........missed my friend badly. Sent her a txt after the group and after a couple sent back and forth, worried I said something that might have pissed her off? Get to see new psych tomorrow, not looking forward to that as it will probably mean more new meds.

11. iam

iam SF Supporter

Ah good for you Rockclimbinggirl, hope your feeling better xx

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Still way too hot. I wish this heat wave would break soon so I can actually be more active. Right now I feel like a slug.

13. SinisterKid

Wish we got some heat!! I think summer was the first week of May and now its back to permanent Autumn. A few nice hot days for shorts and t shirt would be lovely, but also unlikely.

calvinandhobbs and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  14. Witty_Sarcasm

Please take the heat. I would like some cooler weather. I know, summer just started a few weeks ago. I am just a wimp when it comes to extreme temperatures.

calvinandhobbs and SinisterKid like this.
  15. SinisterKid

The only extreme we get is the cutting north east wind and horizontal rain ;)

16. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good afternoon SF! Still down in the dumps over work but I realize it is part of life. Sitting in the ac today as it is wicked hot out. Saw my doc yesterday and gave him a good report about my emotional state. He goes on holiday soon and that unnerves me but I never call between visits so I shouldn't be uneasy.

17. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

omg the person whose listing I found on Craigslist on 7/3 that I really thought seemed cool has responded to me with pictures of the building and an offer to talk over Skype! I was totally not expecting this. I don't know if I'll get it, but I'll do my best to show myself to be a reliable tenant.

18. Witty_Sarcasm

I think I could handle that :p It was around 90 (about 32 C) yesterday. Any more of that and I will melt.

19. SinisterKid

Sangria, by the jug usually helps on that score, makes the melt more enjoyable anyway ;)

20. Witty_Sarcasm

Ok, now I need to try that :)