Jim's cafe Friday 15th of July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Howdy folks :)
    I woke up to the news of the Nice terrorist attacks. How awful. Makes me so angry, the huge disrespect for human life. I hope it ends here (I mean the terror ends here).

What are everyone's plans for the day? I am going to watch netflix and eat chinese food for the day, I might have a look around the charity shops to see what is on offer. Depends on the weather, it's changing so much you would nearly want to bring your whole wardrobe out with you LOL

Have a lovely and safe day folks :)
    calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  2. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

My plan is to do absolutely nothing until lunchtime. Then housework, but that seems so normal in comparison to what the people of Nice are going through...
    calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I can't sleep so I'm watching Crash Course Literature videos on Youtube. I also can't seem to stop checking my email, and I'm not sure why. I've got a therapist appointment later. We've been working on figuring out where I'm going to go for my healthcare after my move. He's having trouble reaching my student health center. I hope they've gotten back to him.
    calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  4. __d

__d Active Member

I am feeling better today (thanks to you and a support group I met yesterday and my friend with whom I do a math review and my family), so now I can refocus on my life plan and hopefully have an idea of some of the parts that are uncomfortably unclear.
    Heard about Nice last night. It is so sad so many lives were lost...
    calvinandhobbs, Petal and iam like this.
  5. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

My retail therapy arrived and everything fits, so I have some new things to wear. Nothing extravagent, nothing expensive, but with all the weight I have lost, I needed something that is not 3 sizes too big for me. So at least that worked out.
    calvinandhobbs, Petal and iam like this.
  6. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Finally made the trip to find my Mum. Long story but through her life she has had mental health issues. Six years back she had saod never to contact her again. I respect anyone's wishes if they say that but it hurt on Mothering Sunday, birthdays and at Christmas, not sending a card even. I could not let it go on any longer. Would she be at the same bungalow? Was she still alive even, she is nearing eighty now. I rang the front door and there was no answer but I could see through the front bedroom window items I recognised. I went to the back of the bungalow and into the garden and managed to slide the conservatory door free and she was sat in the lounge watching tv. She is fine apart from an arthritic knee so she does not drive anymore but is in good health and hasn't really aged at all, fact I would say looks younger than the last time I saw her. We were never close and I didn't stay that long but we have exchanged numbers and she was definitely pleased to see her only child I would say. Also I would like to take her out to dinner, you should be there shouldn't you for you parents. She lives in a very untidy state but she has always been like that. I asked if she was getting help from outside, she said she used to but they got in the way so she stopped them coming. I am really glad I finally made the six-hour round trip, a free one because I have a concessionary pass, two buses there and two back, the Wiltshire countryside and villages are amazingly beautiful, all those cottages with thatched rooves. Do we say that, rooves or roofs? I am never quite sure.
    calvinandhobbs likes this.
  7. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Glad it went well Kid, made the round trip a worthwhile one.

I had not seen my dad for about 15 yrs. I did the same as you and went to his door and rang the bell. He opened the door, took a look at me and said " I am sure I know your face, give me a minute to place it"

I walked away and have not seen him since, not much point if he doesn't recognise his own son. And he is not senile or anything and this was about 12 yrs ago.
  8. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

What a great line.

I hardly knew my Dad. He moved to the States when I was six and I spend the rest of life wondering how anyone could leave a child behind.

I am that child.

Still behind.
  9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Military coup in Turkey underway. Very scary. Whole world is going nuts.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I slept a lot today, so that was nice. Feeling pretty relaxed now. Going to my uncle's tomorrow and he will have freshly made Mexican food and drinks. Sounds like a good time.
    __d and calvinandhobbs like this.
  11. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I have liked the posts to acknowledge I read them. I'm sad with the news today . For you having hard ships I am so sad. If I could help I would . I'm sorry .
    __d likes this.
  12. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I have had an up and down day. Trying to focus on looking forward to hanging out with a friend tomorrow.
    __d and calvinandhobbs like this.
  13. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My therapist did hear back from my school's student health center and they seem willing to work with me, but if they don't think they can help me, they have an idea of a place that can.

Also, I just got sick :( Not sure if it's because of me not sleeping because when that happens, it is usually accompanied by a migraine headache, which I don't have. I should probably sleep soon and hopefully feel better tomorrow.