Jim's Cafe - Friday 19th August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Good Morning Glorious Café Peeps!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and looking forward to the weekend. I am currently taking a break from a nightmare of a spreadsheet and fantasising about bacon and sausage sarnies. Yum. Sadly all I had this morning was a twin pack of chocolate digestives. Not the best of breakfasts!

@NYJmpMaster will be making his famous omelettes at around 1pm GMT / 8am EST and if anyone wants any food before that I am afraid they are going to have to have cold cereal because @Rockclimbinggirl and @SinisterKid are doing some major slacking off this morning. I am going to dock their wages and make them scrub the café toilets in punishment, so hopefully normal service will resume tomorrow.

I did hear that @Tim was a toast expert though and I believe he is up and around, so if you are extra nice to him he might make you a slice.

Take care everyone! Have a great day.
    Inanimate and lilshortcanadian like this.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Bacon butties, choccy digestives, black bullets, jumpers for goalposts, pinics in the park, rule britannia, fish n chips, john motson...........sorry, what was the question again?

Wages?? You mean we get paid for this gig? I am off to lick the toilets clean and await my next punishment from Mistress Fre...... hang on, wrong forum again. Its only Friday damn it.

Its going to rain. My head aches. Did I sleep last night, or was it a just a dream? Cornflakes anyone? o_O

Have a nice day y'all.
  3. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Going for an interview today. It was supposed to be last night after work but the traffic was so bad after work I called and canceled it. So I now am going before work. It seems to be the type of job I could coast to retirement (8 more years if there's money left in SS) without too much stress.But I lose all the benefits that are good now. The guy called me; I haven't even sent in a resume. I'm so conflicted because my job is so slow where I'm at and yet the new job would end the type of career that I have had for 30 years.
    Sorry to take up the cafe with such mundane trivia - I had cereal with blueberries - I love blueberries. Coffee because it the US.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Sorry @Freya forgot to tell me that the Café was opening earlier today. Scrub toilets :mad: I do that at work.

French toast will be available:)
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I didn't do much all day. Just gray and rainy all day, and going to rain all week. Hope I can find something fun to do.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today I went downtown to check out my school's library and have Thai food for lunch. I guess I had a good time. Now I'm watching the women's soccer gold medal game. Missed the first half, but nothing seems to have happened then. This is the only Olympic event I've watched so far this year.