Jim's Cafe - Friday 5th August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Goooooooooood Morning SF!

Bacon and sausage sandwiches this morning!!! I wish anyway. I have a cup of tea though so that is okay.

Breakfast service will be waiting on @NYJmpMaster this morning - I do believe it's his turn at the grill - lets hope he has his frilly apron cleaned and ready to go.

@WildCherry is on cleaning duties - she has definitely been shirking. Time to get this place whipped into some semblance of order.

I also heard that @SinisterKid is being deported to France today after the revocation of his Brit-card for crimes against Tea and a fundamental lack of Britishness so please wish him well.

Happy Friday everyone!!
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Bacon and sausage sandwiches sound awesome, although I would like something on the grill, too. Just about anything is good on the grill. Let's give WildCherry a break and I will clean for a while. I am on a cleaning streak anyhow. :) Sinister, hope you have fun being French! lol.

Today...I have no idea what I am doing today. Probably continuing on my job search. I can't stop reminding myself that I royally screwed up and didn't do the job interview because I panicked. Now I just need to redeem myself and do better than I ever have before. Have a great day everyone!
    DrownedFishOnFire and Freya like this.
  3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Hi all!
    hope that you all have a nice breakfast!

Can we just pretend this week didn't happen? i'm totally ok with that. Although today i attend my first sleep CBT session. I also seen my case manager for a few minutes after the sleep lady (at the same clinic) We arrange a time to met with the disability officer at the uni on monday and she is gonna come with me so it should be good and get me back on track for uni i hope.

I hope that everyone had a good friday!
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

We will be serving a heart healthy diet of Tofu with a spinach leaf garnish today - but it is free to all SF members so enjoy!

Has been a very very busy summer around here and hoping things slow down a little now for the last month of summer. Looking to spend more time around here and get a few projects going that have been on the sidelines for a month or two, as well as doing some late summer projects around the house. Hope all have had a good summer and find a few moments to relax and just "be" in this month.... :)
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  6. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

They tried to send me off too frog land, but I said no, no, no.
    The French refused to take me as they said I was too sinister!
    So they said it was going to be Yorkshire, but I said,
    I dont like cricket, oh no, so they refused to take me as well [plus I dont s**g sheep which they thought preposterous]

So here I am, back in my cave eating dung beetle and burdock pie, drinking my nettle and elderflower tea, laughing to myself at the futility of those trying to be rid of me.

Seriously, have a pleasant day folks, take care and stay safe as always. And if anyone has any chocolate digestives, I am in great need of a fix.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

French toast sticks for me I gotta scrub up throw together a battle gear and saddle the Jabberwocky for the ride into town for the sticks I need in my quest.

Good Day to all.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  8. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Crap time at the moment, had yet another pointless time at the art group no barely spoke to and felt so bored just colouring on my own, made a big effort to speak to people however no one really bothered speaking to me. Then me and G yet another row of text message on whats app simply because he had other plans and didn't recall saying i was busy and i obviously couldn't see him. Felt rather pissed off as yet again my only reason to go to the poxy colouring group was to see G. But at least one thing i didn't eat and sandwich for the third time running this week. Feeling really great about that. Up yours fatty sandwiches.

Then today I had my job interview and it went really well, feeling relieved that another job seeking interview is now off and thank god i couldn't turn up the poxy job seeking group. It's too depressing why would want to turn up a group that's depressing when i already have depression.

Anyway I am now feeling relieved that I am home, not facing the outside world (daily life) until tomorrow and thats if I can be assed. right now I am too depressed to function.
  9. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today was my orientation for school. Things like that tend to make me feel profoundly lonely. I don't always mix easily with others... not that I don't like people, I'm just too nervous to start a conversation. I didn't really get to know any of my fellow incoming students. The only people I really talked to were already students. On the plus side, I got my student ID card, so now I can contact the lady about the room if it's still available. Unfortunately, though, I'm not sure if the bus that comes right near my motel runs on the weekends, so I might have to walk a lot farther if I want to take a bus into the city to talk to her in the next couple of days.

I'm downtown after having recently gotten out of my orientation. I'm going to take the bus back, but I don't think it comes for a bit, so I'm staying inside the air-conditioned mall a while longer.
  10. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Bit of a weird one today, !eft my bus card on a bench and half an hour later when trying to board a bus and not having the card on me I checked where I had been involved using the mobile and there was the card safe and sound. Did the laundry and for the weekend and looks to be a brighter and warmer day tomorrow.
    Petal likes this.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This day last year I went to London on holiday, another is overdue!!!!!!
    Hope you all had a fab day <3 keep the faith :)
    I've just ordered a beef szechuan and fries yummm
  12. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Petal You deserve a holiday. That sounds like a yummy dinner.

Sitting in Starbucks, drinking a Frappucino. Yikes this AC is cold.