Jim's Cafe - Friday 9th September

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Happy Friday People!!!

Today's breakfast special is bacon butties - just had mine and it was definitely a better start to the day than yesterday's apple! (though admittedly not as healthy).

Already managed to screw up everything I have touched this morning so hopefully I don't break the café! Eeeek.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
    calvinandhobbs likes this.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone! Mmmm, breakfast. But @Freya, what the heck are bacon butties? (Not to worry, bacon anything will be good, so I will have mine please.) There's nothing screwed up here in the Café, sweetie., Not to worry. (Now the the rest of the day will go well!)

I'm out to do groceries and then to volunteer at the bingo today. It's still HOT here. Wednesday felt like 109°F (with the humidity), and yesterday only felt like 105°F. Today we'll get to about 91°F which is a pleasant relief! Late start to summer this year, so seems to be JulyAugust weather now, in September. Looking forward to a wee bit cooler, which is supposed to be coming next week. :)

Wishing everyone a happy Friday and a good weekend!
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

mmm I'd love a bacon butty right now, yummmmy.

I'm anxious as hell today, I need to calm the hell down and chill. Worrying about stupid, stupid f'ing things.

Think I am going to go into the city to distract myself from these thoughts but its miserable outside, windy and rainy and just yeah miserable.

Got my prescription a while ago, going out every day for me is a must. I just have to do it, I could never waste another half a decade staying indoors.

Hope you all have a lovely day :)
  4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

@Acy a buttie is Yorkshire slang for a sandwich.

Maaaaaan I want to go home. The weekend is not rocking round fast enough at all!
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning everyone. Yum bacon :)

I have work later today.

Hoping to check out the night market sometime this weekend.
  6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Just writing in my private journal and realizing I am planning for a future. It used to be that I planned for a year in advance figuring I would be dead then by suicide. But now I am planning for 5 years and beyond. The meds must be working!

Going to visit my daughter after financial planning for retirement. That's what kicked off my revelation. Then tomorrow it's off to the beach for another weekend.
    Life is good for me right now. (Tomorrow, next week, might be a different story :) )
    Freya and calvinandhobbs like this.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Laying in bed wondering what stuff to get rid of as wanted to get rid of furniture to put in a hammock
  8. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I need you all today. Thank you for s smile, and in case anyone needs a hug... (( ))
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Freya - Yay for bacon butties! YUM! :)
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Went to a sporting goods store to buy some athletic shorts and cleats. They didn't have rugby cleats, but my teammate told me soccer cleats were okay. I was really lucky in that my feet are small enough to fit in kids' cleats, so mine were pretty cheap. I tried to go to practice after buying my supplies (and quickly shoving a burger in my face), but the traffic was horrible and I spent pretty much the whole time on the bus instead. I could have planned better, but I overslept this morning. Now I'm ready though. I have what I need and know where to go so hopefully I'll be on track with practices next week. Thankfully no one seems annoyed at me.
  11. calvinandhobbs

And what about a place to live?
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Things are still hectic here. The VA is giving us the run around. They said they would pay for everything, but they keep changing their story. And the hospital wanted to move my grandfather's body ASAP because they said there are too many bodies there. No one will sign the death certificate either. This is just really troublesome.
  13. calvinandhobbs

I'm so sorry :(
  14. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My friend found me some leads that I have to look closer at soon. And my counselor is still working on it.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Ask to speak with the hospital patient relations department. Am sorry your going through this. Totally is unacceptable.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.