Jim's Cafe, Friday, Dec. 6, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Tysm for the tags @Lane @pooky :) Yay glad there is a cafe for today, hasn't been one since the 1st or 2nd I think :p

Doing anything this weekend or just chillin at home? Don't have much planned no, still sick so prob. best to just rest & hope I will be better soon.

1) Do you have any tattoos? If no, what would you get? No I don't have any, if I did get one or some they would prob. be to do with Star Wars cos I absolutely will never stop loving those movies (the original 3 that is) :) ❤ ❤

2) What talent do you have? What talent do you wish you had? (E.g. playing the drums) None really unless being able to use the computer & type counts, I guess I'm pretty boring & unimpressive but I think anyone who had even half the amount of fear I've had for pretty much my whole life would be the same. Talents I wish I had were to be an incredible singer, actress, dancer and where I could play all instruments cos that would all be very impressive imo. Def. don't have the patience to do most of those things though.

3) What's your least favorite chore? Doing the dishes.
I am in awe of people that are tech knowledged, I consider that a strong talent. hope you feel better very soon. :)

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Off today (only day this week... working a sixer)...cleaned the apartment s bit and did some laundry..now having a few beers an listening to classical music. .

1) Do you have any tattoos? If no, what would you get?

Nope ..thought about getting the egg/c-clamp (my avatar, basically) on my upper arm, but decided it is too much money for a somewhat frivolous expense..

2) What talent do you have? What talent do you wish you had? (E.g. playing the drums)

I'm a classically trained actor and have performed roles in a number of professional Shakespeare productions..

I'd love to learn how to draw/paint

3) What's your least favorite chore?

Cleaning the frickin' cat box. . 🐈

When I was a homeowner, it was raking the leaves. ..🍂🍁

LonelyHiker

SF Supporter
Thanks sunspots...I studied theater at a conservatory and got an MFA, foolishly thinking I'd be able to make a living in the theater ...lol.

I've made a little money, even briefly made a living at it touring with a children's theater (though I was poor as dirt and living on ramen and bottled water).

Chronic depression doesn't help either.. but I still try to stay at least peripherally involved..

cymbele

SF Supporter
Busy weekend for me. Me, the lonely one, is complaining about being busy and having to deal with people.

1) Do you have any tattoos? If no, what would you get? No tattoos; thought I'd get one for my 60th bday (next year) but don't have a motif.
2) What talent do you have? What talent do you wish you had? I don't think I have any talent; I wish I could sing well but my voice sucks.
3) What's your least favorite chore? It's a tie between raking and vacuuming in my house of rugs.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Off today (only day this week... working a sixer)...cleaned the apartment s bit and did some laundry..now having a few beers an listening to classical music. .

Nope ..thought about getting the egg/c-clamp (my avatar, basically) on my upper arm, but decided it is too much money for a somewhat frivolous expense..

2) What talent do you have? What talent do you wish you had? (E.g. playing the drums)

I'm a classically trained actor and have performed roles in a number of professional Shakespeare productions..

One of my 2 go to's is classical....have it on now also.....
how wonderful.... live Shakespeare....any favorite role of the ones you performed?

kat319

SF Supporter
1) Do you have any tattoos? If no, what would you get? Yes, and I am thinking about getting another one -- a lion's head. In fact, I talked about how the lion has become a very significant symbol in my life in therapy this week. I keep a picture on my desk and I have one on my phone. Every time I look at the lion I am reminded that I have the courage and the strength to face another day.

2) What talent do you have? What talent do you wish you had? (E.g. playing the drums) I am a poet. I would love to be a great pianist.

3) What's your least favorite chore? Cleaning bathrooms.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I don't have any plans for the weekend, not too keen on going outside in this weather.

I don't have any, but I'm not sure. I had an idea of a phoenix rising up around my heart area, maybe a butterfly or something else too.

I write and sing but not sure if I'm that great at either. I wish I could play multiple instruments.

Cleaning the toilet and taking the hair out of the shower drain.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
My only plan I know of for the weekend is going to the pub to watch the Spurs match.
I have a Capitals logo tattoo and I want at least one more tattoo, something related to Spurs.
I can play a few instruments and used to be pretty good at it. The talent I wish I had is playing ice hockey. I can't even skate.
My least favorite chore is probably mopping the floor because I'm bad at it.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter

Acting, that's great @LonelyHiker.

With you on the cat boxes. And my leaves are just from my neighbors trees, I get what my mother complained about all those years..different house though.

Have a great day.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Nice cafe @Lane, and thanks for the tag @pooky!

I have 2 tattoos. A rose on my upper arm that I got right after I turned 18 and could. And one I got a year ago on my back, that is more personal to me, so I can't describe it for anonymity. If anyone I actually know is curious you can ask.
I would totally get more. Not a lot. But I would really like something from The Little Prince at some point. And I've seen a lot of really pretty artsy ones.

Talents? Well, my 'what are you doing this weekend' is entirely chorus. So I'll say I can sing. Though I think everyone hears this and imagines I sing very well. I don't have an amazing voice or anything, but I am good at singing in a chorus - like keeping my part and matching pitch and those kind of things. We have 3 concerts this weekend.

Haha, my least favorite chore is any kind of cleaning. Bathroom, dishes, floors, dusting. *hiding
Have fun at your concerts @sinking_ship *stars

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) I don't have any tats. Just missed that generation. I'd get different animals that I like all over my body so it looked balanced.

2) tap dancing, ha. Race car driving. Does being multi-lingual count?

3) paying bills of course, but even that I try to be grateful that I have the $ to cover it. Then, cat boxes, bathroom, mowing lawn ( ugh, making me tired just talking about it *help) maybe not such a great question, sorry 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
I feel like I have to correct myself here, these are things I wish I knew how to do on question #2.

LonelyHiker

SF Supporter
Acting, that's great @LonelyHiker.

With you on the cat boxes. And my leaves are just from my neighbors trees, I get what my mother complained about all those years..different house though.

Have a great day.
When I lived in Atlanta, I had an awesome indoor/outdoor cat, I let him out in the morning when I went to work, and he'd be hanging out with my next door neighbors' kids when I got home...it was bliss having no catbox to mess with for four years!

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
When I lived in Atlanta, I had an awesome indoor/outdoor cat, I let him out in the morning when I went to work, and he'd be hanging out with my next door neighbors' kids when I got home...it was bliss having no catbox to mess with for four years!
Aww, he or she sounds like a very sociable guy. Right now my part Maine Coon does his business outside so I'm grateful for that, although I do have 2 boxes for both cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00