Jim's Cafe - Halloween Weekend

ShecalledmeJ

*brohug@cymbele thanks for the tag and for opening the cafe!
I love Halloween! it sounds like an amazing and fun holiday!
unfortunately in my country, we do not celebrate Halloween but despite that, every year my mom buys a pumpkin and curves out figures, and puts candles inside!*shh
I hope everyone will have amazing, fun, and full of GOOD surprising events!*stars*grouphug2! *bounce
Same thing here, I only know Halloween from movies, seems like such a fun holiday, I hope to be able to experience it someday

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @JMG.
We'll see what this year brings as far as kids coming around. It was quiet the last couple of years. And the kids that were on this street have all grown and have kids of their own. I buy a couple of bags of candy just in case...stuff I don't like so I won't chance getting into it, Lol.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Good day all! It's been a while since anyone opened up a new cafe and since it is the most exciting weekend because of Halloween - I couldn't let it go so I got the keys!

View attachment 48711

I already ate some candy I am supposed to hand out. I will have approximately 300 kids come to the door! And they keep coming after I run out and shut off the light!I have mostly chocolate but enough lollipops and taffy to give out.

Since Halloween questions have been posed the only question is what are YOU doing this weekend. I am laying low and babysitting my grandson so his parents can go to a party.

Please help tag:

@Auri @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @KM76710 @Dante @GodIsWithMe @AFlower @ellierose @1964dodge

Maybe someone can propose a Halloween themed question.
Hi @cymbele , thank you for opening the Halloween Café! *hug *stars I'm essentially resting this weekend, as I've just come back from a 15-hour-long road trip abroad. Nah, I'm not actually tired, I slept in the car a lot, but no special plans.

1) Do you go out trick or treating? (If you are a parent, you may go with your kids for example)
2) How many trick or treaters do you usually get?
3) Do you have any Halloween traditions? A party? Certain music you always listen to? A Halloween film? A specific halloween film? Hide inside from the madness?
4) Best Halloween Story.
Thanks for the questions. ^^

1) No. As a kid I've always wanted to with my cousin, but we were both too shy to go and no parent wanted to join us. :P

2) Usually none, but one or two did come in the past. I wish they came. ^^

3) No, I generally even forget it's Halloween. Sometimes I go for a walk in the cemetery on the 1st of November (All Saints' Day). I went to a Halloween party once when I lived in Sweden, I was supposed to be a zombie Black Canary, lol.

In my country dressing up in costumes is more of a Carnival thing (mostly for kids), in February. It's actually quite a big celebration.

4) Well, that party in Sweden and doing my friends' Halloween make up were really fun. However, I ended up in a car driven by a drunk person, so that wasn't my best moment.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @cymbele , thank you for opening the Halloween Café! *hug*stars I'm essentially resting this weekend, as I've just come back from a 15-hour-long road trip abroad. Nah, I'm not actually tired, I slept in the car a lot, but no special plans.

Thanks for the questions. ^^

1) No. As a kid I've always wanted to with my cousin, but we were both too shy to go and no parent wanted to join us. :P

2) Usually none, but one or two did come in the past. I wish they came. ^^

3) No, I generally even forget it's Halloween. Sometimes I go for a walk in the cemetery on the 1st of November (All Saints' Day). I went to a Halloween party once when I lived in Sweden, I was supposed to be a zombie Black Canary, lol.

In my country dressing up in costumes is more of a Carnival thing (mostly for kids), in February. It's actually quite a big celebration.

4) Well, that party in Sweden and doing my friends' Halloween make up were really fun. However, I ended up in a car driven by a drunk person, so that wasn't my best moment.

Happy Halloween everyone!
As a 5yo, my iconic Carnival costume was a Minnie costume. See here. :P

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
1) Do you go out trick or treating?
Nope

Preferably as few as possible. Although I do like to be prepared by keeping a bucket of grenades close to hand for such eventualities.

3) Do you have any Halloween traditions? A party? Certain music you always listen to? A Halloween film? A specific halloween film? Hide inside from the madness?
Keep my head down, swerve the madness as much as I can, then wander through the carnage afterwards, looking for opportunities to sow my own form of chaos. *halo

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I have been lazy all this weekend, slept late this morning and took a nap in the afternoon, but I was up and outside last night a fair amount of time doing a bit of stargazing. It is quite fun on clear nights with the cool, crisp clear air to see what I can find out there and hope that a ship from my home planet will make contact. :)

1) Do you go out trick or treating? (If you are a parent, you may go with your kids for example)

Been forever for me to go out, but I admit to being lazy.

Typically none but there are so few kids in the area. Then you add in how the old farts living in this area are so often in bed early.

Hide inside without the madness since here is such a quiet community that most would consider it boring while I find it restful and peaceful. Sometimes I will pick out some films but it just depends.

4) Best Halloween Story.

None that I can really think of from back in the past.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG
Nothing special this weekend. Yesterday I watched Spurs then went for a walk, 30mins or so each way, to get Puerto Rican food.
Today I might go get a coffee then maybe watch some Twitch. Idk.

1) Do you go out trick or treating? (If you are a parent, you may go with your kids for example) Haven't had an excuse to go since growing out of it myself.
2) How many trick or treaters do you usually get? Usually none, though we are in a new house this year. But idk if we've prepared anything for the day and we might just stay inside with our porch lights off. I personally didn't do any planning for trick or treaters.
3) Do you have any Halloween traditions? A party? Certain music you always listen to? A Halloween film? A specific halloween film? Hide inside from the madness? I usually stay in my room and eat some candy. Like a box of Dots gumdrops or something.

Last edited:

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Thanks to @JMG for the mention..

I am spending the weekend with my son. He's actually been with me all week, as his mom was out of town. We carved a pumpkin and watched a few movies. Other than that, pretty humdrum weekend.

1. I had planned on taking him out tonight for the final time this year (he's 13), but decided to take him back to his mom's for a neighborhood Halloween party instead.

2. I live in a 2nd floor apartment, so none.

3. Creepy films, and more creepy films, lol... John Carpenter's Halloween (1978) and Tobe Hooper's vampire classic 'Salem's Lot (1979) are obligatory viewing.

This year I am going out tonight to the Byrd (a classic 20s movie palace that I live around the corner from) to see Night of the Living Dead (1968) on the big screen for the first time.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween 🎃

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening @cymbele and for the tag @JMG...

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend...now to the questions...

No way way toooo old and alas no kids

We get none as live in 55 community alas...miss it will admit

No none really. When lived in places with kids...did carve a pumpkin and get candy... now was a decorated golf cart parade...admit some people are inventive in their decorations.

4) Best Halloween Story.
Can't think of one alas...

tagging @Bergerac @nobodyknows71 @BlueGreen @may71 @Citizen Insane @Lady Wolfshead @Rockclimbinggirl @FlamingoWrangler @mpk

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
gmgmgm all. and thanks for the alert @JMG Halloween is my favorite holiday!!! and of course, thanks for this Café @cymbele
Maybe someone can propose a Halloween themed question
ah, a question! What is your favorite Halloween candy? I have a few: circus peanuts, smarties, tootsie rolls. there are more and probably just as fav, but if i can’t remember, what does that mean?
🤔

and here is another special halloween question…
how does everyone handle trick or treating in an apartment building when the elevator is broken? 😱😭

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
ahh, here are some nice questions…

4) Best Halloween Story.
1…nope nope don’t i have self sufficient kids at this point…
2…none last year, a handfull the year before. and we’ll see this year but i don’t expect many.
3…the key word here is HAVE. really, now its had. and the traditions are from my childhood. we’d make a fire in the fireplace. my mother would sing halloween songs, we’d make popcorn and roast marshmallows, i’d eat up all the circus peanuts, and one year… it did not become a tradition but we set up such a scary treat dispensing station that it scared away even the bravest of trick or treaters.
4…well, i guess the only best story is in #3 above…
🤗

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Aiiiyy thank you for tagging me! @JMG ! 🤗
💜🖤💜🖤

Halloween is great because I dont get critical looks from people from dressing my normal witchy/gothy self. Nothing outlandish. Cool spooky stuff in stores is a plus. Love this holiday! 🖤👁☠️

No kids.. and I'm too old. Plus I work.

At my old place.. No not really. Maybe like..5

Work... Pumpkin pie though! And a froufrou pumpkin spice coffeee 🍊 <--- thats a pumpkin just pretend.. Shh..

4) Best Halloween Story?
No... Pretty bare bones every holiday. No family. No close friends.. No stories..

FFurry

SF Supporter
Thanks @cymbele and @JMG !

Not really... I'm a little old for that. :)

0. Usually I'm not home then.

Nope. :(

4) Best Halloween Story.
The highlight of my weekend was turning the clock back an hour. How often does Halloween coincide with fall-back day, anyway? Seems like a momentous occasion of sorts. :D

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening and the tag @cymbele and @JMG . Cool and fun topic!

1) I don't go out, but I used to take the kids out when they were little.

2) my house now only a handful of trick or treaters. But my old house we'd get at least 100.

3) I decorate outside a bit and inside. I used to set-up candles outside and sit and wait for the trick or treaters. Good times.

4) Best Halloween Story

Well more like memory. Every year I'd have a Halloween/birthday party for my son. The kids looked so forward to it every year. One year they jumped out and scared people and cars driving by. Screenshot_20211101-061555.jpg

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00