Jim's Cafe July 1st, Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I haven't opened one of these in forever, and didn't see one up already, so figured why the hell not. ;)

1. Name something meaningful or important that's happened to you in the last week -- good or bad.

2. If you take any kind of psychiatric medications, are they helping? Do you think that your depressive state (not anxiety, but rather negative or unstable moods, specifically) can be helped by medication? If not, why not?

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happines from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.)

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemimgly nonsensical.

Now for some lighter questions...

5. Would you ever want to travel to outer space in an actual rocket?

6. What is the last thing you bought?

7. What is the next thing you're most likely going to buy?

8. Have you ever tried putting ice cream into hot coffee?

9. What is something you think you are good at? What do others think you are good at?

10. What is the last compliment you received from someone (online or RL)?

11. Are you making any 4th of July food this weekend? If so, what?

12. Take exactly 5 seconds to think about this question, and no more: What is the main thing you want right now?

13. How do you feel right at this moment in exactly five words -- but don't just list five different adjectives, make it a full sentence. (i.e. I feel like I'm hungry.)

14. What type of school or office supplies do you think are a must-have for students and/or white-collar workers to stay organized? List no more than 5.

15. If a stranger walked up to you and said, "You seem upset. What happened and is there anything I can do?" What would you say?

Last edited:

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
BONUS QUESTION:

Favorite food or what do you eat most often? Chinese, Japanese, American, Thai, Indian, Mexican or Spanish, Italian (this includes pizza), European, Russian, etc.
I definitely eat Chinese quite a lot. My favourite Chinese dish would be chef's special duck, you cannot beat it, damn it's addictive and dip the prawn crackers in too, yummmmy. I usually just have it with fries.

If I was to have an Indian it would be Chicken Jalfrezi but there's no Indian restaurant in my town so that's rare. G.O.C bread is awesome to have with it. (Garlic, Onion, Coriander) with it.

ShyGuy

1. umm a lot of things came to mind but I can't say the ones I thought of cuz of cyberstalkers. My friends say I shouldn't say my feelings and thoughts much cuz of the cyberstalkers. But yeah a lot of-- um I can't say cuz of the cyberstalkers. *thinks...* I guess one meaningful impactful thing is that there's been sales on video games and some other things. I don't buy video games often though (a hater wrote about me that I "spend all of my walfare money on video games and fanart" but that isn't true!)

2. I'm seeing a psychiatrist soon so I look forward to that. I wanted to see a doctor to get anti-anxiety medicine but my doctor left and I never got a new one yet so I haven't had a doctor for like a month now but idk how to find a good doctor.

3. Video games and anime. At the same time it also makes me lonely playing games and watching anime because I don't have friends to chat about them with and it strongly makes me think that maybe my old friends are talking about games and anime without me and I miss them..

4. "AAaaaaAAaaaaAAAAaaaAAahhhhuuuu!!! I need help more than life itself cuz someone said I'm obsessed with the person that said they are my internet sensei in 2015 when literally every day I keep mentioning Sensei saying I wish I knew how to let Sensei know that I am NOT obsessed with them and their girlfriend said that unlike me, they actually love and care about them!! while yelling at me in caps and I felt bad so I need to prove that I DO love and care about Sensei and I do leave Sensei alone and I wish I knew how to fix things aaaaah" (I didn't wanna say that exactly in case its too offtopic or something but that's all that my mind is saying)

5. I think about it sometimes but I wouldn't. not unless there was an internet connection and a way to make gaming videos while doing outer space stuff. Space is cool but I don't think I could handle being in space for like 3 and a half years with no internet or TV or video games.

6. I can't say what I last bought cuz of cyberstalkers sadly. But it =/ once again was something that immediately after I finally got it, I saw a huge gigantic sale on the product, and now I have to figure out how to return what I just bought so that I can buy it for cheaper..

7. I wanna buy something related to my productivity. I wanna buy a VRchat avatar but those are really expensive for someone to make an original avatar for ya.

8. nope. I very often have rootbeer floats though.

9. I wanna say drawing, but people online made fun of me a lot for my art and it made me stop drawing much.. I liked making games but my toxic-ex-friend would always put me down, saying he could make my games in less than a day and saying they're not funny and stuff like that.

10. Someone online said they like being friends with me.

11. idk yet ^^; maybe I'll have steak then!

12. I want Senpai to end it all.

13. I feel confused and tired.

14. binders, pencils, pens, sticky notes, a digital device (to write notes on.)

15. I would say YES I need help more than life itself!!! There is something that you can do.. SOMEONE thinks I'm obsessed with them and claims that I won't stop leaving them alone and that they want me and my friends to stop contacting them and they claim that I am obsessed with them. PLEASE contact this person and tell them that I AM NOT obsessed with them and I DO respect their boundaries and I have NO desire to contact them at all and that my ex-toxic-friend is wrong and that I DO NOT WANT to be their friend at ALL. Also, I REALLY REALLY wish I could be their friend and I would looooove to be friends with them!!

And their gf said unlike me, they love and care about them; and they (sensei's gf) kept yelling at me in caps. So I NEED to prove to Sensei that I DO care about them and love them, cuz I feel bad when people yell at me and I wanna fix things so that their gf will apologize to me (it's ok if they don't, but I mean I feel bad when people yell at me and I wanna correct myself for them) for yelling at me in caps and for writing to me that they wish that I and my toxic-ex-friend were dead. Please contact my sensei that says to NEVER EVER have me or any of my friends ever contact them ever again, and tell them that I DO NOT WANT TO CONTACT THEM so stop implying that I would and please stop thinking I am obsessed with them, I think about them every single day and I can't stop and it keeps getting worst and I already told them I've been getting really weird thoughts about them and it'd be easier to move on and talk to psychologists and get over Senpai if they JUST ended it all. Please contact Sensei and tell them that me and their friends DO NOT want to contact them!! and.. that I.. anyways.. blah..

Bonus question. I like Italian food a lot!! and I like hamburgers and steak and chicken.

Last edited:

Bbear82

1. Being able to reach out to my friend for help and they took the time to talk me down.

2. yes I take meds and I think to a point they help but not just meds alone counseling and the will to fight to get better

3. Mystery shows coloring and music

4.I’m really tired but can’t sleep so why try just get up

5. no way in heck

6.pepsi

7. Coffee

8.yes I have

9. I’m good at listening and empathize with others, so I’ve been told

10. that I’m a good mom

11. no not cooking anything getting KFC

12. to be worthy of being cared for

13.i am feeling very exhausted

14. Not sure

15. I’m fine thanks though
Bonus- quesadillas

thanks @BlackOpium for the tag

Hello *stars

1. Name something meaningful or important that's happened to you in the last week -- good or bad.

Had a piece of writing published on Mar Covid Diaries, not written for public viewing for several years.

2. If you take any kind of psychiatric medications, are they helping? Do you think that your depressive state (not anxiety, but rather negative or unstable moods, specifically) can be helped by medication? If not, why not?

Quetiapine, early days but dose is too low and no MH support means can't get it increased!

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happines from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.)

Music, reliving happier times through music especially if live concerts I've seen.

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemimgly nonsensical.

Loneliness.

Yes, but only if I can stay there.

A pair of trousers, chocolate and diet coke.

Tomorrow, a car parking ticket for the multi-storey car park.

No

9. What is something you think you are good at? What do others think you are good at?

Me: Writing. Others: Caring for others.

I actually don't remember.

I'm British!

12. Take exactly 5 seconds to think about this question, and no more: What is the main thing you want right now?

A move house to somewhere quiet.

13. How do you feel right at this moment in exactly five words -- but don't just list five different adjectives, make it a full sentence. (i.e. I feel like I'm hungry.)

I want pizza right now!

14. What type of school or office supplies do you think are a must-have for students and/or white-collar workers to stay organized? List no more than 5.

Labels, stapler, folders, boxes and Sharpie pens.

15. If a stranger walked up to you and said, "You seem upset. What happened and is there anything I can do?" What would you say?

I'd probably tell them someone died.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Aurelia

I had a nice long phone call with a friend yesterday to catch up.

Yes, I think my antidepressants are helping. I don't think they can 'fix' or 'cure' anything, but they help the lows be less low so I can get a handle on what I need to to help myself.

Definitely food, haha. Lately most other options are off the table. But I bought a Switch Lite so I've got games as a fun distraction.

Mostly just thinking I should start working soon...

Yes! I would love to. Probably not to go far, but just to go to space and orbit the earth for a bit would be incredible.

Groceries yesterday. Super exciting, haha. Uh, a bridesmaid dress on Monday.

I need to get my sister a birthday present soon.

No, but I think that's a real drink! I forget the name.

I am good at...thinking negative things about myself, ha. Um, really though, I am generally good at like puzzles and math, logical thinking type stuff. I'm also often the mediator between friends/family, like I'm pretty good at stepping back and listening to what someone is really saying.
Other people? I don't know what they would say. Something generic about me being nice or smart or something, I dunno.

The one that comes to mind is a friend thanking me last week for being there for them.

I don't know. The holiday doesn't feel very festive, haha. We don't have a grill or anything, but maybe we'll make burgers.

More sleep.

I have an annoying headache.

Haha, I think you're crowdsourcing your shopping list here T.
Notebooks, pens, post-its, printer, the good clippy things for paper (like these)

Huh, I'm not sure. I think more than likely I would shrug it off. Like just look at them weird and say I'm fine and get away quickly.

BONUS QUESTION:

Favorite food or what do you eat most often? Chinese, Japanese, American, Thai, Indian, Mexican or Spanish, Italian (this includes pizza), European, Russian, etc.

I probably eat Mexican most often. I mean I live in SoCal.
Favorite is harder. Pizza or Thai maybe.
@Aurelia what's good Russian food?

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I got a consult set up with a trans-affirming doctor for the hysterectomy I've been wanting.
They're helping some with moods in particular, but I don't think they'll go away 100%.
Definitely food. Watching Youtube. My favorite teams winning.
I want a quesadilla (thanks to @Bbear82 ). My stomach hurts.

Maybe. I might be too scared to.
Food. (A pork belly bowl that came with miso soup, plus got some milk with brown sugar boba)
Probably snacks from the convenience store.
Never. But I would try that if I got the chance some time.
I think I'm good at writing, and others tend to agree.
I don't remember
Probably not.
To see a close friend and get to hang out with them.
I feel a little unsatisfied.
idk.
I'd probably tell them I'm fine even if I wasn't, just to avoid being a burden.

BONUS QUESTION:

My favorite is Japanese or Vietnamese. IDK what I eat the most.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Liverpool winning the Premier League, therefore ending a 30yr wait.

N/A

Music, it's something which I can just drift away on at times.

Boredom
Frustration
Lack of direction

No I prefer boat. More leg space

Bottle of lager

Bottle opener

Certainly not

Being funny maybe? As for what others think I'm good at, best to ask them.

Can't recall, I might have to check my diary see if there's anything in there

N/A I'm British dude!!

Haircut and massage

Not too bad, thank you

phone, pens, ciggies, lighters, chewing gum.

I wouldn't say anything, I'd just cross the road and walk away from them

BONUS QUESTION:

That depends on what mood I'm in as they're all good.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1. Name something meaningful or important that's happened to you in the last week -- good or bad. Nothing in the least pretty boring week.

2. If you take any kind of psychiatric medications, are they helping? Do you think that your depressive state (not anxiety, but rather negative or unstable moods, specifically) can be helped by medication? If not, why not? None

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happines from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.). Astronomy, reading, playing the guitar, languages.

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemimgly nonsensical. Me and my brain have a truce, like Homer Simpson, we ignore each other. I don't both it, it doesn't bother me. :)

5. Would you ever want to travel to outer space in an actual rocket? I think it would be fun.

6. What is the last thing you bought? Stamps at the post office.

7. What is the next thing you're most likely going to buy? Groceries next week with the 2 week store run.

8. Have you ever tried putting ice cream into hot coffee? I haven't but I don't drink coffee.

9. What is something you think you are good at? What do others think you are good at? Being a pain in the ass. others agree. LOL

10. What is the last compliment you received from someone (online or RL)? That I am not as the fool I pretend to be, crazy like a fox.

11. Are you making any 4th of July food this weekend? If so, what? Probably BBQ.

12. Take exactly 5 seconds to think about this question, and no more: What is the main thing you want right now? Sleep.

13. How do you feel right at this moment in exactly five words -- but don't just list five different adjectives, make it a full sentence. (i.e. I feel like I'm hungry.) Feels like I spin my wheels in life.

14. What type of school or office supplies do you think are a must-have for students and/or white-collar workers to stay organized? List no more than 5. Pencils, pens, slide rule, note pads/paper, old style binders.

15. If a stranger walked up to you and said, "You seem upset. What happened and is there anything I can do?" What would you say? I am fine, thanks for asking.

Favorite food or what do you eat most often? Chinese, Japanese, American, Thai, Indian, Mexican or Spanish, Italian (this includes pizza), European, Russian, etc. Fried foods and then probably hamburgers, quick and easy to make and hard to mess up a burger.

GFS

I can't recall anything. My life is pretty uneventful.

No and no. Because I don't think there is any need for medication in the first place.

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happiness from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.)

Anything that can distract me. A small chat, a movie, an adult movie, anything.

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemingly nonsensical.

If I could afford not to go to work it would be great.

Meh.

Cat food for my cat.

Food.

I can't say I have.

At procrastinating. At procrastinating.

Can't recall. I'm not very social and I don't get complimented a lot IRL. Even if they do most of the time it's just them being nice.

I'm not an American.

10 million dollars.

I don't really know. Meh?

I don't know and don't care. I've finished school long time ago.

Sure, if you'd mind your own business it would be great.

BONUS QUESTION:

Italian.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ty for the tag @Aurelia & for opening the cafe, not sure whether this will ever even be read & if it is if it will mean anything or not but just gonna say it anyway that I'm glad you opened the cafe today & I think these seem like great & fun q's :)
Tagging @Kiwi2016 @foreverforgotten @Cynic Goat

Had my 3rd appt on Monday and got started with giving CBT another try. Done the things she said I should do every day since & they do seem to be quite powerful. I hope over time that they'll become easier, everyone says they do so I hope they are right, trying to stay hopeful & positive about all of it anyway.

Yes I do I've been on the same one for over a decade now & I absolutely believe those kinds of problems can be helped by medication cos it has been the case for me.

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happiness from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.)

Anytime I eat chocolate, escapism which for me is mostly either through watching a movie or show I like or playing a game. Have tried to make that have more of a social aspect to it but clearly need to try something else with that I guess. Whatever.

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemingly nonsensical.

I really wish he wouldn't have said that to me all it did was upset the heck outta me why did he have to say that anyway I don't understand what even makes them care so much I don't want to have to deal with that stuff and don't want them all to keep pushing me so much to do those things I don't feel ready for them & probably never will if they can't understand why that's the case then I can't burden myself with worrying about that. God I wish I could eat some chocolate right now it would really help a lot :(

No I'd be way too freaked out. I'm a curious person about a lot of things but the idea of going into space just scares the heck outta me.

Groceries I think, can't remember what exactly but I do know it involved chocolate lol.

More groceries probably lol.

No but I don't drink coffee anyway. My mom does that though.

Creating things I guess, maybe being patient sometimes with certain kinds of things as well. As for others I dunno I think most people have a hard time thinking of anything they think I'm very good at & I can't say I really blame them for that.

That I deserved happiness

N/A

To be happy, peaceful & relaxed.

Wanting to be more positive

Pens, paper, binder, dividers and a planner I guess.

I'd probably say they are nice to notice & care but since I don't really know them then I'm not sure what to say. Then see how they respond to that. If they still seemed like they wanted to know what was going on then perhaps I'd let them know a bit about it. I'd be pretty shocked though since that doesn't generally seem to be a thing people do.

BONUS QUESTION:

I love most of those kinds of foods, one of my faves is Chinese but I don't eat it very often cos wouldn't be able to afford to do that, esp. right now with trying so hard to save as much as I can for next year. Also I really need to lose a lot of weight and eating that kind of food would not help me do that (would be the opposite probably).

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
So many questions... Not that I mind. :)

I saw my (cousin's) puppy the previous Sunday (stretched week...).

Not anymore, but yes, they do/did help while I was on them.

Music. Friends. Books.

I should talk less. I shouldn't. No, it's definitely better to shut up.

Yes, when it's safe enough to come back (probability-wise).

Black jeans, or a book, I can't remember which was the last. (Apart from food)

Probably a book. lol

No, but it sounds like something I should do.

I think I'm good at... hiding.
Others think I'm good at maths.

That my English is really good.

Like any other day, perhaps I will, perhaps I won't... 21st is our Day, but my answer doesn't change for it.

Peace. Simplicity. Concerts.

I want to list adjectives.

Some form of lists, notebooks with spirals so you can remove/change the order of pages, a few of your favourite coloured pens, (mechanical) pencils. Combine practical with "I love using this".

I'm fine, but thank you, it's kind of you.

Bonus : Favorite food or what do you eat most often? Chinese, Japanese, American, Thai, Indian, Mexican or Spanish, Italian (this includes pizza), European, Russian, etc.
All of these.

Last edited:

Ixtab

A crazy person I know who hits women hit a dude the other day (sucker punch from behind in business setting) and finally got beat up and his hand bones broken. Karma dude,

Yes I have psychosis problems and I’m on Invega last month or two and much less scared and reacting less

I smoke weed, it helps me be calm and normal enough to fit in with others.

There is lightning, what does it feel like to be struck?

no

Cell phone data

A car

Not me personally but I had a booze one of those at a restaurant when I used to drink

snowboarding

I’m a loyal friend

no I forgot about it

freedom

my mosquito bites itch much

Idk that stuff is not my bag. I guess one of those pocket notebooks or sticky pads.

Back off cop I didn’t do anything!

kat319

SF Supporter
1. Name something meaningful or important that's happened to you in the last week -- good or bad. I paid off a credit card!

2. If you take any kind of psychiatric medications, are they helping? Do you think that your depressive state (not anxiety, but rather negative or unstable moods, specifically) can be helped by medication? If not, why not? Yes, they are helping.

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happines from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.) I walk in the park. Playing with my cat. Listening to music.

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemimgly nonsensical. I wonder what I will do this weekend.

5. Would you ever want to travel to outer space in an actual rocket? No.

6. What is the last thing you bought? A book.

7. What is the next thing you're most likely going to buy? Groceries.

8. Have you ever tried putting ice cream into hot coffee? No.

9. What is something you think you are good at? What do others think you are good at? Don't know.

10. What is the last compliment you received from someone (online or RL)? I have a nice smile.

11. Are you making any 4th of July food this weekend? If so, what? Thinking about having seafood.

12. Take exactly 5 seconds to think about this question, and no more: What is the main thing you want right now? Rest.

13. How do you feel right at this moment in exactly five words -- but don't just list five different adjectives, make it a full sentence. (i.e. I feel like I'm hungry.) I really want to sleep.

14. What type of school or office supplies do you think are a must-have for students and/or white-collar workers to stay organized? List no more than 5. Pen, paper, laptop, flash drive, copier/printer.

15. If a stranger walked up to you and said, "You seem upset. What happened and is there anything I can do?" What would you say? I'm good. Thanks!

Inanimate

Someone here offered communication with another human.

I think that my ingrained identity and cognitive processes would need tuning before I give any thought to treating a potential chemical imbalance. Otherwise, they’ve had a history of being either a waste of time and money or both a waste of time and money and a redundancy in my depression.

Food may relieve idleness and boredom.

Fucking dumbfuck retard.

Yes, if I had a semblance of self-sufficiency and control over my safety.

Sunscreen.

Toothpaste.

No.

Words. Words.

Something regarding my writing being like that of “an enticing novel.”

I’m not.

I want freedom and control.

I feel angry, afraid, and alone.

For students:
  • Binder
  • Folders (hole-punched)
  • Notebooks
  • Planner
  • Backpack (for textbooks and/or your binder if you’re on campus)

“I happened. Probably not, but thanks.”

I might be desperate enough to say that if I wasn’t completely doubtful of this rare, otherworldly gesture. Otherwise, I may kindly outright brush this person off with an “I do? Well, I’m okay, but thank you!”

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Thanks for the tag @Aurelia kinda wanna play this while at the waiting room :D

Nothing much. Had fun at school ^^

2. If you take any kind of psychiatric medications, are they helping? Do you think that your depressive state (not anxiety, but rather negative or unstable moods, specifically) can be helped by medication? If not, why not? For me, I'm doing another assessment, adhd assessment to get the right meds to replace my withdrawal symptoms. It only didn't work cause I got the wrong diagnosis. I however, don't blame the meds at all. I am manageable with all kinds of mental health symptoms. Example, even without it, I'm surprise that I usually can calm my own nerve down before presentation day and keep my voice stable at any presentation I have to do, in class and outside. The only thing thats hard to control it is the stresses but I took panadol for it meanwhile so 😹

3. What smaller things do you get temporary happines from? (Such as food, shopping, hobbies, etc.) Kitty colours 🥰

4. Take a few minutes to listen to your thoughts right at this very moment. What are some of those thoughts you are noticing? Don't take too long to think about this, or it defeats the purpose of the question. Just write the first things that come to mind no matter how random or seemimgly nonsensical. Kitty brain is empty, am at peaceful state of mind. I'm happy that my doc finally talked to my mum. ^^

5. Would you ever want to travel to outer space in an actual rocket? No. Kitty scared.

6. What is the last thing you bought? Food. :D

7. What is the next thing you're most likely going to buy? Nothing. I wanna save money for the next 2 months, probably just food. hehe.

8. Have you ever tried putting ice cream into hot coffee? Yes! ^^

9. What is something you think you are good at? What do others think you are good at? Kitty colours 🥰

10. What is the last compliment you received from someone (online or RL)? I usually get "I don't judge my own emotions."

11. Are you making any 4th of July food this weekend? If so, what? No. I'm not in America, so. But I am looking forward for my own country's birthday in Aug 9.

12. Take exactly 5 seconds to think about this question, and no more: What is the main thing you want right now? Ice Tea!

13. How do you feel right at this moment in exactly five words -- but don't just list five different adjectives, make it a full sentence. (i.e. I feel like I'm hungry.) Happy, calm, content, satisfied, peaceful. Kitty wants to sleep, kitty wants to colours, kitty wants to play with my toys and so excited for my baby kitty to come! 😺

14. What type of school or office supplies do you think are a must-have for students and/or white-collar workers to stay organized? List no more than 5. Paper file, binder, writing materials, planner and post-it notes!

"Just having a rough time." I would usually keep it short unless ask more questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00