Jim's Cafe - July 20, 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Good morning, everyone! Well, it is still early morning here, only a few hours past midnight. It is already very warm and will be for the next few days. There are also severe storms in the forecast. Not exactly my cup of tea, so I hope there will be a break. I need to go and apply for more jobs. Hope everyone has a decent day!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good luck applying for jobs. I got up at a decent hour today 8.30am, went and got my disability and got some stuff ironed out. Went out without much anxiety yay :) Hope everyone has a fabulous day x

3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

My day was alright, I had an appointment did some shopping came home cave my unit a tidy. Had a shower.
    Ended up having a nap on the couch for a bit.
    Now snuggled up nice and warm in bed.
    Hope everyone can at least just have a day, or a good day!
    Take care

4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good morning SF! Off to work today. got into an argument with a coworker yesterday in front of the boss and the boss defended the coworker. It didn't matter that I was right. I've got to find another job but am resentful that I have to look for one so soon after getting this one.
    Going to have a huge family gathering on Sunday so I have to prepare for it. A little anxious but have held one before without incident so no need to be anxious.
    Too many negative emotions. Hope others here have better days.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Howdy cafe peeps!

@Witty_Sarcasm Good luck with the job hunting - the trick is to apply to as many as you can - its all a numbers game in the end :)
    @Petal Good to hear about the lack of anxiety!
    @na-taya Nap sounds good - and I love it when the house is tidy!
    @cymbele I am sorry to hear about your job! I hope that your family gathering goes well and you have fun :)

I am twitchy and anxious today - trying to just do some deep breathing and find a way to concentrate and get something done today.

Hope everyone who comes by later has a good day too!

6. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

It seems like I'm back at that phase where I sleep too much and don't get any rest.
    If only I could have a normal night of sleep.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  7. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

My day so far..managed to get out of bed, done some hoovering and made the kids breakfast and then lunch, just feel flat as a pancake now, crying on and off. When will this get better? I'm back at work in the next couple of weeks and I don't feel like I have recovered yet. Positive for the day: I'm alive and still have options.

8. __d

__d Active Member

I did eleven push ups today. Was doing forty at a go before. I consider it a good rebound ;) I also appreciate there are a lot of chores and things to do at home and uni registration and financial aid and others. Which says to me I am ready for life. The to-do's are not enjoyable and my issues are not resolved but I can stand up.
    I hope you guys feel good in your day.
    Hugs :)

9. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Dragged my arse out of bed as usual, got ready, made the group, came home, did some hoovering, made a coffee, logged in here. SSDD [same shit, different day]. If it wasn't for SF, I am sure I would be completely insane by now.

Try and have a decent day folks. I am gonna have to make dinner before long, oh lucky me.

10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Feeling sick after eating at my favorite fast food place, haven't ate a solid meal in the last 3 weeks and heading off to work soon. Just hope i dont toss my cookies in front of anyone tonight

11. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm moving in a week. Definitely not ready, and I haven't done anything too productive. I'm too scared to do anything. All I did today was eat noodle soup and waste more time on the internet. It's not even 4 pm, but I probably will continue to do nothing.

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

@Freya my friend told me the same thing, it's all a numbers game so just apply to as many as I can.
    I didn't apply at any jobs today, it was far too hot. But I went shopping and got to see my nephew, so that was nice :)

__d, calvinandhobbs and iam like this.
  13. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I went out today to see my doc. Got some meds. Relaxing in bed . That's all .

souncide and __d like this.