Jim's Cafe - March.12-13th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, hope you are well :) Saw there hasn't been a cafe posted for a couple days so thought I'd post it for today. Theme is questions or random, whatever you prefer ;) Oh also for those who live in the western hemisphere (North America) remember the clocks go ahead 1 hour tonight.

Here's some questions for those who enjoy or feel like answering some or all of them.

1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to go?
2. Have you ever travelled to another country?
3. Do you like where you currently live?
4. If you won a new car would you want to keep it & drive it or sell it for the $?
5. Are you glad it is almost spring?

cafecollage.png

Some tags (will do more, as always, in another post) ;) - @1964dodge @Autumn1973 @Road to Nowhere @Baywasp @Ash600 @MisterBGone @extraterrestrialone @Kiwi2016

JMG

Ok now my answers to the q's lol :p ;)

California, definitely :)

Yup, been to a couple other countries.

In some ways yes, in other ways not so much (too isolated).

4. If you won a new car would you want to keep it & drive it or sell it for the $?
Sell it for the $.

Yes, definitely! :)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to go? Icleland
2. Have you ever travelled to another country? Yeah, many.
3. Do you like where you currently live? It's ok, better than where I was previously
4. If you won a new car would you want to keep it & drive it or sell it for the $? Probably sell it and keep with the one I've currently got
Depends what spring brings....

JMG

Oh... I just did a cafe too JMG, Im sorry... Ill be back to answer yours later when im more with it ^^
Lol! Aw heck ha I was so hoping I wouldn't end up posting a cafe if there was already one posted, but like I said in a quick (non-question answering, will be doing that in a bit though lol) reply in yours, if yours is meant for the 14th then they are still considered 2 diff. cafes for 2 diff. days lol :p ;)

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to go? Maybe to Rochester, NY, because both my sister and my best friend are there.
2. Have you ever travelled to another country? Yes. I have been to Canada, Switzerland, France. Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands. I only spent a day or two in Switzerland and only one night in Denmark, but I still count them. (Denmark was supposed to just be a layover in the Copenhagen airport on the way to Amsterdam, in which case I wouldn't say I'd been there, but my flight got delayed and caused me to miss the connection, so the airline gave me a hotel voucher for a night and due to that, I did leave the airport. And for Switzerland I flew into the airport in Geneva IIRC because the place I was staying with my host families in France was close to the Swiss border, and we spent some time hanging out in Geneva later.)
3. Do you like where you currently live? I like it, but it's upsetting to me that I've now lived in Pittsburgh for almost twice the amount of time I lived in San Francisco for.
I don't drive currently, so I'd want to sell it.
I think so. I like winter, but spring is always so refreshing.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Hey everyone, hope you are well :) Saw there hasn't been a cafe posted for a couple days so thought I'd post it for today. Theme is questions or random, whatever you prefer ;) Oh also for those who live in the western hemisphere (North America) remember the clocks go ahead 1 hour tonight.

Here's some questions for those who enjoy or feel like answering some or all of them.

View attachment 43461

Some tags (will do more, as always, in another post) ;) - @1964dodge @Autumn1973 @Road to Nowhere @Baywasp @Ash600 @MisterBGone @extraterrestrialone @Kiwi2016
I guess I'll be replying to a lot of Jim's Cafe threads since I don't even want to make my own threads, especially in the Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings section. I know, another low point. These things are quite soon, like every 3 days.

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to go?
- Somewhere snowy with pine or birch forests, like the Scandinavia, Russia or Canada.

Have you ever travelled to another country? - No, I haven't. It's not easy doing so right now.
Do you like where you currently live?
- Yes, I do.
If you won a new car would you want to keep it & drive it or sell it for the $?
- Sell it, since I don't know how to drive and I don't have a garage or a place large enough for a car.

Are you glad it is almost spring?
- Yes. There won't be as much festivals as usual, though.

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter

Toes in the water ass in the sand, cold beer in my hand.
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in the hand
Life is good today, life is good today

Canada

No, I'm working on changing it.

Drive it for a while, show it off, sell it.

Definitely

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks for the invite @JMG

I miss traveling, so anywhere is the right word in the current situation. But if I even get to choose...maybe Jamaika.

I've been traveling as a backpacer since I was 16.

Very much.

I'd keep it if I liked it better than the one I have.

Most definitely!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

First two places would be Germany and Ireland since those are the countries where most of my heritage is from and I can speak the languages.

I have been to Mexico when about 12 but it was only Laredo and the bordering Mexican city which is not really seeing the real country as opposed to one of the border towns. My mom and brother went back a year or so later while I stayed with my grandparents and heard a huge difference when going deep into the nation.

I do. I love the peace and quiet and small town lifestyle. I also enjoy that 5 minute drive and I can: fish, hunt, watch nature and wildlife and camp out, although I have gotten to an age where camping is more fun in Spring and Fall.

Depends on the car. Win a new pickup, fine. A new Ferrari, could not afford to keep it.

Yes, still cool enough but hopefully without any more deep freeze storms.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Europe would be nice.

No, but I would love to.

Yes, it's a pretty good place.

Maybe sell it, or let someone else drive it, since I don't drive at all.

For sure, even though it's hard to tell now since I'm not doing the best emotionally.

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Hey, JMG *hugThanks for the invite.

1. Italy or Greece. I love classical mythology and would love to see the monuments dedicated to one of my favorite subjects.

2. The only time I've ever left the continental United States was when I took a cruise to the Bahamas years ago.

3. Yes, but I'm NOT proud of what this country has become over the last four years.

4. I would definitely sell it. I like what I'm driving right now. It's an older vehicle, but it fits me, like a sofa or a pair of jeans. Not much to look at, but it's comfortable.

5. Yes and no. Not a fan of warmer weather, but it does mean I'm one season closer to next fall.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Grayling Michigan, camping and fly fishing for trout. The AuSable river is a world famous trout stream and the scenery in the spring is glorious.
The only other country I have been to is Canada. I just don't have the money to travel much.
I love where I live now. I share a house with 3 other guys so the rent is cheap, all of my stuff is here, I have half of a garage to keep my car in.
If I won a new car I would have to pay the taxes so I would sell it and buy a really nice used car.
Spring is my favorite season. Death comes back to life, blossoms on the trees, the light green hue of the trees as they bud, going outside without a coat.

I am makiing good progress on the jewelry box for my daughter. I hope to have it done by the end of the week. I am using maple with cherry accents. I bought read velvet to line the bottoms so it compliments the cherry, a neat clasp and SOSS barrel hinges for the lid.

Mary Box 1.jpg

Mary Box 2.jpg

Mary Box 3.jpg

cymbele

SF Supporter

The two places I want to go to are covered in snow (glacier NP and Alaska) so I'm inclined to go to Europe

S Korea for a business trip; England with my daughter and Canada

It's ok, near the woods, near the ocean and close to family

Sell it as I like my present car. Although if it was the same model i would keep it and sell my present one.
Spring is not my fav season but yeah, I am looking to get outside this year

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG Its my weekend and I have time to answer your questions today. Week days are busy so the later opening of the cafe suits me fine.

1.If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to go?
America to visit my BFF. I rarely feel excited about anything but I think I would be if I knew I was going there.
Many years ago. I did go to America when I was 16 and Austria when I was 17. I used to play in a concert band and we traveled once a year to do concerts and competitions. Out America trip was a 2 week tour of the south east coast and we visited New York, Washington, Long Island etc. It was a trip of a life time.
Yes. I think so. I like my house. I like the area. The only down side is that even though I have lived here for 20 years I don’t know anyone. There is nothing keeping me here. If I moved away no one would notice.
Definitely sell for the cash. I have a lot of diy in the house I’d rather do than have a new car.
Yes. Big relief 😅 Roll on the lighter days and the daffodils. In need of a bit of a lift.

Enjoy your Sunday, group hug to all. *grouphug2 Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00