Jim's Cafe - March 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Mr Stewart, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello SF and happy last for realsies winter month of the year. haha. Actually though February was unusually warm in my part of Canada so winter doldrums haven't got to me quite so bad as they usually do.

Take care everybody. :)

CandleLight likes this.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Cold start of March brrr going to have storm tonight hopefully not to crazy of one trying to stay warm by the fire hope all have good day

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I keep forgetting when another month comes around :p I have mixed feelings about March, and I know it will be winter here for a while yet :p

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have made this thread a sticky in Jimk's memory :)
    It's been snowing on /off here for the past few days, nothing to write home about though. It's quiet cold for this time of year. Does anyone have anything they want to accomplish by the end of March? Look for inspiration on the forums =)

5. Mr Stewart

Good afternoon SF,

finished my work week now and two days off forthcoming; my 'weekend' which occurs in the middle of the week. Just keeping on keeping on and so it goes.

6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

60 F and sunny in the Northeast of the USA. Already feels like spring. Left work early to enjoy it but haven't been outside much yet. I will as I am going to the gym. Maybe I'll skip the gym and go for a walk. Take care SF.

7. Mr Stewart

just about slept through work this morning. alarm rings, i turn off completely instead of hitting snooze, wake up one hour later, now late for work. thankfully i didn't sleep til noon! :eek:

Also time change is tomorrow (tonight). The spring one always gives me trouble.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Springing foward my clock and having another crisis in the family happening is just getting tiresome. Hurry up Idles of March for the payday

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Finally slept for like 4 hours and I am still tired. I can't sleep at night but I can nap during the day. Not sure if things will get better or worse with the time change.

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Oooh, it's good to see the cafe again!! I kinda forgot to check this forum.
    March has been okay so far. The weather's been gorgeous. Well, up until this weekend, when it's supposed to get cold again.

CandleLight likes this.
  11. Mr Stewart

Hello SF. Spring seems to be kicking in here. The geese have arrived from their annual migration. Saw some chickadees today at work too.

CandleLight likes this.
  12. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

I just want to say hello, I am at a *real* cafe and drinking a white chocolate mocha on this mid-March afternoon. :) Sunny but a little cool, outside.

Mr Stewart and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  13. Mr Stewart

Morning everybody. Local zoo had a very special baby birth a couple weeks back. New baby girl western lowlands gorilla. Pretty big deal for the zoo as those gorillas are endangered and zoo has not had a baby born since 2008. Baby was born a little underweight so they are being extra watchful about feeding and growth rates. The mother has bonded with baby which is fantastic. Sometimes mother will reject baby and zoo must bottle feed.

14. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

A baby gorilla! :) Can you link to pics?

15. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Hello SF. I participated in the church's easter egg hunt yesterday. 1300 kids. I did concession stand - we ran out of 600 hot dogs and chips within an hour! It was crazy with all the kids. But it was a good thing since we did it for the city and not just the church.
    Today it is Easter for my family. I know it is not Easter for everyone but well wishes and hope everybody has a good day.

CandleLight, Witty_Sarcasm and Petal like this.
  16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is awesome @cymbele bet that was a lot of fun, wow 600 hot dogs, well done & happy easter to you too.

17. Mr Stewart

Here ya go. She's a girl.

CalgaryZooGorilla.jpg

CandleLight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.