Jim's Cafe - Monday 11th July

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Good morning cafe peeps! Hope everyone is bright eye'd and bushy tailed today. It is, of course, pouring rain again here. Just about to have my first cup of tea of the day though so today is about to look up considerably.

First order of the day is to make a proper to-do list and get myself organised. I have a week and a half window to get stuff done before my old MD is officially "gone" and I have to start going to the new MD for sign-off, so I need to do as many things as possible (or at least get them underway) as possible so he can't say no haha.

Have an excellent day everyone!

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  2. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Pretty "meh" today. The most exciting thing to happen was buying some music on Bandcamp.

3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

DBT was crap, not sure I will be going back.

No meds is seriously screwing my head up, but of course no one is prepared to take responsibility for the fuck up.

So not a good day and I will be glad to crawl into bed and hope to get some sleep.

4. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Kid... Cuddles for you. I'm sorry. I too, am back in bed. Third day in a row. I'm so tired of hearing my kids talk crap to me I don't answer the phone any more . Going to find a new book to read and snuggle with my poochie.

SinisterKid likes this.
  5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello everyone, it's still hot and humid here and I don't feel like doing anything tbh. In a low mood with high anxiety, it gets discouraging and you wonder if it will ever end. I've just been looking at posts on the forum and see so many friends are suffering too, it breaks my heart that I can't change that and can't even find the words to comfort them. I know we have to accept life on life's terms, I just wish that life would give everyone a break now and then. Take care everyone.
    Brian

6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Afternoon all.

It is warm out today. I went for a walk and now I am sitting in a cafe enjoying bubble tea. Trying not to give myself brainfreeze. :p

7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

What is "bubble tea"?
    I am so bored at work and yet I am afraid if I ask my boss I would get laid off. He wants a presentation done and a Word docuemtn both of which I have done and submitted to him but no feedback and when I ask him for work he says he has none. And yet the other two co-workers are flat out. So I count the weeks of pay I get when I get laid off (two plus vacation time which is now 1 week).

8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

9. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

You have no idea how much your words resonate with me fella. I am sorry you are not feeling too good yourself today. Th anxiety is so draining, its no wonder you dont feel like doing much. Hang in there bud and lets both ope tomorrow is a better day, not just for us, but for everyone.

10. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Today has been ok - I suppose. It's just kind of been. Did get my new medical bracelet today, and am pleased with it so that's a plus I suppose.

Some kids I met about a week ago whose dads are painting some buildings in my neighborhood came over to play with my dog today. They LOVE her, and she LOVES them. They drove my dog absolutely crazy with the laser light again, but then again that's her absolute favorite 'toy' so it doesn't take anything to get her going with that. She's instantly excited just hearing it get pulled out. It was cool to watch my dog go nuts, and watching the smiles on the kids' faces and hearing them laugh as she did. One kid likes to take my dog for a 'walk' (which is technically a run), so he did that a couple times today when he went to check in with his dad.

I've been debating all day about going to my therapy appt tomorrow. Not really up for going tbh. She wants to discuss things I'm not up for talking about right now (that was the plan at the end of our last appt 2wks ago), so I'll have to cancel super soon if I decide to do that.

11. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I officially set up a date and time to chat with my prospective roommate. We're Skyping tomorrow afternoon. I'm so nervous I'm gonna screw something up and make the person hate me.

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today was actually pretty good. I was announcing everything today and I was giddy, lol. Must have been the coffee. Actually applied for jobs so I am remaining hopeful.