• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe- Monday 21st December 💖

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey all, welcome to the cafe, its the shortest day of the year so hopefully more sunshine to come in the following months as weather improves, looking forward to the spring and the longer days, long walks, sitting in the garden relaxing, barbeques, let's make the most of each day and be as optimistic as possible. 👍

As for now, Merry Christmas everyone and let's hope 2021 will be a brand new start for us all and brighter prospects are to arise. Let's hope and keep that hope alive. Thank you all personally for the support you have given me this year and I love seeing how supportive, friendly and caring everyone here is to each other, every single day, beyond heart warming. ❤
Love, hugs and warm blessings and thank you to all the staff and admin for keeping SF a safe place for us all and for all the work that goes on being the scenes!!!

1608575205711.png 1608575222734.png 1608575238435.png

1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted?
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn?
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday?
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for?
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for?
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for?

Last edited:

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter

1. My cats!! ;) icarus & - no, I'm just joking :D

2. Ohhh....That's a hard one - I think that if I told the truth it would probably be not too distasteful, but it might put some people into a bad mood (sorry!) ;)
  3. Gee Wiz? These aren't getting any easier ~*> :D j/k! (;

4. Ok, now I gotta just quit-while I"m ahead..;) :) oy oy

5. I don't know, but I've met some really remarkable peopl e (almost exlusively/ or mostly- rather..) on here. :) And so I am eternally grateful for that. For had I not been on here then it nefver wouldve havppened (& I'm sure some of them are not thanking their lucky stars over that cruel twist of Fate`) ha- ;)
  6. My dashing charisma! ;) just kidding, I honestly have no idea. I am loyal often times to a fault. the more i like or care for someone, a person, friend/realtive (whatefver), teh more I have a tendedcny to tell them the truth (whcih doesn't always end up being well receiveed), but I do this so as it's the same kind of treatment I'd hope they'd like to give me. Pay me that respect, rather. . . :D
  7. well, i thought I'd answeerred all of hem, but it appears as though with the sapcing and the formatting and everytihng, I may have been in error (& i hve a hard time ever going back & reasding wht I wrote_ so! sue me..;)

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I have no idea what's going on up there? :) I tried- this is why i so very often don't ansewr thees (their too hard) :D

I shuould bporbably give a "shougt-out!" to my nureses, they are loyal souls & soldiers who keep me going / despite my hematologist's best efforts other wise (she really pulls out all the stops!) ;) a worthy adversary; or foe, in this final hour or act of my well i gues it can'gt be a "onc act play now, " can it?!! :D I've really ben enjoying watching tehm learn all the new machinesk! Brand new & a pain in the butt, to boot 9as one vet / my age put it recently - tho one who'd said, "I wa s scaring her..;)) but I believe she was just speakin gfaceitously!~*> And anyway she's going on & on about how she hasn't figured out to bypass all the controls and safety measures and protocols on the machines yet! Funny, so tht they can flow/push at gerater rateds, I"d gather- it's probably desinged that way to fail safe them or idiot proof agains t peopel like me, werr I one of them, who do not know when you can, and when ou cannot "push the envelope," and how far, adn so on & so forth... Capisce?!? ;D sehr gute // *& 'mein fuhrer, i can walk!' ( ;

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
  1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted? Life
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn? Not everyone who says they will stay in your life really wants to.
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday? It snowed a bit
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for? That it's not worse than it is.
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for? Just being able to talk to friends.
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for? Sense of humor

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
  1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted? Life
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn? Not everyone who says they will stay in your life really wants to.
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday? It snowed a bit
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for? That it's not worse than it is.
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for? Just being able to talk to friends.
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for? Sense of humor
You are the antithesis, of me--Witty_;) :) :D (this is a "good thing!") Trust me. . : )

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne and now for the hard questions

1. something i experience every day but take for granted : that life always balances out in one form or another.

2. lesson learned : that all people are important in their own way.

3. better today than yesterday : my health, it keeps getting a little better every day

4. aspect of physical health i'm grateful for : with all of my issues one part of my body is just as good as when i was younger.

5. what happened this month that i'm grateful for : i was really sick and in a lot of pain which killed my mental health. it took a while but i'm starting to bounce back and i'm grateful for it

6. personality : i think it's mostly that i'm honest and have empathy for others

mike

cymbele

SF Supporter
My grandson is supposed to be born today. My daughter is in labor and the day is almost done so I don’t know when he will come except that the parents have stopped texting me. I will try to answer the questions but I am not really focused right now.
1. something I take for granted life even though I sometimes want to end mine
2. lesson learned. Work is only a part of life. An important part but jobs come and go. People stay with you
3. better today than yesterday? Well I have- or will have- the long awaited grandson.
4. aspect of physical health? Well I am falling apart physically but grateful for sight and the ability to move without pain which a few of my friends are having trouble with
5. what happened this month. Does the baby count? Otherwise it has been a blah month
6. personality trait. More of a fault that I try to protect those people who need my help . gets me in trouble most times . no good deed goes unpunished

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello :)
  1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted? Enjoyable but that I take for granted? Perhaps good food? I take everything for granted at some point.
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn? Listening to opinions opposite to ours can really hurt or be frustrating, but it's the only way to learn and grow. Never stop doing it.
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday? I've been more productive than yesterday.
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for? Most of it is okay, so I'm grateful for it in general.
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for? My friends are still there for me... (Though Idk why, honestly)
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for? Active open-mindedness for sure, I couldn't be more grateful to have developed it, it taught me everything.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
My grandson is supposed to be born today. My daughter is in labor and the day is almost done so I don’t know when he will come except that the parents have stopped texting me. I will try to answer the questions but I am not really focused right now.
1. something I take for granted life even though I sometimes want to end mine
2. lesson learned. Work is only a part of life. An important part but jobs come and go. People stay with you
3. better today than yesterday? Well I have- or will have- the long awaited grandson.
4. aspect of physical health? Well I am falling apart physically but grateful for sight and the ability to move without pain which a few of my friends are having trouble with
5. what happened this month. Does the baby count? Otherwise it has been a blah month
6. personality trait. More of a fault that I try to protect those people who need my help . gets me in trouble most times . no good deed goes unpunished
congrats on the grandson...mike...*hug*shake

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Ty @Champagne for the tag :) What you wrote was nice & thoughtful, wishing you a great year next year too! :)

What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted?
That we are so lucky to have a sweet perfect lil kitty to live with. I think most of the time I'm good about not taking her for granted but sometimes if I get too sucked into one of my emo moods it seems to be temporarily erased from my mind (along with lots of other positive things about myself and life).

What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn?
The prevalence of narcissism in this world, both within my family and the world in general.

What about today has been better than yesterday?
The clarity I had on certain important matters. I was unsure whether certain things were wise for me or not but now I think I am clearer on the bigger picture of the situation and I am very grateful for that :)

What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for?
Lots of things, everything I'm able to do really. Being able to walk, talk, eat (limited with some things there but glad for the things I am still able to eat and enjoy) and all with no pain. I know there are lots of people in this world who are not so lucky.

What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for?
Many things but esp. whenever someone tags or quotes me here, it always ends up being for something good/encouraging or supportive so that always helps lift my mood a lot. Also Star Wars, my sweet lil kitty, my mom, sis & friend, Mark Hamill, all the yummy food I'm able to eat, games, the net, this site, art, lots of things like I said :)

What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for?
My imagination, the way I think about things and my deep appreciation of nature & art in it's various forms.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer
SF Supporter
@Champagne TY TY! 😁

1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted? --- I think..my cat. I haven't been paying enough attention to her lately...I shall go fluff her up.🐈
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn? ---- you are loveable. And its okay just to be and exist. You dont have to be extra special or a model to be loved...
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday? ----- coffee and BLT chicken sandwich. Getting to lay in bed and be lazy for once...
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for? ----- no major illnesses..just inconvenient stuff like ulcer/IBS/acid reflux. But I'm "healthy" otherwise. Blood work normal. BP normal.
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for? ------ I talked to my niece for 20 mins tonight, unexpectedly. But I did fine. It was good. :)
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for? ---- humor...Its important for the soul. As my dad taught me. Humor and a healthy small amount of self deprecation/self forgiveness..
  7. 🍵🕯🐈🧀🍷 Good night everyone. *hug to you.

Last edited:

KM76710

SWCA3110-SWHF625
SF Supporter
  1. What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted? Sleep all last week when I had to get up earlier.
  2. What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn? Nobody on Earth owes you anything, let alone everything you want.
  3. What about today has been better than yesterday? I can sleep later tomorrow.
  4. What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for? I have not fallen completely apart. LOL
  5. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for? My family and myself is mostly quite healthy.
  6. What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for? Calm, patience is another one.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne
What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted?
Just about everything, to be honest.
What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn?
Acceptance/letting go what can't be changed. Still working on it.
What about today has been better than yesterday?
Nothing really.
What’s an aspect of your physical health that you feel grateful for?
That all my senses are in working order and im not physically dependent on anyone , though i dont count my blessings in this respect enough either.
What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you’re grateful for?
Just glad nothing terrible has happened....so far
What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for?
I try to see the bigger picture/take myself less seriously

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00