• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's cafe Monday 24th August 2020

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good morning lovely SF'ers :) A fresh week, new opportunities, new chances to have fun...What is in store for you this week? How are you going to be spending the week?

1598271290994.png

And for some of us all..... we often forget that...

1598271786112.png 1598272296042.png 1598272319316.png

Here's some questions to get us chatting away and to give us some fun reading others answers.

1. What makes you laugh the most?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What did you want to be when you were small?
  4. What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
  5. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
  6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
@1964dodge @JMG @KindaOtiose @Sunspots @Walker @Nick @Kitten ^._.^ @ShyGuy @KM76710 @RedTerminator13

Last edited:

MisterBGone

Oh, geez ;^))... I am probably not stable enough to be answering these — (not that that’s, ever stopped ✋ ;) 🛑 me!) :D / ‘Mel u’r Not Staple_.~^•*> ...( followed by some anti this n’/or that! spat / rant / retort, by the passion of the . . ;^)))_! Rawr 🐯 RaWr rAwR 🐯 _/~ what was the ‘?’ Again! :D
Ok- 👌 lets see, I used to want to be a dentist 🦷 but what to do w/all that nitrous oxide?!.;) oh, well- we don’t have to worry ‘bout dat dez days!!;) I can’t remember the last movie I physically went to (spiritually, though...) / 🇬🇧 I’m, in trying to type “um!” I really am - but it, or my QWERTY fingers / digits, won’t let me. Django (unchained!) - but I’m sure that’s not right. Let’s go with: ‘he got game!’ Not because it’s right, but because I like the sounds of it..;) when did bad Santa come out? Was it that long aomgo—maybe lorn ‘p3 or 04?!’ :/ Babel, the hunger games (1st one ☝️ unless that the only one that’s called such)- black swan 🦢 remember having a pleasant dispute about that one somewhat recently round here! :D I of course, like always , won the argument with great aplomb-
Ext question! ;) (now I already forgot what it was... be right back—) ahh, yes! The answer is, “Leo DiCaprio!” ~this one’s ☝️ for the firlsss!” (Who’ve ever bad a brown. Hart!)_ ; )~•>*// probably these days it’s football 🏈 (not to be confused with soccer ⚽️ )! ;) used to be hockey 🏒 like to play tennis 🎾 best, I suppose if I had to declare one once & for all, for ever & ever after, but basketball 🏀 ain’t bad, either! Love figure skating in the Winter Olympics (mostly just the ladies...) dubno why? Swimming & track n’ filed in da summer - I swam growing up (even broke a near 30 yr old brst stroke record, but who gives a heck?)? ;D anyways...... dats gut genug, for now! :D

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @Champagne and everyone. *hug

Anything. Puns, clever jokes, funny stories, funny tv shows, some of my friends...
Downton Abbey. It was great, I love the series and it was the exact same spirit.
An astronomer, and a teacher.
Wait, who? lol
Metal festival with a friend.
Biathlon to watch, I love it. I do not play sports.
Wish you all a beautiful day or evening! *stars

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
1. goofiness makes me laugh
2. I think the last movie I saw in the cinema was Sorry to Bother You. it was a strange movie.
3. I wanted to be a ninja turtle when I was really little. lol
4. I don't have any children, but my niece wants to be a dancer.
5. I would like to spend as much money as I can without repercussions for a day.
6. I like to play video games. I've been playing mario games and cuphead lately.

Bbear82

1. Listening to my daughter yell at the people on tv not to or to do something no matter how many times I tell her they are not going to listen

2. I think the last movie I went and saw was Snow White and the huntsman. It was ok I guess

3. I’ve always wanted to be a dr or nurse that works with this little or sick babies

4. my daughter wants to be in the medical field as well

5. Perfect day laying in bed binge watching Netflix with popcorn soda and kiddo

6. Ice skating both watch and do

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
now the questions:

1. makes me laugh most : my own mistakes, and know it alls spouting off rediculous things

2. last movie : star trek beyond i loved it (yea it's been a while )

3. what i wanted to be: a priest

4. my kids wanted : i don't remember that far ago lol

5. be for a day : a cop so i could but a shit load of ba people i know

6. favorite sport : street racing (safely )

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
What makes you laugh the most?
I suppose that changes over time but right now? Probably my wife. She is just understated funny as hell to me. We have a lot of mock fights over which way is better - the British way or the American way ... or just the way she phrases something will set me off into laughing fits. IDK. I'm easily amused by her.

What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
I went to the cinema when I was in the UK last December and we saw Jumanji. I thought it was cute. I wouldn't necessarily opt to see it again but it was nice. It was our first movie date and we went to a theater with couches in. 10/10 would recommend.

What did you want to be when you were small?
Definitely wanted to be an astronaut for far longer than my brain realized I was much too stupid for this profession.

What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
He has no goal to be anything but a professional couch surfer currently. Hoping that looks up some time later. I think he would like to do something in culinary arts because he's had a solid interest in that since he was a little guy.

If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Unrealistically? I'd spend my day collecting my new multi million dollar lottery winnings :)
Realistically? Be with my wife lounging around doing nothing - or going out to the beach on a cool day - or going for a ride - or out for a walk - watching movies - anything, really. I'm easy.

What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
Hands down, hockey. GO AVS! (Back off @Baywasp !!)

MisterBGone

1. goofiness makes me laugh
2. I think the last movie I saw in the cinema was Sorry to Bother You. it was a strange movie.
3. I wanted to be a ninja turtle when I was really little. lol
4. I don't have any children, but my niece wants to be a dancer.
5. I would like to spend as much money as I can without repercussions for a day.
6. I like to play video games. I've been playing mario games and cuphead lately.
Which Nina turtle? Michelangelo... (or Donatello!) :D

Inya

babaya gayolera
Hey guys;)

Totally random funny stuff. A few minutes ago it was my man learning English.

We took a little brat to see Spies In Disguise, an animated spy comedy. It was better than I expected.

I don’t remember, I was always curious about many things but I don’t think I ever wanted to be anything specific.

I don’t have those lol. I remember my brother wanted to be a garbage man because he got this super cool garbage truck toy. He caused many horrified facial expressions when my mom’s snobbish friends asked him what he wanted to become.

I’d spend it as a volunteer in some animal sanctuary in Africa or South America.

I’m not into sports at all but I enjoyed the atmosphere of a few live soccer matches a long time ago. To see one in Bombonera stadium was priceless.

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter
  1. What makes you laugh the most? That could be anything, from the ridiculous to the surreal
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? I Honestly can't remember what was the last one I went to. Must've been that memorable
  3. What did you want to be when you were small? Taller *bleh
  4. What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? Hell knows, I don't have any kids and have no intention of starting either *nono
  5. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Relaxing on a yacht parked near a private exotic island with full waiter and bar service, a Michelin starred chef and some dude playing the bongos.
  6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? That'll be football (soccer to all you Americans out there) although watching womens beach volleyball would come a close second;)

extraterrestrialone

can’t toast bread without burning it
SF Supporter
Good morning lovely SF'ers :) A fresh week, new opportunities, new chances to have fun...What is in store for you this week? How are you going to be spending the week?

View attachment 36803

And for some of us all..... we often forget that...

View attachment 36805 View attachment 36806 View attachment 36807

Here's some questions to get us chatting away and to give us some fun reading others answers.

@1964dodge @JMG @KindaOtiose @Sunspots @Walker @Nick @Kitten ^._.^ @ShyGuy @KM76710 @RedTerminator13
hey thanks @Champagne hopefully this café will take my mind of the atmosphere here: its hot and humid again and i’m not functioning well at all today

so if these questions don’t come out right - the answers, that is, you know why....

1. What makes you laugh the most? funny at home in family things usually and sometimes some comedians come across the right way and then some movies too.
  2. What was the last movie you went to? hmm, have not gone in a while. i don’t think i remember. What did you think? i do think it was not exciting and interesting enough though, if that makes any sense.
  3. What did you want to be when you were small? bigger! oh you mean like profession? i wanted to invent a gold plated car. pretty embarrassing right? well my siblings made sure i was sufficiently embarrassed.
  4. What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? um, which one? well one is what he wanted to be when he grows up already - i think. the other is still growing up but is following in his brother’s foots steps but maybe he really wants to be a chef.
  5. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? well, on that day i would make a lasting impression and find acceptance amongst all who know and don’t know me. actually all who know me don’t really know me. i’m really quite different - amazingly so - and a whole lot nicer i think. are you picking up on what i’m trying to say? i mean... ask if its not clear and you can’t guess. i am assuming that making a lasting impression is ok and will be ok to go on after the day even though it ultimately will be from then on. i’d only be putting the actual effort in on that day and once that happens, can’t help what happens after. so...
  6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? i don’t really know. i’ve never been very sports oriented. i have watched baseball, football (american), football (the rest of the world), tennis, swimming (assorted). idk. any of these i guess or how about shot-put or bocce? or javelin throwing?

Thank you for the tag @Champagne. Going to try to make the most of this last week before going back to work full time. Things are going to get very busy from next week. My answers to your questions.

What makes you laugh the most?
Difficult to answer but perhaps funny cat or animal videos and my kids sometimes. 

What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
Genuinely can’t remember! 

What did you want to be when you were small?
A marine biologist for a while and then a teacher. Never really wanted to be anything else. 

What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
Art director working for Disney or Marvel

If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
I would love to be one of the musicians and play in the music pit in a west end show. 

What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
I don’t play any sport really. Never been sporty at all. Will occasionally watch Wimbledon when it’s on but that’s about it.

JMG

~ Crazy Cat LADY ~
Tysm for tagging me @Champagne & for opening the cafe! Very fun one w/ those q's & love the wonderful pix as well! :)

What is in store for you this week?
Not sure but hopefully nothing too dreadful lol.

How are you going to be spending the week?
Relaxing and oh I also have an appt on Wed so hoping that will go well, think my therapist will be happy with at least some of the things I've done/gotten through over the last month :)

All kinds of things but if people say witty/funny kinds of things, seeing random/funny things happen, watching comedy movies or stand up comedy (on tv/dvd or w/e, rarely live but live is cool too), reading funny things.

"Went to"...hmm...that implies "in theaters" ugh sorry but I don't really go to theaters much lol. I'm just gonna put the last movie I watched which was on Netflix yesterday. It was a great & adorable movie imo, it was a Netflix exclusive anime one & it was called "A Whisker Away". It just came out earlier this year & it was just sooo cute & also very beautifully animated. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes cats and/or anime :)

An artist, that was always my dream, have always loved art very VERY much lol.

Lmao I don't have kids! & prob. never will but that is completely 100% by choice.

Anything at all? Regardless of whether it's a thing that is even possible (as far as we know that is lol) to be done? Well if that is the case then I'd def. want to be able to be invisible and where it was in 1977 so I could see what it was like when Star Wars first came out first hand. I love hearing people talk about how exciting it was but getting to see it in person would really be a great experience I think :) I'd want to be invisible so I could do some other things as well but def. not gonna get into any more details about that lol ;) :p *halo *shh *happyno

Basketball, just always enjoyed trying to see if I could get it in the hoop or not. I like watching it cos it's easier to see the ball than in most other games where it's much smaller. Oh I like playing & watching soccer too, it's a lot of fun :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00