Jim's cafe Monday 6th April 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
1) If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
God, why do you allow the world to suffer so much.

2) If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Super Bowl that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?
Love your neighbor as yourself (assuming, of course, that you love yourself)

3) What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
Shredding a knee doing handstands.

4) What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done?
Not really crazy. He wrote poetry and shared it with us.

5) What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?
Gregory Peck

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for the opening @BlackOpium ....

Sending positive thoughts to one and all as we begin this new week....

1) If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Why can't people treat one another with common decency, respect and civility embracing any differences as alternative perspectives rather than as threats to their own perspectives?

2) If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Super Bowl that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?
Random acts of kindness to people and animals...to remind everyone that we all need these and that oftentimes it so easy to do...

Cleaning out our rain gutters....ladder slipped down windows...leg went through ladder steps...hit my head in the middle of my forehead with the leaf blower I was using...landed on cement patio...knocked over propane tank...yes despite it all I, the window and the leaf blower were ok...so cleaned myself up and finished the job...lol... and then there was the time my husband and I climbed a tree to cut it down...while both in the tree he lost hold of the chain saw and it fell missing us both...yes my guardian angel has been busy keeping me safe from myself...lol..

Well I had an art history teacher who wore a cape to class and used a riding crop to change the slides and for one poor student who fell asleep it was quite the wake up call when the riding crop came down within inches when the professor hit the chair next to him...Though I wasn't there on a trip to the Alhambra in Spain he decided to take students there after hours...they got chased by armed guards and had to jump off the walls...needless to say he was let go...which was a shame as he was by far the best professor I had ever had...

Audrey Hepburn as she seemed to be so comfortable in her own skin, be independent in her thinking and just a great actress

tagging @GMody @Angel368 @Bergerac @Shadowlands @innocentforever @JMG @mpk @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16 @pooky @Auri

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
thanks @Kiwi2016 for tagging me and thanks @BlackOpium for the café and these questions and also for this thought...
Good morning peeps!!!
because you or i or anyone may be considered peeps but in actuality thes are peeps 4A1012B3-BE1E-42B1-9785-5EAAB3135A9F.jpeg
and whats more, it is the height of peep season and that makes me happy - even if i don’t get to the store to get any and also the fact that they are 186% sugar and not so good for a diabetic such as myself. but you made me think of them so that did put a smile on my face (i am being serious btw). anyway, now for the questions which i have to admit at first glance at least, look difficult. well here goes. i’ll give em a try

fortunately this one jumps out at me right away. i’d want to know all there is about bleeping hijacker in my mind, life and vicinity.

i’m a bit stuck on this one.... it would have to be something a bit over the edge while being something that would also be acceptable with a little thinking on the viewer’s part and also contain something that would prompt that thinking. it would be something positive and proactive and of benefit to all except for, say... war mongers, and would somehow aid this ailing world and make it become a better place. i guess i thought you said one millennium. but come to think of it, would that even be enough? hmm. but a good marketer can pack that all into one minute so yeah, lets go ahead with this.

skipping this one - sorry

this one just deleted itself after much thought and writing and i do not have the patience to rewrite it. it was fairly long. maybe i’ll come back later to try and relate it again but you know sometime words don’t fail me but do overwhelm.

i think i will have to skip this one too. there are implications in the word “10” that i don’t mind being there but that are not what comes from me in feeling that someone is a 10. this is very significant because those i would have on this list are inevitably female and then you would have a completely wrong idea about them and about me unless i also wrote something here many times longer than some of my long rant threads i’ve posted on this site. attractivity to me is a very complex thing and needs much thought and explanation....

and now for the peeps:

Bbear82

thanks for opening and inviting me @BlackOpium

1. why do you allow children to be hurt and suffer

2. funny animal photos.. animals doing funny things

3. trying to bath a german sherpard puppy in a kiddy pool

4. invited all her students to her wedding

5.Tim foust... hes actually a singer but dang he can sing

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good morning peeps!!!

Here's some coffee and juice for you all to enjoy :)

View attachment 31722 View attachment 31723 View attachment 31724

Here are some questions to get peeps chatting and answering as they watch the sunrise!!

Have a great week everyone and stay happy and healthy!!!! 🎀💓💙
Thanks for opening!
I'd probably want to know the answer to religion, what the truth is if any are true and if so which.
2. I don't know what a slot during g the super bowl is ..
I've hurt myself on.psper, with pencils, or tripping over the clothes on my floor.

Have a great day!

@lonely-adrian @Lonely85 @LonelyHiker @Charliex8 @JDot @shattered dreams @shadowrider @shania @JmpMster

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I don't really have an answer for some of the questions, but I'll answer what I can think of.

I got hit in the head with a tuba in the stands at a football game in marching band. Although it didn't really do much damage (AFAIK) so I'm not sure if it counts. I also got my leg run over by the cart we were using to carry the timpani onto the field. But again, it wasn't really an injury; it just hurt for a bit. I did break my toe once just running around the house because I got weirdly hyper for a bit and I hit it hard against the coffee table in the living room (and I was like 14 at the time so not exactly a little kid...)
My second grade teacher stood up on the desks and sang opera to reward us for being good once (she had promised to do it at some point.)

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Eh ... we'll give em an answer.

Do I matter to you? (to a very specific person)

Something calming? Video of an operational windmill, birds chirping, a creek or something like that.

Miles bet me $50 to jump off a roof (alcohol was involved).

Um ... no idea

Drawing a blank here

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tags @BlackOpium and @Innocent Forever

1. What is the date and time of my death?

2. A random clip of C-SPAN, just to be annoying...

3. I sliced my thumb open on a knife at work while I was cleaning it..

4. My first year h.s. Latin teacher screened Clash of the Titans (the older version) over a two day period...not sure what that had to do with learning Latin, but we enjoyed it..

5. Emma Thompson, hands down..

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tags @BlackOpium & @Kiwi2016 :)
Cool & fun q's, I think I can answer most of them.

This is WAY too hard but ok I guess I would just want to ask god or whoever the creator of life is what the meaning of life is.

No idea sorry.

Haven't been injured much thankfully but the only time I ever needed stitches was pretty dumb which was from walking on rocks going down a hill, slipping and falling on them and pretty much landing on my knee. Didn't really do it "by choice" since they were all over the sidewalk but anyway I honestly did not know it's basically like walking on bloody marbles. I'm now extremely careful whenever walking either up or down any hills, don't ever want such a thing to happen again cos it was very painful.

No idea on this either lol sorry but haven't been in school since high school which was close to 20 years ago now.

Lol this is prob. pretty obvious but Mark Hamill for sure :) ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

Serious answer from me. What is my purpose, why am I here since I am not very connected to humanity or the society around me.

Joke one because I do enjoy humor. A commercial starring Ed O'Neill(Al Bundy) complete in his Polk High football uniform asking the TV viewers: Why are you watching these guys? They ain't shit. They just wish they were me when I scored four touchdowns in a single game for Polk High in 1966...made all city!

Serious answer. I had a plug in transistor radio, it was playing and I wanted to unplug it. I could not pull it out with my hands and I used to bite on the caps of coke bottles to open them that way so you can guess what my dumbass did...I got lit up with substances. I was about 6.

Can't remember crazy teachers, I wish I had had one.

Too many to answer and it changes with my mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00