Jim's cafe - Monday.Sept.21/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, has been well over a month since I opened a cafe here so thought I would open it today since one hasn't been opened yet. As usual it's some questions I thought of lol, please only answer what you want or if you just want to post a pic of something you like, or just want to say hi then that's fine too.
Hope you are all well & that you have a great day! :) (I'll post my answers to the q's in a separate post) ;)

Questions:

1. What do you think is one of your best and worst personality traits?
2. Do you believe every person on this planet has a purpose?
3. Do you believe everyone has a soulmate?
4. Do you like reading?
5. How are you feeling right now?
6. What are some of your fave things? (can be anything from things you like to do/hobbies, games, sites, animals, places, etc.)

JMG

Ok I will post my answers to the q's now but if you think of more people to tag please feel free to tag them! :)

Best - That I'm accepting
Worst - That I can sometimes care too much or get impatient.

Everyone except me, yes.

Same answer as for #2.

4. Do you like reading?

Yes :)

Tired, unsure, sad, listless & kinda bored.

6. What are some of your fave things? (can be anything from things you like to do/hobbies, games, sites, animals, places, etc.)

Animals (esp. cats), Star Wars, watching movies or tv shows, Netflix, chocolate, cookies, art, nature, reading, writing, helping others, getting to know people, organizing things, making collages, shopping, yummy food & lots of other things too but these are what I can think of right now anyway lol :p ;)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey, thanks for opening and for the tag @JMG :)

Best - I do my hardest to be kind and to see the best in people.
Worst - I can be lazy

Apart from getting through life.. No.

No, I used to believe in soulmates but not any more.

4. Do you like reading?
I used to love reading but can't concentrate any more. I really miss it.

I've just got home from my therapy session so not great, very tearful.

Spending time with people I love, traveling, animals (as long as they don't have 8 legs), gardening, baking, drinking gin in the sunshine 🌞

I heard a quote today which made me think...

I'd rather adjust to your absence than be frustrated by your presence.

But then I saw this on my Facebook memories which made me laugh..

FB_IMG_1541979832003.jpg

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Thank you for inviting me to the cafe @JMG! I'm not very excited to go to work today hahaha, hope everyones having a brilliant Monday! 😊

If I had to pinpoint my best? My modesty in a sense. My worst is probably being too introspective, I get too existential & never really vent about it. I find comfort in it but also a bit of treachery...

Yes yes yes. We are here for a reason, feel for a reason. I feel like the universe always has a lesson for us in the everyday. I dont know what our purpose is, evidently I think its not just a single answer & /or a simple one.. with our different paths, our purposes could be a variety of things.

Absolutely but I unfortunately see a lot of energies get together that do not mix... I've been there myself. I feel like there is in fact some one for everyone. I just see a lot of folks have very limited perspective these days with such things, if that makes sense.

4. Do you like reading?

Love it. I love poetry the most. Love my horror books, classic literature, history, philosophy, etc. Wish I had more time to do so.

Drained but alright. Very hungry, ready for the work day to be over lol thank you for asking!

My favorite things?? I like lots of things! I'm a huge animal lover, I absolutely love music too. I play bass guitar & one of my favorite things to do is write poems, even if they're not the best. I really like to longboard, used to skateboard more. I'm very fond of deep conversation, nature, art of all sorts. I could go on 😂

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
4. Do you like reading?
1. My best personality traits are probably my intelligence, curiosity, open-mindedness, willingness to learn, and see things from another's perspective. My worst qualities are impulsivity, impatience, too much sensitivity to criticism at times, lack of independence, lack of an established identity (I don't know who the fuck I am or supposed to be at times), not enough confidence in myself, and being overly analytical and perfectionistic at times, letting fear control me at times.

2. Technically, yes. I believe that everyone has a purpose in the biological/evolutionary sense. But if you're referring to some higher purpose that makes life meaningful, that's something that one has to find for themselves. It's not an automatic or guaranteed thing.

3. No, I don't believe in "soul mates" in the sense of there being only one perfect person for everyone, but I do think that there is someone compatible out there for everyone.

4. Yes and no. I like reading because I like learning new things. But I also dislike it because I have trouble concentrating on reading and the lack of motivation to do so at times.

5. Oh, just swell. I have so many problems anymore with both my physical and mental health, and for a 31 year old, that's kind of pathetic. Nevertheless, just got to keep moving forward and keep trying to change my situation because, as the cliche goes, if nothing changes, then nothing changes.

6. Favorite things are:

Music, books, movies, and misc.: My dog, melodic death metal, Kalmah, Burzum, AFI, Blaqk Audio, natural landscapes (mountains, forests, etc,), animals (ferrets deserve a special mention), psychology, theoretical physics, philosophy, showing off my knowledge to others, when I get a good grade for a course, Edgar Allan Poe stories, Bentley Little (author), Tim Burton movies, Alice in Wonderland (the classic version), Beauty and the Beast (also the classic version), animated family movies, horror movies, psychological thrillers, the movie Heathers, the movie Labyrinth, flowers in general, but my favorite is lilac, fireplaces, hot tubs or jacuzzis, working out (sometimes, when I have the motivation to), hazelnut and pumpkin coffee and creamer, pondering the mysteries of the universe (e.g. dark matter, back holes, etc.), the word "fuck", finding new hobbies, learning new things, and of course, a handful of the people here whom I adore.

Food: seafood/sushi/sashimi, salmon (raw or cooked), bacon, cheese (especially sharp cheeses, such as sharp cheddar, cooper sharp cheese, yogurt cheese, sharp parmesan, sharp provolone etc.), hot roast beef sandwich with beef gravy and provolone cheese, hot turkey sandwich with turkey gravy and cheese, lasagna with ricotta cheese--with or without meat, cheese ravioli (with ricotta cheese, topped with mozzarella, and ideally, a white cheese sauce rather than red sauce), manicotti or stuffed shells (with ricotta and simple red or white sauce), fried chicken (from KFC, Popeye's, or Church's Chicken), roast beef or roast pork, Philly cheesesteaks (from Steve's, Delassandro's, and Wit or Witout), cheesesteak stromboli, Alfredo pasta (with shrimp or chicken), prosciutto and other similar cured meats, red and black caviar, filet mingon/rib eye/ T-bone steaks (cooked medium or medium-well), steak quesadilla from Taco bell, McDonald's sausage and bacon McGriddles, chinese and japanese food, certain Russian foods, cheesecake (especially pumpkin), fruit smoothies, cupcakes, vanilla, pumpkin and cheesecake flavored ice cream, soft serve vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

I probably missed a whole lot of shit, but I'm tired of writing :P

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
One of the best... I guess I'm not judgmental at all, I'll always do my best to understand, so it takes a lot for me to think badly of someone.
One of the worst... I give up too easily. I'm not strong.

I don't believe in an intrinsic purpose other than staying alive for the time you're allowed to on Earth. But people have happier lives if they find some personal meaning to it, so it's good to have some idea.

I believe everyone can find a partner if they want to, and if they make each other happy and healthy, they can call each other soulmates (if they want to), sure. It's a beautiful thought to have and a way to appreciate that opportunity to genuinely love and be loved by that person.
But I don't believe in soulmates as in there is 'one' person in the world for you and once you find them, it's some kind of unique fairytale or something. I find that belief to be incorrect, limiting and too often damaging, while the purpose is making each other happier, right? Not believing in soulmates doesn't take away the magic and beauty of your romantic relationship at all, on the contrary, I think it reinforces it.

4. Do you like reading?
I love reading. I should get back to it, as depression has not allowed me to focus properly. I used to read 3-4 books per week, now I need to read one sentence about 3-4 times before visualizing the story. It's very frustrating and makes me sad.

Like I've been crying and panicking all morning, but better I guess. Distracting myself to get back on track?

Heavy metal, nature, books, arts, languages, sciences, philosophy, love, SF, helping people, learning... My friends.

Last edited:

KindaOtiose

I like the progression of the images - kind of summarizes how I felt today lol. Thanks for the invite @JMG.

What do you think is one of your best and worst personality traits?
Best - Honesty. I'm not a big fan of lying, and I don't do it often.
Worst - I'm guessing I can be quite annoying lol.

Do you believe every person on this planet has a purpose?
I think everyone can find a purpose.

Do you believe everyone has a soulmate?
I don't believe in "soulmates" but I believe the majority of people can find a partner eventually.

Do you like reading?
Yes. I actually got back into reading books recently. I've always read the news.

How are you feeling right now?
Exhausted.

Have a great rest of your week everyone.

JMG

Tysm to the 6/36 people I tagged who replied here, I appreciate it very much! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
As I said in the OP, please no one who I tagged feel pressured at all to answer all the q's, or even any of them, if you'd rather just post a pic of something you like or talk about whatever is on your mind (or just say hi!) that is totally fine too! :) ;)
You guys who replied here are def. some of the nicest and best people here imo for sure, I cannot ever possibly express my gratitude to you enough, you are all very awesome imo! :) *hug*hug*hug

Just had to say, lol to that! I enjoyed reading your whole post immensely (as always, sorry I haven't always said it but I always think it anyway) of course but this is damn hilarious! It's definitely one of my fave things as well, such a great word when no other word in our language will do I think :p There's a really hilarious one my uncle came up with years ago that always made me lmao but I think it would be considered too dirty to post here ha. Let's just say it involved another 4 letter word that started with c and ended with t lol :p

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
. What do you think is one of your best and worst personality traits?

I'm not sure about best. Worst I may overanalyze.

No

No
4. Do you like reading? Yes

The same as I usually dom

animals, museums, looking at dollhouses and miniatures, National Geo magazine, children's book illustrations, colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00