Jim's Cafe Nov. 10, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning or afternoon SF friends. I googled the national day for today and came up with a couple of questions to get us going if you feel like answering.

I hope that you're all doing fine. Can you help me tag? Gotta run to get to work but check back on the sky.

In conjunction with today's National holiday.

1) do you like gardening? What do you plant? What are your favorite flowers?

2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science? What's your favorite subject in school/life?

4) what's your favorite breakfast? Screenshot_20201109-063606_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201109-063318_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201110-065143_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201110-065256_Chrome.jpg

5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about. Thanks

Coffe n honey buns or tea n toast anyone.

Forget me nots.

Tagging @Champagne @Kiwi2016 @SillyOldBear @pooky @Sunspots @Walker @Baywasp @extraterrestrialone @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @MisterBGone @Human Ex Machinae @sinking_ship @JMG @Livelife @Blue Star @BlueGreen

Last edited:

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) flowers roses, yellow or mixed colors

2) Snuffy, cookie monster n count. made this guy below for friends daughter then 2 to put in pumpkin patch. I luv his voice. Vun, Tooo

3) wildlife preservation. Rebuild our planets natural resources

4)order same thing all the time 😆

2 eggs over medium, rye toast

Screenshot_20201110-065536_Photos.jpg

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi @Lane and cafe peeps :)

I've got an endocrinology appointment today but it's at a different hospital to my normal one which has caused some anxiety because I've not been here before. Not having been here I set off early in case I got lost so I'm now sitting in the carpark an hour early *facepalm

National Cupcake Day - sounds perfect!

I love gardening although I have very mixed results. So many flowers I love, it's difficult to pick just one. I love jasmine for its scent, it fills the whole garden. Flowers I love peonies, hellebores, hydrangea and pansies.

2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha
I'm not actually sure I've ever watched an episode of Sesame Street. I used to love The Muppets though.

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science? What's your favorite subject in school/life?
Anything environmental. Renewable energy, recycling waste into useable objects, improving the range of electric cars etc.

4) what's your favorite breakfast?
A full English - sausage, bacon, eggs, black pudding, hash brown, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Ummmm. I'm hungry now.

Last edited:

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
[QUOTE="Lane, post: 2114373, member: 49273"
]1) do you like gardening? What do you plant? What are your favorite flowers?
nope

Elmo

better mental health meds and care

4) what's your favorite breakfast?[
food
/QUOTE]

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening and the tag @Lane....

I do love gardening and years ago had a great vegetable garden...now with my husband who is a serious gardener we have flowers, drought tolerant plants (being in southern California)...don't think I have favorite flowers are there are so many beautiful ones for every season...mums, daffodils, clematis, butterfly bush

Would have to go with Grover....loved his flying segments and crash landings as a kid....

A true understanding of mental health....as there is still so much science doesn't know and more research can hopefully lead to true advancements in the understanding, medications, etc etc.

Favorite subject was history as we can learn so much from the past as many of the trials and tribulations of life have not changed over the centuries

4) Favorite breakfast --- toss up between bacon & pancakes (love syrup on bacon) or lox/bagels and smoked white fish

Wishing all a great day!

tagging @begerac @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @1964dodge @auburnfrog @februaryfriday @Nick @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @Winslow @Champagne @Auri @may71 @Lara_C

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I've never done any gardening, I'm sure it's very rewarding though. But let's face it, I'd look pretty silly wearing one of those big sun bonnets.
2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character?
Oscar the Grouch
Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha
The only one I hated when I was a little kid was Big Bird. I thought he looked like a big weirdo.
3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science?
Commercially viable fusion power would be nice.
What's your favorite subject in school/life?
In school my favorite subject was history. In life it's...I dunno...me, I guess.
Cheese omelet, bacon and hot buttered toast.
5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about. Thanks
A loaf of bread I baked at home a few months ago during my lockdown. Not my best work:)
bread.jpg

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Good morning or afternoon SF friends. I googled the national day for today and came up with a couple of questions to get us going if you feel like answering.
good morning Lane - happy to be here! thanks!

let me get to the really important stuff first: flowers are very important and these are a few of my favorites...

dandelions! sunflower, hypocerta, aphelandra, goldenrod, white clover, wildflowers in general, iris, chrysanthemum, btw a few of these are all in the same family which is called the daisy family or better still asteraceae family. i also like water lilies and tiger lilies. so we have here two wild cats amongst my favorites, and a goldfish and a psychiatrist. can you guess the psychiatrist?

1) do you like gardening? sigh, i wish i had a garden. on the fifth floor that is not likely! we have lots of potted plants in our living room as close to the windows as possible though, and a few more on the balcony. What do you plant? maranta, arelia - (balfour and another i call parsley) fig - of at least two types, china evergreen croton, pothos, and more! What are your favorite flowers? well its worth saying again... dandelions! and see a few more above!!!

2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha Sesame Street... i’m troubled by... and i think they tried in a half assed way to improve... the female characters! like... wasn’t it only one for the first 75 years? poor miss piggy. i have a better vision of females and think they should be more appropriate about it!!! but to answer without saying i hate the Sesame crew all together, cookie monster really knows whats good in life so cm is ok i guess.

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science? mental healthcare - that recognizes that every patient is not a textbook case. meds are not the only way. diagnoses stigmatize more than help. doctors have to study being open minded and not the narrow closed minded people they often tend to be.
What's your favorite subject in school/life? poetic prose, poetry, writing, music, art, science, spirituality. these i guess are primarily “in life”; school was never something i was able to handle well in terms of learning, studying, staying awake!

4) what's your favorite breakfast? bagels and cream cheese and lox!; sunnyside up eggs w/bacon, buttered wheat or rye toast & home fries; wheatena; any of these served with fresh squeezed orange juice to start (or orange juice mixed with buttermilk or yogurt), and then black coffee or black coffee with cream floating on top served with the main course of course!!!

Now, about these special National Days - since on my birthday when i was 32, nyc started using 2 area codes, i really think area code day should be on my birthday. but today is ok too i guess.

forget me not is a flower! that is very important! so of course i’m very glad to see the day for them here today Lane. and it is a good sentiment too!

Happy Birthday Marine Corps!

and yay for vanilla cup cakes!

ok ok here is a yay of sesame street too and

science for peace and development, i really do believe hinges on mental health as i mentioned above.

i see a Q5 i nearly overlooked:
5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about. Thanks IMG_20201108_133244.jpg
got warm outside and look who shows up!!!

IMG_20201031_154029.jpg
a more colorful day than my first post of this!!!

... or 3 😊
IMG_20170903_154440.jpg

a kindred spirit i once met

Coffee n honey buns or tea n toast anyone. Yes Please! t & t 😊

its sunny outside here today and that is good on such an important day!!!
🌞🌞🌞

Last edited:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about.
Totally missed this bit..

Taken last week at the beach. I love the sea, I could watch it all day.
IMG_20201104_141855.jpg

This is Puna. My daughter has been hand training her for the last year, trying to get her to stand still and let the keepers vaccinate her through the mesh so that they don't need to sedate her. She absolutely adores Izzy and runs across the enclosure to her as soon as she hears her voice.
IMG_20200715_150813.jpg

cymbele

SF Supporter
Good evening. Little bit of work left to do before bed (I am working from home nowadays). But I am taking a break so here I am... :)

I like gardening but gardens don't grow well with me. But I have a bleeding heart plant that has survived.

I haven't watched Sesame Street in a lots of years but I remember that I liked them all.

4) what's your favorite breakfast? Lately cottage cheese and an English Muffin

here is a picture of a clock. It was supposed to take a weekend to build it ;it took me the better part of the year. I cried, watched pieces break and be replaced, my woodworking friends had no clue how to assemble and I whined about it here on SF it has numerous oops but very few will note them. But it is done. It is a gift for my daughter. IMG_1579.JPG

Have a great day SF

kat319

SF Supporter
1) do you like gardening? What do you plant? What are your favorite flowers? I love tulips, roses and orchids.

2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha My favorite is the Cookie Monster.

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science? What's your favorite subject in school/life? I would like to see science make more advances in curing all types of cancer. My favorite subject in school was English and writing.

4) what's your favorite breakfast? Scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, and coffee.

5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about. I'm on my laptop. If I think of it, I'll post something later.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) do you like gardening? What do you plant? What are your favorite flowers? More farming here and just about anything edible is a favorite.

2) who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Do you hate them all? It's ok. Ha I can't really remember them too much now.

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science? What's your favorite subject in school/life? All aspects of medical and health. History and biography are my favorites plus I always have liked science, especially math.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I never have before, but I like lilacs.

Oscar and Cookie Monster.

To make more advances in mental health treatment. I liked English in school.

Eggs and bacon.

5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you dont mind sharing and tell about.
Nothing interesting on there right now. haha

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tags @Lane & @Kiwi2016 :) I tag: @KindaOtiose @StrangeRanger @Road to Nowhere @foreverforgotten @Jolene think all the other regulars were already tagged, sorry if someone was forgotten.

Never done it but don't think I'd have the patience for it. If I could plant any kind of flowers I wanted I'd want to plant roses, tulips, pansies, carnations and daisies.

Oscar or maybe big bird, haven't watched that show since I was 5 lol.

Mental health related things as most others here have said. My fave subject in school was English and art.

Eggs benedict or bacon & eggs is great too.

5) can you post a pic or two from your phone that you don't mind sharing and tell about.

The "pic from my phone" thing doesn't really apply to me but these are a couple recent pix I took of my kitty anyway :)

bella2020.png
^ One of her by the sink, she's fascinated by water.

bella20201.png
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ;)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
here is a picture of a clock. It was supposed to take a weekend to build it ;it took me the better part of the year. I cried, watched pieces break and be replaced, my woodworking friends had no clue how to assemble and I whined about it here on SF it has numerous oops but very few will note them. But it is done. It is a gift for my daughter.
Good job, nice clock. Congrats on finally getting it done. I see you kept the axe handy in case you got fed up and decided to give your daughter the gift of kindling, for her fireplace:)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good evening. Little bit of work left to do before bed (I am working from home nowadays). But I am taking a break so here I am... :)

I like gardening but gardens don't grow well with me. But I have a bleeding heart plant that has survived.

I haven't watched Sesame Street in a lots of years but I remember that I liked them all.

4) what's your favorite breakfast? Lately cottage cheese and an English Muffin

here is a picture of a clock. It was supposed to take a weekend to build it ;it took me the better part of the year. I cried, watched pieces break and be replaced, my woodworking friends had no clue how to assemble and I whined about it here on SF it has numerous oops but very few will note them. But it is done. It is a gift for my daughter. View attachment 40191

Have a great day SF
That is fine work with the clock. I love the old style clock face types and numbers for the time like you built.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Howdy once again everyone! Thank you so much for the tag @JMG & thanks for the cafe fun today @Lane, kinda surprised how many national days of things there are :D

I do like gardening! I just never have the time to make it a dedicated hobby.. if I did however I would grow so many flowers. My favorite flowers are poppies primarily. The tattoo I've been wanting to cover my scars us three big ones, the art is superb. I love all types of flowers really, they're magnificent. 💐

Growing up I was a huge fan of Oscar, Cookie Monster & Big Bird for sure. Crazy to see the show is still running!

3) What would you like to see as improve or be created in the area of science?

I would like to see cures for cancers & climate change above other things for sure, if it is ever possible.

What's your favorite subject in school/life?

I was such a sucker for guitar class. It was awesome the teacher encouraged me to bring my bass in. Never forgot that. It was the ine class I actually looked forward to everyday 🎶🎸

I don't eat a lot of breakfast usually but crepes are always delicious in the morning 🥞☀️

Hope you all have had a lovely week so far! I'll tag a few : @bubblebear @SantiagoRC @BlueGreen @angelicupstart @BritishBloke @Optimistic Goatman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00