Jim's Cafe - October 1, 2019 - Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
WooHoo - it is finally October.

Although we are still running high temps of upper 80s for most of the week, while the northern part of the US is having a blizzard. Go figure!

But I have hopes Fall is actually, almost, kinda, here in Texas

What is your favorite thing about Fall?

The cooler weather means I can go outside and enjoy nature and also that I can run errands without the cabin of my car being 109F (seriously that is how hot the interior of a car can get parked outside in Texas).

Fall means beef stew! I already have one in my fridge ready to go!

Plus this year for some reason I'm not entirely sure of, I am looking forward to the holiday season. (I hope that lasts).

Thanks for the tag @Angie

Fall, or autumn if you prefer, is a beautiful time of year here in Wisconsin. The trees start to change colors and many people come here just to see them. I'll refrain from mentioning having to rake up all the leaves, but jumping in leaf piles is lots of fun! Also (although mine are all grown) kids are back in school, for which many parents breathe a sigh of relief! Lol
To me this is the perfect time of year. I can wear shorts with a hoodie, I'm not a sweaty mess, fires in the firepit, and best of all...NO MOSQUITOES!!
autumn1.gif

Bbear82

my favorite part of fall is the beauty of the seasons changing. the colors and the falling of leaves. its like the world becomes a new sheds its summer coat and changes to the wonderful colors and changes of fall/Autumn.

@Angie thanks for opening the café this very cold morning for me... wish I had the heat we were at 31 degrees this morning with ice on the car windows!!

Sleeper71

Fall is my favorite season. I love the changing colors and the cooler temps. I’d be happy if I could where a sweatshirt all year long! I love that I can be outside without getting eaten alive by bugs or having to check for ticks. Fall also means that the tourist season is over and I can finally enjoy my little town again. I’m lucky (to me anyway) that I live in a rural part of my state where I’m surrounded by thousands of acres of public land so that makes for some really beautiful scenery.

bag_of_struggles

This is my second fall. I'm really excited to see all the leaves change color's again. It was so beautiful the first time. And I guess I love Halloween so it's almost time for spooky jackolanterns. But the best part is it'll finally be chilly enough for me to drink hot chocolate and sit in the park without feeling to hot. I love feeling all cozy like that before it gets cold.

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
What is your favorite thing about Fall?
The brown leaves fall into piles upon the ground.The autumn sky is blue and clouds floating high.The winds getting cooler and cooler and I can smell the harvest.The temperature is not as high as before...
And I'll go to enjoy Autumn scenes today! I mean hours later...because it's 5am now!

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~

bag_of_struggles

Okay now you have to describe what that is. I could Google it but that’s no fun!
Hehe, it's not famous. It's just something my local coffee shop whipped up. It's a latte with of course... wait for it... pumpkin spice. Also there is spiced brown sugar and cinnamon. Usually I don't drink flavored drinks but the theme pulled me in. I have to get the drink named Kruger. They also have ones this month named Michael and Jason.
I don't like donuts but you best believe when Dunkin renames the jelly filled donuts holes Vampire Bites that I now want ten.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Apart from everything everyone mentioned, I kinda like the clothing. Boots, coats, comfy sweaters, scarves, darker colours...

I also wear my thermos with tea/coffee everywhere I go...

It's also concert season in my country, there's always the most of them in the autumn and this year's gonna definitely rock! :)

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
It's also concert season in my country, there's always the most of them in the autumn and this year's gonna definitely rock! 
You must have a very very very very very great time then, Auri!*stars*stars*starsAnd how I admire you...I will have a no weekend autumn (well in fact I have but only half a day every week) and now I'm on my last holiday this term. So I'm looking forward to many albums!*stars

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Lots of things, even if it is my third favorite season. :P I just prefer the warmer time of year more, but it is nice to have it a bit cooler after that. I like to be able to wear hoodies and stuff again. I like seeing the leaves change vibrant colors, and it can be beautiful up here. I like how everything is pumpkin or apple or caramel, and I like Halloween.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Being Tennessee, we really do not have Fall. It will not really get below 80 F until mid November. The leaves just get dry, and they fall to the grown. It was 93 F today, and I can see leaves on the ground. Showing a Fall day with racking up the leaves in your summer shorts is not the ideal thoughts of a Fall season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00