jims cafe october 19/20 saturday and sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok a strange theme today obviously you can be in only one age goup so your opinion on others. try to keep it a positive subject

1. what is the hardest part and best part of being a child up 12 years
2. what is the best and worst part of being a teen up to high school graduation.
3. best and worst of young adulthood and what it's like
4. same as 3 but for middle age
5. when we get older and start having age isssues what is good about our life and how can we cope.
6. bonus question. how do you cope with all the mistakes you made in life and any mental health issues as well as physical ones (try to be positive)

answer these questions from your past, present, or what you think about the future....mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
1. my childhood was a good one. my parents weren't poor but had to be careful with money.my parents thought school was important but thought the most important thing was to give your children a good moral core.
2.teen years: oh was that a tough time for my parents. I was wild but at least I still had respect and love for others.
3. young adult: when I was 21 I got married and started having children, that was a hard but very joyful time for me.
4. middle age: I was more career conscious and also became a union president so I could help a lot of people at once. also started doing more charity work. also making sure my kids were brought up with the same moral core that I was.
5. older: yea that sucks sometimes the last stage. I found that we have more issues at this age but we are wise enough to put our issues in perspective. I look for any joy that I can find and try to stay happy. it's also a time to reflect on our life and i'm happy with mine.
bonus: I made a lot of mistakes in my life, we all do, some severe some minor. I look at it this way I can't change past mistakes so I think I learned from them and moved on. and I wouldn't be the man I am today without the mistakes I made, they're part of who I am. and I do have some mental health issues, minor and physical ones. I learned to keep fighting to get better and never give up. I also learned to accept my limitations. it is all part of the book of life starting at birth that we all must deal with. and to never suffer alone, reach out...mike

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The best part up to 12 is finding silly things amusing, being excited about a lot of things that become insignificant when an adult and life is bliss, carefree and happy with lots of hobbies and you are kept distracted all the time, I'd give anything to go back to that lol :)

Hardest part was trying to fit in, well just about going into adolescence and becoming a teen, that is when the problems start lol

Thanks for the tag :)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ty for the tag @1964dodge & cool q's :) Only people I can think of not already tagged are @Sunday16 @dtc @Were all together

1. what is the hardest part and best part of being a child up 12 years? Gonna keep this short & simple by saying worst/hardest part of being a kid under 12 was my evil stepwench from hell. Best part was when I could see my mom & sis & not have to be near my stepwench so I could just be free to feel what I was feeling without fear.
2. what is the best and worst part of being a teen up to high school graduation? Best was that I could eat whatever I wanted & didn't have to worry about any physical pain type consequences of it. Worst was how extremely insecure I was & just being in school cos did not enjoy school at all and was a terrible student.
3. best and worst of young adulthood and what it's like? Best is def. just the freedom to do what you want, when you want (within means). Worst is all the rest of the responsibility of "adulting" as they say lol.
4. same as 3 but for middle age? Dunno not there yet, but I imagine one of the best things about it must be that you worry a lot less about dumb, unimportant things and the worst must be...hmm...not sure I guess but if there's health problems then that must suck pretty damn bad.
5. when we get older and start having age isssues what is good about our life and how can we cope. Remembering the good times I would think and definitely trying extremely hard to stay positive and focused on good things rather than dwelling or negative kinds of things.
6. bonus question. how do you cope with all the mistakes you made in life and any mental health issues as well as physical ones (try to be positive) Not very well I don't think, I'm basically kind of avoidant and my way of dealing with things I'm not happy with in some way is a mix of that, denial, repression and when all those fail then I do tend to take more drastic measures sometimes. Anything that dulls the pain of it short of...well...what the theme of this forum is about...ya...oh and also I'm on an antidepressant which does help a bit, not as much as it did when I first started it but I HAVE been taking it for over a decade now. Luckily don't have many "physical" health issues overall but the main one I had a few years ago I have been trying very hard to make sure it never happens again by not eating certain things that trigger it happening again, so far so good, hope to keep it that way forever cos can never ever experience that level of pain again that's for sure.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I can't change past mistakes so I think I learned from them and moved on. and I wouldn't be the man I am today without the mistakes I made, they're part of who I am.
I've been trying to keep this perspective in mind. It's so hard sometimes though. I've made some huge errors in my life. Thing some find unforgivable. No faster way to make people disappear from my life than tell them about my past.

All that said, my past did make me who I am today. It did give me perspective I couldn't have otherwise gained. I can see past the mistakes of others. Your deepest darkest secret isn't going to phase me. It isn't going to change my perspective of you. That statement has been put to the test a time or two, and I've never come back and said ... yeah sorry that crossed my line. The only exception here is if you are currently doing something that endangers others. I'm not going to throw you out right off, but we're going to need to discuss that and what you plan to do to resolve that situation.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The best part is having no responsibilities. The worst are not being able to do what you want, having curfews and bedtimes.

2. what is the best and worst part of being a teen up to high school graduation.
The best is that you have more freedom, the worst is the changes you go through, and it's worse if you are bullied.

It's better because you can finally do what you want and don't have to answer to anyone. But if you don't have your shit together, then people start to question you. Especially if you haven't accomplished as much as your peers.

I think the best thing is you have been through enough of life to stop worrying what others think of you. But the health problems that start to arrive in middle age can be a pain.

5. when we get older and start having age issues what is good about our life and how can we cope.
I would say try to look at the bright side of things. You've made it this far, you're a warrior and can't be taken down so easily.

6. bonus question. how do you cope with all the mistakes you made in life and any mental health issues as well as physical ones (try to be positive)
I can't turn back the clock so I can only move on from what's happened and focus on the present and future and how it could be better.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm going to try here, but my childhood and teen years (okay my whole life) is not "normal"
The hardest part was my home life and some other stuff we won't get into.
The best part was learning. While I often tried to cheat the system at school to get out of work, I really did enjoy learning. My grades were poor, so you wouldn't have guessed it.

The worst part was always getting busted for doing stupid stuff. I was smart enough not to get caught, but I just didn't care. I kept trying to get kicked out of school, but they would never do it.
The best part was finally graduating!

The worst part was trying to manage all the things I had going on. I got divorced at 21 and had to figure out how to juggle a lot of balls while appearing to be the strongest of them all.
The best part was exploring a new relationship. Really understanding who I was for the first time. I didn't come to accept who I am until more recently, and sometimes I still don't, but that was when I really knew.

The worst part is watching everyone else and knowing that won't ever be me
The best part is finally finding people. There's so much more to this, but I've already got a book started here so we'll leave it.

5. when we get older and start having age issues what is good about our life and how can we cope.
Well ... I might not be considered older, but I've got the age issues lol
The best part is finally realizing that job, status or whatever don't really matter. It's not what's important in life.
The worst part is knowing that health issues just are and will always be, and the ups and downs are part of it.

I've already answered the mistakes piece in another post, so we won't rehash that.
Mental health issues, I'm trying to make positive decisions to improve my mental health.
Physical health issues, of course I cope better on the good days. The last few weeks it's been a rough go. I try to press forward each day and do what needs doing, or like today just do nothing because doing anything was not happening.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
answer these questions from your past, present, or what you think about the future....

Hmm. Hardest part was trying to exist I guess. I didn't know that trying was what made it so hard. Best part? I guess sitting in my secret place enjoying solitude. Yeah, that or eating pomegranates.

2. what is the best and worst part of being a teen up to high school graduation?

Worst and best part was gazing admiringly from afar at Paulette.

3. best and worst of young adulthood and what it's like.

Worst was falling so deeply into self harm. Best, believe I was on some kind of positive good path.

best believing I found safety. Worst... Let's move on to the next part of the question.

5. when we get older and start having age isssues what is good about our life and how can we cope.

My writing. Eating food I love. Music, no matter how far it was drifting away from me. These help me to cope. Being here helps me to cope. My health issues are chasing after me. That's how they behave. I'm not so great with the positive attitude, but I still thumb my nose at them, hijacker included and do my best to not let them get me for as long as possible.

Shelly

SF Supporter
- hardest part: reviewing lessons for exams
- best part: watching cartoons in the morning with no worries for your life or the world

- worst part: school, fake friends/users
- best part: getting to know myself, loosing weight

- best: meeting temporary people that really left a mark and learned from them
- worst: meeting the worst people, learning I can’t even trust my family

I’m still growing up, figuring out who i am, what i want, and where do i belong

- N/A

- age issue is always an issue regardless how old or how young you are.
- Best way you can cope with what life throws at you is your experience, use that to your full advantage.

- i learn from others here, i learn as i go. What’s done is done, you can’t really undo your past, the best you can do from it is learn from your mistakes so you don’t repeat it and know that no matter what age you are you can start over, move on and be better.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00