Jim's Cafe - Saturday 15th October

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Good morning lovely café peeps! It is a very grey and dreary Saturday here so far - definitely the kind of day to pep up with some bacon!

I also think that it is time for some entertainment around these parts s0 @Rockclimbinggirl , @Petal and @Witty_Sarcasm will be performing their much talked about punk-rock-belly-dance-fusion followed by @DrownedFishOnFire leading the open mic night with his award winning rendition of My Heart Will Go On, originally by Celine Dion.

Please reply here with the song you will be singing for us today, so that we can be sure that @Cicada has the music at the ready. (I did hear that he would be performing some opera for us as well, so keep your ears peeled for that treat!)

@Acy has written a rap especially for the occasion - I am sure that she can be bribed with chocolate brownies to give us a sneak peak...

Have a fantabulous day folks!

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

So I will also be performing a science experiment. Coke and mentos.

@Freya will be on cleaning duty :p

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No chance of them belly-dancing to Firestarter by The Prodigy for starters. Get the blood pumping....!!! Lol :)

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Freya Yikes! Rap? Me? I listen to classical music all day. lol

All right. Best I could do (on short notice, and first thing on a Saturday a.m. to boot!):

Here we are on SF
    And no we ain’t deaf
    We might be depressed
    But so are our guests
    Here on SF

Ain’t no time to cry
    Ain’t no time to die
    Here on SF
    We are pro-life
    So stop all that strife

Life will be better
    Buy a new sweater
    Keep yourself warm
    Make yourself hot
    ‘Cos life’s worth a lot.

Here we are on SF
    All the members and guests
    We’re all trying hard
    To find our own way
    Each and every day,
    To have a good time
    And make a happy rhyme.

It’s the time of our life

And it’s good.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wanted to choose rap, here's my verse

Sf is our place
    we know life ain't a race
    we go at our own pace
    for our motherfucking grace.

We are big daddy strong
    that's why I write this song
    hey I ain't reaching for no bong
    that's plenty wrong
    so please join along and make us a song.

SF is our master so I rhyme this faster
    I can fly with one wing, please all join in and sing
    life is for living and trying
    not for giving up and sighing.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Petal, that's wonderful! Your has a "real" rap feel with the swearwords and the drug references. LOL! I love it! :)

Inanimate and Petal like this.
  7. Petal

Awww thanks, love yours too, yeah I used the drug reference and swear words to beef it up a bit lol

8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hahahahaha! OMG! I knew that @Acy was totally gangsta but who knew that @Petal was also a badass rapper? Literally brought tears to my eyes. Love it.

Petal likes this.
  9. Petal

I am glad you like it hun, yup totally hip hop gansta I can be at times you do not expect :p So you respect ;)

10. Unknown_111

Sure you not from North Wezzy like that English rapper called "HONEY G" in the old country over the sea called Engerland

Petal likes this.
  11. Unknown_111

Just for the dancers.... I'm sorry but could not resist it. I'm banned.

12. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I had practice today... kind of. We went to the student center fitness room because there was softball going on at our practice field. I was originally nervous because I haven't been hitting the gym as much as I should since I never know what to do while I'm there, but a couple of the guys were helping me out. Almost nobody showed up (probably missed the Facebook post, which I would have done if one of the guys hadn't been there and brought me back downtown himself), so it was kind of nice and quiet. Most of my "favorite" teammates were there though. Would have preferred a regular practice at the field, but it was still nice.

Now I'm eating peanut butter with these little mini crackers. Might be all I eat today. Or maybe I'll go to McDonald's and take advantage of their 2 for $3 deal if they still have that. Kind of struggling with money and food. But it'll be okay.

I wanna get in on the open mic. I don't have an original rap or anything, but I can sing this:

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah Unknown, I can belly dance to that song, why not? Need some excitement on my day off :D

Unknown_111 likes this.
  14. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I have just come back from a maker fair. So I think I will get a robot to do the dancing for me :)

Unknown_111 likes this.
  15. Unknown_111

Phew.!!! About the dancing..!!! ;)