Jim's cafe Saturday 16th July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good afternoon everyone. Starting the cafe a bit later today than usual.So, it is saturday....let the fun begin :D

What has everyone got planned for the weekend? As for me just leaving the house is tough but I will get there :) Feel free to post links of good entertainment from youtube, im sure we could all use a giggle & laugh =)

Have an amazing day all :)

calvinandhobbs, __d and iam like this.
  2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good morning SF! (it's morning here). My ex is here finishing up on some construction work for me. He is out of work so it;s a win win situation...I get the work done and he gets paid because I can since I'm still working. That means though I can't leave the house because I need him to use his trailer to get rid of the construction debris and he needs me to have access to the dump. It makes me sad though - feeling like we could've made the marriage work if'n I hadn't been playing around with my meds that keep me stable (I'd stop taking them once I felt better and didn't have therapy support). But what's done is done and we are not argumentative like some couples are. I didn't mean to blurt all this out. It is just the focus of my day.
    Tomorrow I go to church and then to kayaking with my sister. hopefully we can go somewhere where we can swim.
    More than I intended to write.
    Have a good day

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. I went to the bank and on my way back I stopped at a Farmer's Market and bought some strawberries. Yum. :D Hanging out with a friend later today.

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  4. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

It's afternoon here. Listening to the test match from Lords. A guy arrived from Kent to buy my jukebox for £200, he was very happy with it. Lunch was a mediterranean tuna salad and feta-stuffed peppadews followed by blueberry cheesecake. Thoughts of termination are still with me but they are a distant nag, it is good that I am aware and continue positively, keeping myself busy and not to dwell on things. Used a sunbed this morning and that always feels good - actually the sun has made an appearance today - I was thinking about contacting lost property.

__d and calvinandhobbs like this.
  5. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a really stressful day. Today's a little bit better. Listening to music nonstop, as usual.

6. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Very tired and desperately in need of a full nights sleep that just wont come. Helped my son today which always makes me feel a little better about myself. Got a few things to do about this place tomorrow, so no rest until Monday unless I am lucky.

7. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

May each of you have some joy today, even if a warm thought from a far away stranger who's thinking of you . I, too, cannot sleep lately. Maybe 3 hours max then up for s couple, then snooze. Listening to the rain and thunder while tucked in bed reading .

8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today was supposed to be a fun day. I went to the San Francisco Giants store to buy a new tee shirt, but they didn't have the one I wanted. So I guess I'll wait til I move then order it online. I had lunch at the same shopping center, which was nice. Then I went across the street to a different shopping area because I just found out there was a bookstore there I'd never been to. However, that bookstore was boring and didn't have much of what I was looking for, so I went to a cooler bookstore less than a mile away (well, I might've walked more than a mile because I took a less convenient path than the one Google Maps points out.) On the way, I got really dejected for some reason and decided nothing in the world matters at all. But I still went on. I bought 4 books, which were surprisingly expensive. When I walked home, I stopped for tea, but the plum fruit tea I got was kind of gross. I drank about half of it then sat it down next to a trash can in case someone else wanted to pick it up and hopefully enjoy it. Not too happy right now.

Later I have to move my books because I now have too many to fit in their current spot. All I want to do is watch TV and mope, though.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good evening everybody. just usual work this weekend. campus very quiet and nothing in particular causing problems. lots of rain lately.

10. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

At the Dugout Store? Okay I looked it up, I love stuff like this, somewhere you're not sure of, look it up on Google Maps! Reason for interest though, a friend on another forum is a Giants fan and was teaching me a bit about baseball, or at least tried to, so I have seen AT&T Park on tv watching a couple of games. When I got the idea I decided to pick a baseball team to follow and for whatever reason decided on Padres and I see that the Giants have just played them. In the UK they don't show baseball, they have a soccer programme but not baseball, the only way I got to see MLB was when ESPN covered it here.

calvinandhobbs and baywasp like this.
  11. baywasp

That's cool that your friend's a Giants fan! I've been into AT&T Park twice and walked near it a few more times; it's a beautiful ballpark. My first Giants game ever was last year, and I think they played the Padres, actually. The Giants won by a lot.

12. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

@baywasp I think he lived over Oakland way too so watched games mostly on the tv network? Must be nothing like being there though. I remember thinking wow that is so close to the sea, the stadium, bet the ball has been slung in there a few times! A bit like in London there us a football team called Fulham whose ground is right by the river. I read your entry again and using street view I could probably walk around the shopping area you went, actually I remember doing something like this before looking down on the Golden Gate Bridge!

13. baywasp

Yeah, I think they keep a count of how many home runs get hit into the water (I wanna say they call them "splash hits" when it's done by a Giants player but I'm not positive).

I love walking around with Google Maps street view. Before I moved out here I used to look at it on street view all the time and now I occasionally do it for Pittsburgh, PA so I can be at least a little bit familiar with the area when I move there

14. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I guess I wouldn't walk around using Street View but live sitting indoors on Google Earth. There is a game I like a lot too which uses this kind of thing, let me see if I can find it...

https://geoguessr.com

It's great fun!

While I not like to live in the States I am sure I would like a day shopping downtown in Frisco!

15. baywasp

Oh cool, I'll have to check out that game.

Yeah, SF's a pretty great city to hang out in.

calvinandhobbs and Kid B like this.
  16. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Let me know if you like it. You can literally be anywhere in the world and have to fend for yourself walking around taking in surrounding clues and finally have to pitch a guess in the world map as to where you are.

17. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

That sounds so cool a game! I'll have to google it later. Thank you very much.

18. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

You're welcome. If there was anywhere permanent to stick it on SF I would but you can aleays bookmark the link. I guess there must be an app game similar to it too but I haven't looked to see.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Had a pretty good day, just tired and have a headache. Need to take it easy for a while.

20. Charlotte918

Charlotte918 Member

Hooray for anonymity! Today I stayed around the house in my pajamas while my daughters ran around naked and watched tv. I half-heartedly tried to have the "you should get dressed" argument. Trying my hand at sugar dating and managed to land a very nice potential date for this coming week. Still can't hold a regular job, so I continue to put my effort into the things I can do. Each day I try to do something in a way that I haven't done before and I also try to do one thing that has recently been successful for me.