Jim's Cafe - Saturday 21st May

cymbele

SF Supporter
Happy Birthday @Baywasp Many more to come!!!

1. What is the most memorable birthday gift you've ever received and why?
I was having a cookout and my sister brought me a cake for my birthday (It was my 50th). It was a massive cake, with the theme being a river through green icing with a toy kayak on it and a little stick figure for me. Part of it was a carrot cake which she knew I loved.

2. What is the most memorable gift you've ever given? See above

3. If you could have the perfect birthday what would it be like?
The past few years my daughter and I have celebrated by going to the beach 70 miles away (my birthday is in August). Lately we have taken family (her family and I ) to the beach for a long weekend. Sometimes I wish to do a birthday with just her and I.

4. What star sign are you? Do you believe in astrology?
Leo, being an August baby. I can't see how it affects one's personality or future.

5. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous?
dunno

Suppose to be in the low 90's here today much like August weather. I am in good spirits for a change.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Happy birthday @Baywasp hope it’s a good one. *bday

I can answer some of the questions
3. If you could have the perfect birthday what would it be like? Quiet, with family at the beach we actually did this for my last birthday. I deliberately had a bbq on the beach on my birthday just with my husband, kids, sister and niece. I didn’t have my parents there and my brother could t come. It’s complicated but for the first time I did something on the day that I wanted to do rather than doing what was expected of me by other people.

I’m a Virgo, or was until they changed it. Not sure what I am now if we are going with the new signs!

Apparently, Sean Connery, Tim Burton and Claudia Schiffer. Had to look it up to find out.

Happy Saturday everyone. *stars

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
A set of antique cut glass wine glasses. Each one is a different colour. I keep them on a windowsill where the light catches them and make patterns in the room. I still get a kick out of drinking from them. My grandma had a similar set when I was small and I loved looking at them (although I was never allowed to touch!)

2. What is the most memorable gift you've ever given?
A taxidermy two headed black duckling. Or a teach yourself taxidermy kit. Both for my sons girlfriend. I was fairly horrified, she loved them 😂

A warm sunny day at the beach followed by a BBQ in the evening with friends.

I'm a Gemini. No, I don't believe that stars millions of miles away can influence our personalities. I do have a few Gemini traits but I think people can read things into things to fit the narrative.

Queen Victoria, Bob Dylan, Patti LaBelle, Kristen Scott Thomas, Priscilla Presley.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Happy Birthday Baywasp, have a wonderful day!
One of the most memorable birthday gifts was a hot air balloon ride in Crested Butte,Colorado.
Gift to my father.... a star named for my mother the year after she died.
Perfect birthday would be together with friends celebrating each other.
I'm a Virgo sun sign
I happily share the day with Colin Firth.

Last edited:

Harmony

SF Supporter
Happy Birthday, Baywasp I hope it's a great one! 🎈👑🏒

Thank you for the invite @Sunspots. The food looks AMAZING!!!

A surprise birthday party from friends when I turned 21 (although, according to my fake ID)*shh
2. What is the most memorable gift you've ever given? A ski trip for my Dad
Idk, It's been a long, hard week and I just want to get smashed so that's what I'm thinking part of it would entail LOL!
4. What star sign are you? Do you believe in astrology? I'm a Scorpio, I don't really believe in astrology but I do find it entertaining. I have been told by those who are really into it I am a typical Scorpio
5. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous? Calvin Klein, that is why I am such the fashionista lol!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00