Jim's cafe Saturday 23rd July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning folks and what a good morning it is...

Been out to the shops already, got my e-cig top ups and some magazines and drinks :) My point being I got out with zero anxiety, yay =)

I plan to go into the city today and go around the charity shops see if there's anything new in store (I find it hard to buy clothes in regular stores cos of my weight). Bought a beautiful red and black top last week in the cancer society shop :)

It's my turn to make SF breakfast, would you like pancakes, a full irish,full english or some jambons? :)

Wishing you all a fabulous day x
    Rockclimbinggirl and iam like this.
  2. iam

iam SF Supporter

Good for you Petal.

I would like pancakes, a full Irish, a full English, don't know what jambons are but throw some of them in for me too:)
  3. Petal

iam likes this.
  4. iam

iam SF Supporter

I feel like I've been living under a rock now. I think after pancakes full Irish and full English I could only manage about 5 of those:p
    Petal likes this.
  5. Petal

hahaha <3 you're only getting 1 :p don't be greedy :p
    iam likes this.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I didn't know what a full English, full Irish, or a jambon was (well, I know jambon is French for ham, but I didn't know about those little pastry things or whatever that picture is of.) Makes sense since I'm in the US. But from what I've read and the pictures I've looked at, a full English sounds good :)

Today I'm going to probably go to my favorite Chinese bakery if I'm not too tired. Then in the early-ish afternoon I have an appointment with my nurse practitioner to go over my blood test results and just wrap things up. I'm probably going to sleep soon. Normally I'd wait til later to post; I just felt like getting in here while we were still talking about breakfast.
    DrownedFishOnFire and Petal like this.
  7. Petal

I hope you have a lovely day @baywasp :) Good luck with your appointment :) Get some rest and then enjoy your chinese later on, have a good one :)
    baywasp likes this.
  8. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Have a grand day out Petal and hope you find some more clothes that you like. I only have 36" waist jeans and am now only a 32" waist, so everything is just hanging off me like rags. I could hug the one who invented the humble belt. Without that, I am screwed. So will maybe get myself to the charity shops next week see if I can find some trousers/jeans that actually fit.

Got to help my son out at some point, so will disappear with him later. Hope to get back this evening at some point.

Have a great day folks if at all possible, take care and be safe.
    Petal likes this.
  9. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Hope your Saturday goes alright people.

It's almost dinner time for little miss so will be doing that soon.

I can't seem to shake the feelings and thoughts I'm getting right now.....I guess is all I can ask of myself is that I do my best with what I get given I guess.
    Let's hope I can get a decent sleep tonight!
    Petal likes this.
  10. Petal

I completely agree hun. Do the best and work with what you do have. ((hugs)) i'm always here for you pet <3
    iam likes this.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Still in bed trying to get motivated to get out of the house and try to eat something. 2 goals to do today. Finish filing paperwork and organize/purge a drawer
    iam likes this.
  12. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

They all sound good. I haven't heard of the jambon either.

Hot and humid here today.
    iam likes this.
  13. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I'll try something new so I'll have a jambon. Although I got a family party going off in a few hours. So I'll serve SF dinner. Now that I'm away from work I'm having a good day.
    DrownedFishOnFire and iam like this.
  14. Petal

Ooooh, that sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you're having a great time, keep us updated! And you MUST try a jambon, most deli's have them, maybe just here though, just cannot believe no one knew what a jambon was lol hugs!
  15. baywasp

I didn't get to go to the Chinese bakery because I was too tired, like I'd thought. I can do that some other time before I leave. I slept up until it was time for my appointment, which went well. My blood test results were mostly fine, and the ones that were outside of normal range had a simple explanation behind it. So I'm healthy, which is awesome.
  16. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Took a nap and too much hours later I'm waken up by thunder and raining. Hope it cools off but knowing the moisture will make it morw humid and miserable in the hot weather

Am thinking of trying to eat something but will weight myself first
  17. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Oh, I love a good thunderstorm. But we don't get very many of them in the Seattle area.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  18. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Weight issues... I just keep liking on the pounds. I am disappointed when I look in the mirror. Sighs. Oh well . May each of you have a nice evening and pleasant dreams . Xo I'm sorry I'm not cheerful
  19. baywasp

Thunderstorms are something I've missed since I moved to the Bay Area. That and snow. Hopefully I won't go back to being scared of storms in Pittsburgh.
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Had a decent day today, just have a headache and generally feel sick and weak. Hope it goes away soon.