• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Saturday 28th November 🎀

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good evening, no cafe today peeps? So, in the run up to Christmas how are you feel about it all after a super tough year? Looking forward to it? Who will you spend it with? I have all my xmas shopping done, now just to wrap and make them look pretty lol I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1606586998940.png 1606587019261.png 1606587027786.png

Psychology facts you might be interested in...

1. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%, and this marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
  2. Women who have mostly male friends stay in a good mood more often
  3. Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
  4. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person's risk of heart attack and depression.
  5. People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in
1606587040214.png 1606587125909.png

Do you have any babysitting stories when you were young?

Have you ever written a love letter?

What makes you very nervous?

Have you ever thrown someone a party?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Who is the happiest person that you know?

Last edited:

Legate Lanius

Thanks for the invite, this year did not affect me at all, which is a bad sign. Spending alone and with parents/siblings, don't have anyone else.

1. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%, and this marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
  2. Women who have mostly male friends stay in a good mood more often
  3. Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
  4. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person's risk of heart attack and depression.
  5. People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in
All of these facts are only relatable to normies, but good for them, I guess.

No, no, nothing at the moment (this will change soon, always does), I have never attended a party, six feet that-a-way, someone on a suicide forum (ironically).

this is a nice cafe and I love your avatar @Champagne *stars

I'm not feeling great about christmas, it feels so weird. Like how is it christmas already??! It feels surreal and I'm not in the mood for it unless things are improved in my personal life before then. :( I did all my xmas shopping yesterday online in black friday so I'm glad thats done

Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
I'm not surprised. I've been alone pretty much for 8 months now and it's driven me insane with depression and anxiety, whereas normally when I'm not alone I feel 100000 times more energized and optimistic, brighter, better at coping with other things.

no I never had a babysitter and I didn't do any babysitting until I was an adult

nope

going to unfamiliar busy places on my own, having to talk to strangers in real life, fear of the unknown, all the crap my anxiety makes me worry about

nope

the same place I'm in now, hopefully happier, but realistically I doubt my life will be much different

I don't think I know anyone that's very happy. Normally I'm very bubbly and upbeat, so I'd say myself, but I haven't been like that since the earlier part of the year so nobody these days

Thanks for opening the cafe and the invite @Champagne. I hope everyone has a great day. I can't believe it is nearly December.

Only ever babysitted family members, but no major issues or stories.

Nope.

Social situations with people I don't know, like a party.

No.

Hopefully happier and in a stable place.

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
Most involving bloodshed- where or when i was the baby! j/k. . . ) most of the girls who watched me were cool & chill, unless they were a bit on the over disciplinary side... "You'll go to bed without dinner!!!" Usually just had to play referee between me & my Sis' ;) Yup- she's a -----! i say it; or this, with the utmost love & respect: admiration as well as adoration, :D

Oh, yes! many times, in fact. . . Don't know if I've ever actually sent one of them - - - ?.? ;D

the feminie hygien isle at teh local drug store ;^)

only in the gangsta style- or tradition_

Prolly right here; right now! . . )

I'm tempted to say my self, minus the MDD- (but that is sort of a 'thing,' that doesn't exist..) so: hmm..??
My mom's pretty happy (wehn she isn't thinkingo f me- ) :D:D:D:D

...& I tend to stay in a good mood more often the more often I am surrounded by women as friends, or friends of the femaile-varitey; (for what.evefr~)*reason_! ( ;

PrincessPure

Never did it
Nope, but I wrote a very long happy birthday letter for my crush
Ew, some toxic "friends" of mine
Only small ones for people's birthday
Hopefully in a foreign country, with a partner. Maybe around the time I would consider having babies (?). Although I could always do it later, maybe i'd just explore the world
I don't know what goes on in people's minds. Some seem very happy but once I follow them on social media it ends up as such a plot twist. I can be very happy and laugh easily from the bottom of my heart because of small things, even if I have some struggles. I'm basically always smiling

Sunspots

Daydream Believer
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening and for the tag @Champagne *hug

Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%, and this marriage is more likely to last a lifetime. Guess I'm in the 30%

Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person's risk of heart attack and depression. Excellent! Better go on holiday again :)

I think I must have been about 11, my mum asked one of our neighbours daughters to babysit. When she arrived it was her younger sister instead of her. Fiona was only in the year above me at school. I was so embarrassed. Luckily that was the last time mum insisted on a babysitter.

Nick and I would write love letters at least once or twice a week when he was away at uni. I've still got all the letters he wrote me (obviously he didn't keep the ones I wrote).

Going out in public on my own. At least it stops me shopping as much ;)

I used to throw Nick a surprise birthday party nearly every year - sort of defeated the purpose *hysterical

Probably in the mirror.

My friend Caroline. She lives in her own little fluffy bubble of happiness, it's so lovely to see.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Good evening, no cafe today peeps? So, in the run up to Christmas how are you feel about it all after a super tough year? Looking forward to it? Who will you spend it with? I have all my xmas shopping done, now just to wrap and make them look pretty lol I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I will have another week off between Christmas/New Years day. I am looking forward to that. Probably will not do anything except work on lanterns.

Psychology facts you might be interested in...

2. Yes, no doubt.
  3. Women who have mostly male friends stay in a good mood more often
  4. Maybe they secretly enjoy fart jokes?
  5. Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
  6. Yes well, probably true.
  7. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person's risk of heart attack and depression.
  8. Nevermind the expense.
  9. People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in
  10. People definitely look more attractive when you haven't had sex for a year.

We never had a babysitter. By the time we were all born my sister was 10 years old and was left in charge of us. Her most famous line; "Moses, what are people going to think!!!"

One time I searched for some YouTube videos on aging paper, aged one kind of paper for the letter and a different kind to make my own envelope. I wrote a love letter with a fountain pen I had built myself and gave it to my wife. I don't know what ever happened to it; she probably threw it in the trash.

Being inside a lit window when it is dark outside.

Nope.

RIght here.

My sister.

Thanks for the tag @Champagne
Still haven’t decided what we’re doing for Christmas. It’s not an easy decision. Would love to meet up with the family. I haven’t seen my mum or dad in months. But it probably isn’t worth taking the risk. Idk. I’ve said it has to be their decision.

I’m very impressed that you’ve done all your Christmas shopping. I still need to get my head around that. I keep putting it off.

Hope the rest of everyone’s weekend goes well. Stay safe. *grouphug2

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I’m very impressed that you’ve done all your Christmas shopping.
I did it earlier this year, online, because the postal and delivery services are going to be insane at Christmas time especially this year. Still might buy a few bits even though I'm strapped for cash :D I love the gift choosing part of Christmas, I always try to find unique ones and personalised. I hope you have a great Christmas hun and yeah maybe it is not worth the risk, whatever you decide to do, I hope you have an amazing and safe time 💕🤗

KM76710

SWCA3110-SWHF625
SF Supporter

None that I can remember that far back other than grandparents. They only lived 30 minutes away and you can learn and pick up a butt load of practical advice and learning for the real world from two people who just turned 18 when The Great Depression began and both of them lived as adults for a few years before that.

None from me, never received one either.

The human race seeing the direction the country and planet are heading. I see a combination of 1984 and Brave New World becoming a reality, possibly not long from now with how fragile society is economically and otherwise. Toss in a bit of Atlas Shrugged as well.

I have for family a few times.

Taking a big dirt nap sounds fine, finally to get some rest and I am just surprised I have lived as long as I have. Other than that just plodding along as normal.

Probably my great nieces since they are still young enough to be happy and not worry so much, I hope that continues for them as long as possible.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00