Jim's Cafe- Saturday June 1 2014

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by total eclipse, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi everyone hope all are having a good Sunday been up early and went for a drive in Country side lots of hills in this area
    I saw an orange bird the otherday so bright it was oriole have not seen one of those forever
    hsb saw a bear wow so much wild life here
    saved a turtle on middle of the road tired now not quite 10am so will rest a bit
    take care

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good morning!

Volunteered at the church this morning. I was going to go on a short hike today but my bro is coming up to fix something for me so I will stay around and do the yard work that I couldn't do yesterday due to rain. Gorgeous day today though. Almost dissapointed that bro is coming but grateful for the help and concern. The cat wasn't lovey today since I got up early to "treat" him. I know my place.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hmm, 2 Saturday's in a row.....much better than two Mondays. But I will still assume today is Sunday and head to church later.

Did a little in the yard already. Should do more later. It is never ending.

And tomorrow is Monday. The start of another week. Same thing over and over. But will try and find something to enjoy about it.

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Jim's Cafe - Sunday, June 1st

Heyroo!

How are you today? I hope you all are well.

Just moving slow this morning, wondering if I should start studying things for the CCNA certification. It depends on if the exam I'll be studying is expired. I will check.

Anyway, we are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Great minds think alike!

I created a thread the exact same time TE did! Woohoo!

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

not feeling well today. stomach is all out of sorts and tired as well.

7. total eclipse

lol lightbeam great minds indeed hugs

8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Jim's Cafe - Monday 2nd June

Afternoon all! It is worrying that it is afternoon and I have achieved diddly squat so far today. Here's hoping that this afternoon is a little more productive. Meetings that go nowhere are not my idea of a fun time. Going to run out for chocolate now and hope that helps :)

Hope everyone else is having a more productive day than I am! :grouphug: for all the lovely cafe peeps :)

9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Jim's Cafe - Monday 2nd June

It is still morning on this side of the pond but I too have accomplished nothing so far unless you count sleeping in really late (for me). Sadly with beautiful weather outside and a long full night of sleep I have little excuse to not be productive today. No worries though - I have no doubt I will think of an excuse if UI spend long enough trying to - :p

Hope everybody else has a good day, start of new week , and June brings better things for all!

10. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Happy Monday Morning, Café! :)

Freya, Mondays are hard! My old boss never had meetings on Mondays because no one was quite "there" yet for the week. :D
    NYJmpMaster, I think enjoying the weather is very productive! Depends on what you're measuring, I suppose. :p

I had a wonderful weekend away at a cottage! A HUGE cottage! Wonderfully relaxing and such a peaceful area. I have not been away from city light and noise for years! It was amazing to go out on the dock in the morning and hear a loon calling across the lake. And to look up at night and actually see a sky full of stars, not just a few of the brighter ones. I like my city for the conveniences it offers, but wow, there's a lot to be said for getting away from it!

Today, I have to go to my TV cable people and ask them to please replace my universal remote control they provide because the on/off button isn't working. Since they charge me a rental fee for it, it should work!

Have a lovely day everyone! :arms:

11. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Freya & Ben from the other side of the pond

So you prefer Easter to Christmas then Freya? The big chocolate festival never mind Jesus lol

12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Acy we posted simultaenously so great minds think alike lol

13. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

This cottage Acy is it yours then or rented? If it is rented have you considered buying one? I have already bought one in the uk's lake District and Claire & I spend a lot of quality us time there where we can love each other and I don';t mean sex I mean togetherness where we can hug & cuddle & discuss our lives together & spend time away from the bright city lights and drink in what nature has to offer. Often we take long walks hand in hand (pass the sick bucket people will saylol) stopping off at pubs for lunch or tea shops where Americans assume we Brits eat cucumber sandwiches. Actually we do not eat sandwiches wholly comprising cucumber but cucumber with cheese as we would have with tomatoes

14. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

I went and had lunch with my CPN. We had a pleasant chat but I also got to learn that the mental health service is facing yet more cuts. How deep they go is alarming, people will die and I guarantee the Daily Mail will publish articles about dangerous mental people. I also got to learn child protection services are going to end up in private hands. WOW just wow. Profit motive within child protective services. I would laugh but I can't be bothered, takes too much effort. Other than that I have just been playing Just Cause all day as my friend had a copy. I was meant to get a proposal written up, and finish my article on all the self vested interests carving up the NHS. But can't be arsed. So dumped it on my ever suffering friend K as well as let down the guy I am writing for. Can't be arsed to cook either so I am going to buy some take away tonight. Was meant to tweak the physics and hit boxes for the indie game my mates and I are making, but couldn't be bothered with that either so I have let my mates down as well and cancelled on them for pretty much everything. Further setting us back. Basically I am just sucking. I could write this proposal right now. But instead I am just here writing this instead, bitching about it. Later I will watch more Breaking Bad and cease to get anything that needs doing done. I should care more but I really don't. I also get to try a new medication of an intensely sedating variety. Sounds good to me. Although my preference is for a coma.

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Twocky, not mine, alas! I couldn't afford to own a cottage, or even to rent one for a weekend! I went there with a group, and it's the family cottage of one of the women in the group. We all chipped in for water and electricity usage, food, beverages, and gas for the drivers' cars.

Sounds like your place in the lake district is beautiful and a wonderful atmosphere for relaxing and reconnecting with Claire! :)

16. total eclipse

sleeping all day can't seem to do anything so much worry CCAC oh god was notified over month ago abt twin taking mother home they said to go through nrsg home we did
    nrsg home did not contact ccac so of course nothing is being done hell just hell i amtired of the bs really they knew she told them and they passed the buck and then nrsg home passed in back while my twin and mother do not get the care they need

17. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

still very tired. i'm not sure why. i am going over to mom's place in a bit for supper. i think sister will be coming too. i thought about cancelling because I am so tired but i think it's important to make the effort to see them.

received a package of different types of gecko diet for gargoyle gecko Gilligan today. she has not been eating the regular Repashy brand, and although it is normal for them to go off food for a while in a new home, i have read that gargoyles aren't generally thrilled about the current version of the regular Repashy diet. It is made primarily for Crested geckos, after all. So i ordered a different type that reviews say Gargoyles wolf down with great enthusiasm, so hope Gilligan will break her hunger strike for it.

18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Jim's cafe Tuesday 3rd June

Hey everyone! Thought I would start Jim's cafe early as I cannot sleep and it's 3am here! So, what has everyone got planned for the day? I hope something nice. Treat yourselves guys, ye deserve it =)

As for me, I'm ill at the moment, so I will be on the computer a lot as even eating is hard for me at the moment but have to drink plenty of fluids. Hopefully it won't last long :)

I am totally excited about the wold cup starting soon, I can't wait for it-although the matches may be on at weird times because of the timezones-we're definitely going to have to start a world cup thread, unfortunately Ireland are not competing in it, so I'll be bulling for England!!!

Anyone else excited about the world cup?

19. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Re: Jim's cafe Tuesday 3rd June

Lol it seems funny to be replyign to the Cafe thread the night before. :p I always forget about the time difference.

Whoa, I forgot about the World Cup! I remember the threads about it from last time, and they were entertaining, to say the least. Hopefully I can watch some of it, depending on time zones.

Hope you feel better!!

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Re: Jim's cafe Tuesday 3rd June

Haha-yeah, the time difference always confuse me too...when I think of the last world cup thread I think of Boo :( he posted an awful lot in that thread, I sometimes think of boo and wonder if he just left or did the unthinkable...whatever he did, I still miss him. And, yeah I have no idea what way the timezones are gonna work out for the matches but hope to watch a lot of them! It's also hard to believe it was FOUR years ago since we made those world cup threads, how time flies!

And, thank you :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.