Jim's cafe Sunday 17th July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning all, how is the weekend treating you all?

I had a really lazy day yesterday, it consisted of netflix and chinese food lol

Woke up two or three times in the middle of the night and spilt diet coke all over myself and the bed, not a happy sleeper after that rofl

So what's going on for you guys today? making a Sunday roast? Watching/playing a game? Let us know what you're up to and if you are new and reading, this stop by to say hello =)

Witty_Sarcasm, calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  2. iam

iam SF Supporter

Good morning Petal and good morning everyone. I'm lying in bed in a hotel in Edinburgh on the last day of my holiday. It's back to work in the morning, but I can honestly say I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. Last night I had a lovely walk up the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. I've lived in Scotland for 40 years now and I've never spent anytime in our capital city. It's such a busy and vibrant place. The buildings are beautiful old stone, streets cobbled and even the super modern Starbucks and countless shops seem to blend in as if they've always been there. The streets are are packed with tourists and street performers and market stalls, all of which would normally fill me with dread and anxiety. But not last night. I felt energised and still do. I will definitely return for a longer holiday.
    I finished this holiday perfectly. My wife and I went to see one of our favourite bands, The Stereophonics in the most amazing place I've been to see a band. Live music is the one thing that always make me feel something which is all ever really want. The show was at Edinburgh Castle Pasalade, and even though an open air show in Scotland is probably not the best idea, very cold and rain is never far away it was a wonderful night and the rain did stay away just long enough until we got back to the hotel.
    I wish you could all experience the feeling I have this morning, let's hope it lasts.
    Hope you all have a wonderful day , I love you all. Hugs xx

3. __d

__d Active Member

My right eye has been twitching since I woke up. I am almost restless. Bad experiences come back to mind.

I ll try. Past I cannot change. And if it hurts, it probably means I still should learn a lesson ;) Not denying the past, I will see if I can imagine a future that is nice. If so, I will then imagine a route to that future, and that will give meaning to my now. Things like the twitch of my eye or weakness and pain are signals that my body has learned to communicate with me in cases where I am ignoring or confused about an emotion.

Will try.

Hug you guys, while taking care not to transmit negativity to you ;-) Have a good rest-of-Sunday :)

4. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Everything's ready. I'll release my new album tomorrow. I could release it today, but I've learned that Sundays are the worst day to release anything, so Monday it is.

5. iam

iam SF Supporter

Transmitting positivity to you _d. Hug:)

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Pokemon Go. :p to you pokemon haters its making me excerise my knee per the doc orders.

7. iam

iam SF Supporter

Whatever works for you drownedfishonfire :)

8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

It's about 1:30 here and I just got out of bed. So tired. I don't really have plans except I want to check out the Yemeni restaurant I just found out about. I don't think I've had Yemeni food yet.

9. iam

iam SF Supporter

Enjoy your Yemeni food:)

calvinandhobbs and baywasp like this.
  10. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

What's it like?

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Chinese food and Netflix sound great. I want to try Yemeni food too. Can't stop sneezing lately. I think it's allergies or something. Just trying to relax on a rainy Sunday.

__d and calvinandhobbs like this.
  12. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My Yemeni food was awesome! I got lamb kebseh, which is lamb mixed with rice, and also tomatoes and onions, and spices too. (It wasn't spicy, though, but the ginger beer I had was. Not sure if ginger beer has anything to do with Yemeni cooking, but it sounded good so I had it anyway.) I still have a little left because it was a pretty big portion. I decided to celebrate National Ice Cream Day by going to my favorite ice cream place, even though I just went there recently. I'm moving in 10 days, so I have to go there as much as possible. They were doing a special deal today where larger sizes come with a free topping. So I got 2 scoops: Thai tea flavor with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter on the bottom (bit of a weird combination) and candied pecans. Now I'm gonna eat the rest of my food and watch some Community.

calvinandhobbs and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  13. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I like ginger ale but not ginger beer. Anyway woke up in time for most of the Zouks innings (Hero Caribbean T20) which is brought to us live on the Dave channel. It is 2.40am and I make coffee and reheat some lasagne. Later I have a lot of typing and printing to do before autism support arrive 10am, my day is free after that and next three days are forecasted hot weather-wise.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  14. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Level 6 on pokemom go. Cant believe all of the idiots hurting themselves over this game. It isn't true you need to cross streets etc I easily capture them across the road on my phone. When I went to the forest perserve there was almost nothing but common one like ratta and weddle while most populated areas had more pokemon characters hiding.

__d and calvinandhobbs like this.