Jim's Cafe - Sunday, 24th July

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Was in a store and saw a mobile phone I wanted, only problem was it's on EE network, the same shysters that sold me the Osprey mobile hub that's about as connectable as a square peg in a round hole. True to form, the network switches from EE to emergency call only all the time so you can't really do anything, pages taking around two minutes to load on average, they don't even time out!

Registered at a new surgery, well, not new because I have been a patient there before. I got three emails, an online username of their choice which wasn't Kid B of course, a password that looks algebraic and a please confirm your email address. When I did that I was asked to fill in my date of birth on a calendar which because I was on my smartphone would have taken light years clicking backwards from 2016. I sent them an email complaint to say they should try doing it on a phone.

It's Sunday now and I know I haven't been here much largely to not having a connection but Friday I went out with support workers Anna and Darcy and bought three new t-shirts in Peacocks. Yesterday was spent at the beach with friends and apart from one hour of cloud at lunchtime it was a warm sunny day. Hope everyone is well and can add to this thread I started because there wasn't one already.
    DrownedFishOnFire and Brittless like this.
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

It only somewhat recently became Sunday here. I guess I should look for housing today and go through my second bag of stuff to see what I want to take with me. I booked a cheap motel for when I get to Pittsburgh out til the end of the month... five nights, I think. It's not as close to downtown as I'd like, but it's affordable and has wifi, which is important. It doesn't have the greatest online reviews, but I'm not too picky. Only 2 and a half years ago I lived in a homeless shelter for 2 months, after all. I'm still nervous about the logistics of my trip. But enough about that. Gotta decide where I'm going to eat today as I continue to visit all my favorite places one more time. Maybe I'll sleep on it.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning Cafe, got up at a decent hour of 6am! Thinking about how all the bad things that have happened in my life makes me the person I am today. I am smarter, less naive, less gullible and now you have to win my trust, before I was just reckless.

Life is good, im feeling good, im trying to think of an activity I could engage with, with my niece that barely talks to me. She's too clever for an 11 year old lol She said to me yesterday ''you don't even pay for your netflix'' (I use my sisters cos 2 people can use it as once) lol she's smart so i gave her half the price of netflix and told her not to tell her mom lol my sister wouldn't take money off me anyway.
    DrownedFishOnFire and iam like this.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. Making pancakes for everyone with maple syrup. Yum. @Petal No need for sugar.
  5. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Pancakes are cool. Thank you Rockclimbingirl! Recovering after a family party last night. I hosted so it was a lot of cleanup afterward which I didn't mind. Now it is a quiet day of grocery shopping and getting ready for the work week. Should be a good day.
    DrownedFishOnFire and iam like this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not done too much today. Sneezing nonstop from allergies, and the itchy bite on my leg is turning purple or blue. Just need to take it easy and go to the doctor if things get worse.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

@Witty_Sarcasm. Wow for the bug bite do you know what bit you? Hate that when it happens. (Shrudders)

At work and its like a bad sauna outside too humid for life to thrive in this environment except for those bugs they love this weather I guess. Oh hope not get worse tomorrow than today but weather is saying tomorrow will be bad. I am hoping no one power goes off due to the need of air conditioning
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not sure, at first I thought it was just a mosquito bite, now I'm wondering if it was a spider or tick bite. Just waiting to see if it improves, otherwise I'll get it checked out.
  9. baywasp

Some dude got my hopes up that I might get a room for the short term and then crushed them. F him. :mad:

I did go to my favorite fish restaurant and then ate some ice cream and then got some banh mi for later (plus some Vietnamese desserts). All that was nice.

I'm just so frustrated, though.
  10. Rockclimbinggirl

Care to share some of your food.
    baywasp likes this.
  11. baywasp

Sure. Wanna try some silkworm cassava cake? It's delicious
  12. Rockclimbinggirl

Sure. That looks good. :)
    baywasp likes this.