Jim's Cafe - Sunday 25 September

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been by in ages, this is because I have a new laptop and need the password for it, can only use the old one to log in here and will be losing it soon, anyway today I went to a record fair which I have to say was disappointing by and large because it wasn't a large one like I imagined and it was mostly vinyl but I was happy to buy eight discs for £20 and then transfer songs I like back home to my jukebox. Hope everyone is well and while I haven't been able to take part in SF, I have been reading threads!
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Kid B Thanks for starting the Café thread.

Good morning everyone :)

We will be serving an assortment of cheese and bread today.

I have work later today.
  3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Cheese and bread? Where did all the cake go??? *looks suspiciously at @Acy **

It is a lovely sunny Sunday here today - sitting in the office at the moment attempting to persuade myself to open my spreadsheet and complete an analysis that I have been procrastinating over for a couple of days now.

I did hear rumors that @bobbob was going to be serenading cafe users today with his own unique hiphop-opera hybrid and that he would be accompanied by @Witty_Sarcasm playing the spoons. It is a festival for the ears, not to be missed!

@Butterfly is on tea and coffee duty today after weeks of shirking - please get your orders in with her ASAP and don't let her fob you off with any of that Tetleys garbage. Yorkshire tea only!
  4. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm officially homeless now :( I tried calling the number to get myself some help, but I was indeed right that they aren't open on weekends. That's really awful. I'm going to just sit outside the gas station until someone asks me to leave I guess. I bought a little food from them so...

My teammates are getting together and watching some football but I can't go because the bus stop is too far away for me to drag all my bags there. Not that I'm too into football, I just could use a little diversion and friendship.
  5. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

This is awful baywasp and has made me feel more humble, like on forums unless you get to know people more you have no idea of personal circumstance and can only learn by reading whatever is revealed, well I wish you luck and pray you find some place warm and that others will help and that there will be assistance from officialdom tomorrow.
    baywasp likes this.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

One cat had an explosive diarrhea. She is longhaired and I couldn't keep up after her all night long constantly wiping her fur to get the poop out as I woke up to poop butt stamps where she sat on my bed. Blech going to call the groomer for a sanitary trim and hopefully she gets over the bout of diarrhea.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Aww, crumbs! I didn't think you'd notice, @Freya.Actually, I only took the corners with the extra icing. Check the Secret Fridge again. In Vegetables drawer where no one would think to find cake. There are some slices in there. Shhh, don't tell anyone else. :)
  8. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

9. baywasp

I talked to the captain again... texted him a little update on what was going on. He was really nice and he also told me he talked to a couple of the other guys like he said he would. Funnily enough, both of the guys were the other ones I was considering talking to in the first place. Somebody in a Facebook group (for Blue October fans) is trying to help find someone to take me, but she's not having much luck either. I can see and feel the night closing in. The sun is beginning to hide behind the tree line, and the warmth of the day is slowly fading. My fear is building. I haven't been asked to leave the table at the side of the gas station yet, so I'm just going to stay here as long as I can because I don't wanna have to go hide in the bushes or whatever.
    At least I'm closer to the bus stop, which is good since I need to drag all my stuff there tomorrow morning for class. If the driver will let me on with all my bags.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, my spoon playing is very...melodic. Well, today I spilled water all over the floor and on some computer wires...great way to start things off :rolleyes: It is rainy so I am taking it easy today
  11. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. :(
  12. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

The captain? Forgive my ignorance or maybe I have not read enough but by captain do you mean like someone in the Salvation Army? I say that because I help every year with a donation as I know they care for people who are homeless and do a fantastic job.
  13. baywasp

I am referring to the rugby team captain. I talked about telling him about my problems in a previous thread.