Jim's Cafe Thurs. January 28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning or afternoon SF friends. How's everyone's week going? I always like to try to open up the cafe when I can, anything to procrastinate getting ready for work! I have some questions if you feel like answering or just want to drop in and say hello. 🙋‍♀️

1) What is something that you are doing now or that you've accomplished that a younger you would be proud of?

2) What do you love most about your home? 💗

3) Do you have any reoccurring dreams? What do you think they mean? Do you dream in color?

4) Would you rather scuba dive or sky dive?

5) Do you have any house plants? How many? (I read recently that this is a form of self-care, who knew 🤷‍♀️) show us your pics.

Tagging @Kiwi2016 @extraterrestrialone @Dante @JMG @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Livelife @Sunspots @Inya @Aurelia giphy.gif

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey Lane tysm for the tag & for posting the cafe for today! :) Thought of a few more ppl to tag but seems you got most of the regulars lol ;) @JDot @foreverforgotten @RCee @LonelyHiker @pooky @Jane65 @Kira @lost_in_a_fairytale
(Oh also to answer what you asked about the tagging, ya I think it's either 8 or 10 that is the limit before it won't notify everyone)
Nice pix and plants too, hope you are well & that you have a nice day. Ok here's my answers to the q's now.

1) What is something that you are doing now or that you've accomplished that a younger you would be proud of?
The level of hope I have thanks to Star Wars and how strong my love for it is. My younger self would be proud because before I saw Star Wars things made even less sense than they do now if that makes sense. Basically my life now feels like it can be divided into 2 parts - Before Star Wars (BSW) and After Star Wars (ASW) lol :p Seeing it and enjoying it is absolutely what I was born for, I'm quite sure of that :)

All my Star Wars pictures, books and other things :)

3) Do you have any reoccurring dreams? What do you think they mean? Do you dream in color?

No to the recurring dreams I'm glad to say, yes to dreaming in color. I don't remember my dreams very much but when I do they usually have a very confusing, unsettling and/or eerie quality to them. Guess that just means my mind is messed up and knows it or something lol who knows. No idea on what any kinds of dreams mean either sorry but I find them a very interesting and mysterious part of life for sure.

Scuba dive I guess but would be quite terrified to do either since some of my worst fears are heights and deep water.

5) Do you have any house plants? How many? (I read recently that this is a form of self-care, who knew 🤷‍♀️) show us your pics.

No, my mom does though. Think she has at least 5-10, has some on the balcony too.

I found these pix that I think are cool, they don't really have anything to do with plants sorry lol but I can post some plant pix later (esp. if no one else does lol) ;)

3eb44d1b2dbbd6c2ff14e09b9b9e3982.png
b73e2a02c1c4f46365c9be0e26723af8.png
paperclipdress_edgar_artis.png
c9dbe7c6b686f9fd772b42521b299c38.png

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey Lane, gotta answer this one right away and then come back later to do more (if possible).
i (we) have a leased car and the lease ends this month. we decided to purchase the car and find the best price, interest rate and insurance company all of which are things i’ve always let situations and my inability to deal/negotiate with, dictate how things would go. that usually means being screwed by the forces that be to their best possible advantage (and hating it and being quite agitated by it).

although i firmly believe that car dealers, banks, insurance companies and the like are firmly rooted in humanity’s worst leanings (i.e. crime/legalized crime) and will always bring profit into the realm of theft, there are ways a consumer can minimize these to some advantage. i’ve been actively trying to get the best available results and i’ve basically accomplished this and - the car will be “mine” at a very low interest rate and convenience in one more day! the younger me is definitely proud of the old person me, for having accomplished this! kind of lends credibility to who the real me really is who bit by bit is coming into being and being more visible.

🌞🌞🌞 to all - from me to you

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening & the tag @Lane....

I can't really think of anything except getting to the ripe old age of late 50s

Our garden as we are on an end lot so have a bit of extra space

Yes but they are all stress/anxiety related and a mixture of all going on...think it's the way my subconscious tries to release all the thoughts/feelings that I don't articulate

Sky dive...though love swimming the idea of relying on a source of air I find unsettling so if could do it in a submersible would do it...not very rational I realize

We have a few but our house is a bit dark so have more success in the garden...will take pics in the spring

Wishing all a great Thursday....

tagging @begerac @Nick @Waves @shadowland @mpk @Sunspots @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @na-taya @Nick @nobodyknows71 @Sunspots @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @februaryfriday @Lady Wolfshead @Were all together @pooky

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey lane, here’s 😊😍😋☕️💫 of appreciation for this Café! and...
doubt that i’d ever do either especially during what’s left of this life (but who knows?). but i’d choose scuba if i had to make a choice, since ancestors live and flourish down there (hoping they still flourish) while i don’t like the imagery of falling toward earth. there’s a touch of unkind irony there.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter

2) i guess its those plants i posted above. the apartment itself is kind of a dump!

3) yes i do have many of those dreams!
for all of them, the theme is recurring though specifics of each dream do vary, but they are really dreams of life from elsewhere (ie, not of this earth!) and also what i call travel dreams where i’m in a car or helicopter or other means of transportation travelling to unknown places (on earth) and meeting and interacting with people of earth or elsewhere (and animals too) who i don’t previously know and which are in strange situations. in addition, i’m often in a hotel or store. then there are crumbling building dreams where the place i’m in (usually a place i do know) is literally crumbling around me. fortunately those dreams are not happening lately anymore. and of course these dreams are in color. i do think i recently had a b&w dream (first time) the other day but i do not remember what it was about. perhaps a charcoal drawing of a face?

Last edited:

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey @JMG look! ❤️❤️❤️
Basically my life now feels like it can be divided into 2 parts - Before Star Wars (BSW) and After Star Wars (ASW) lol :p Seeing it and enjoying it is absolutely what I was born for, I'm quite sure of that
i have to admit i’m klind of the same way about ET (though i have no souvenirs other than my memories of my movie theatre days/career long ago) i’m still clearly from elsewhere even though now, i’m here.

Inya

babaya gayolera

Thanks @Lane for inviting me :)

I found love.

My two homes couldn’t be more different. One is a small flat in a capital city and the other is a big house in a countryside. But I love them both. The inside has my mark all over it, many colors and weird stuff hanging on the walls.

I never have the same dream twice. And pretty much all my dreams are totally stupid and unpleasant, at least the ones I remember.

Scuba dive for sure. You don’t see this up in the sky.

DSCN1318.JPG
I can’t imagine a home without something green in it. Here I have around 10 cacti & succulents because they don’t need much watering. They winter sleep now.

IMG_20210128_164605.jpg

Jane65

hey Lane, gotta answer this one right away and then come back later to do more (if possible).

i (we) have a leased car and the lease ends this month. we decided to purchase the car and find the best price, interest rate and insurance company all of which are things i’ve always let situations and my inability to deal/negotiate with, dictate how things would go. that usually means being screwed by the forces that be to their best possible advantage (and hating it and being quite agitated by it).

although i firmly believe that car dealers, banks, insurance companies and the like are firmly rooted in humanity’s worst leanings (i.e. crime/legalized crime) and will always bring profit into the realm of theft, there are ways a consumer can minimize these to some advantage. i’ve been actively trying to get the best available results and i’ve basically accomplished this and - the car will be “mine” at a very low interest rate and convenience in one more day! the younger me is definitely proud of the old person me, for having accomplished this! kind of lends credibility to who the real me really is who bit by bit is coming into being and being more visible.

🌞🌞🌞 to all - from me to you
That's an awesome achievement. Definitely one to be very proud of *stars

Jane65

I only have the energy to answer 1 question...
What do I love most about you home:
I love that it is a bungalow and adapted to meet my needs but most of all I love that my garden backs into fields so my view from the kitchen is not hemmed in by houses.... at least not for the time being. My village is growing fast with new houses at every edge. But I am still blessed to live in a rural area. I would hate to live in a town or city again.

Even though I am feeling pretty awful it is still possible to have gratitude for the good things in my life.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Lane

I'm not really sure tbh. Depends on how much younger. Me as a child would probably be confused by the trajectory of my life. A lot of things that I've done now my child self wouldn't really have predicted. Like my transition, how much I got into sports, or mostly losing my relationship with my father.

I like my room a lot. Not only because it's mine, but also because it's like an attic room so I kind of have an entire floor of the house all to myself.

I keep dreaming that I'm trying to chew gum, but then the gum dissolves in my mouth. No idea what that means. I do dream in color.

I think scuba diving, but I don't really want to do either.
I don't currently, but I used to have a wandering Jew, a spider plant, and an orchid.

adamjam

Good afternoon @Lane lanethanks for the tag. Love all the pics and Metallica got me through my angst filled teen years, still does haha.
1. I own my home.
2. As overwhelming as it is, I love all the space we have along with a huge yard and woods.
3. I dont have dreams that I remember, I do have nightmares though that can be recurring.
4. Neither, as I dont like heights or water. If I had to choose sky diving.
5. I do have cacti but they are currently dying so no pics.
Hope you made it to work on time. Have a good day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00