Jim's cafe Thursday 10th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good morning peeps, hope y'all had a decent sleep and have a great day ahead of you, its nearly Friday!!! Have you any special plans for the weekend? What does your typical weekend include?

1599732316094.png 1599732370903.png 1599732815425.png

Today I'd like you to post your favourite feel good song. Rachel Platten has a few good ones but this is my fave;

1) If there was one thing you could change about yourself right now, what would it be?

2) What advice would you give to your younger self?

3) If your home was on fire and you had enough time to save three things, what would they be?

4) What was the one experience that changed your life?

5) What was the best phase of your life?

1599732848027.png 1599732870317.png

@JDot @Sleeper71 @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @MisterBGone @Aurelia @Gonz @KindaOtiose @Sevven @Bloop @extraterrestrialone

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Here's a feel good song that's a classic:

My weekends are boring, I'm not that interesting. lol

1) If there was one thing you could change about yourself right now, what would it be?
To be more confident.

Don't be afraid to do what you want in life.

3) If your home was on fire and you had enough time to save three things, what would they be?
Photo albums, poems that I wrote, and wallet.

I can't pinpoint just one, there's been a lot.

I'm not sure, don't think I've reached it yet.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning @Champagne and SF friends. Thanks for tagging me and opening. Weird dreams last night and I remember them so I feel kind of shaken. Look forward to relaxing this weekend. Hope you're all doing well.

More energy, less annoyed with some co-workers.

Move slower, time goes fast. Be careful who you marry.

Cats, picture albums, mothers ashes in turn.

Living in a group home as a teenager and being connected with other children there.i wonder about them now still.

5) best phase of my life?
Maybe as a child, when you have no worries.
Being with my own children as babies.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi @Champagne, thanks for the tag :)

My favourite feel good song is actually my SF username - Sunspots by Julian Cope.

I don't have any plans for the weekend. We're going away for a few days on Monday so I need to pack for that. If the weather is okay there's a few jobs that I could get on with in the garden.

I'd be 2 or 3 clothes sizes slimmer.

Follow your dreams instead of being too scared to be on your own. To be honest it's probably the same advice I should follow now..

My dog, my phone (my whole life is on there) and my photos. I'd probably have to run back in to save my vinyl collection too.

Becoming a mother.

The four years after having my first child. We lived in a beautiful picture perfect English cottage near the sea that I'd spent several years renovating to get it exactly how I wanted. My friends were close by and we'd spend our summers on the beach with our kids or in each others gardens. We moved away 20 years ago when my children were 2 and 4. I still feel homesick.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Here's a feel good song that's a classic:

My weekends are boring, I'm not that interesting. lol

To be more confident.

Don't be afraid to do what you want in life.

Photo albums, poems that I wrote, and wallet.

I can't pinpoint just one, there's been a lot.

I'm not sure, don't think I've reached it yet.
I'd love to read your poems. Perhaps they're personal, I get that. It must take concentration to write poems @Champagne?

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
3.) my two cats, and one of my guitars (I guess it really doesn’t even matter which one!) . . .

5.) probably my thirties; things eventually, “evened out,” despite - well, let’s keep it light..;)

4.) coaching speech in high school (or at that level) I now know what it feels like to be a ‘rock star!’ (It’s one thing to do it, yourself, as a competitor... but when you’re responsible for the success of other’s; everything changes, —& well: they taught me a ton__.)~*•> (;

Sevven

1) No mental illness
2) Trust your instincts - it's not judgmental to not give Everyone a chance
3) Oh shit....I have 3 kids ... or are we assuming the people are okay? My creations (I make jewelry and stuff out of bones and found objects), my photos, my clothes
4) Getting with my ex. It ruined everything for years even after I left him.
5) probably the year I left home... and hopefully now? Things are looking up.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Good afternoon. I am taking a break from work. I like that about working at home. My weekend will be boring but one never knows.

To be thinner and more active

You are loved and accepted for who you by many people just because you are you.

My cats, wallet and phone. I never thought I would want my phone before as a top choice.

Being a mom. Best and worst experience. What a roller-coaster.

When my daughter was young, I was in my 30's and I was happy because I couldn't do anything but live in the moment.

Inya

babaya gayolera
Hey guys and thank you @Champagne

Have you any special plans for the weekend? What does your typical weekend include?

Beach and gardening. For me there’s no difference between weekdays and weekends.

Today I'd like you to post your favourite feel good song.
I heard this one a few minutes ago. One of my favourites.

If there was one thing you could change about yourself right now, what would it be?
I don’t think I want to change anything. I’m totally comfortable with who and how I am.

What advice would you give to your younger self?
“Always take care of yourself first” sounds appropriate. But I wouldn’t listen to me anyway lol.

If your home was on fire and you had enough time to save three things, what would they be?
Phone, laptop and my bag with credit cards and important stuff in it.

What was the one experience that changed your life?
I fell in love.

What was the best phase of your life?
I think I’m living it now.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tag @Champagne & for opening the cafe :) I tag @Kiwi2016 @Blue Star & @Kira think the rest of the regulars were already tagged :p Don't have anything planned for the weekend at all but I am fine with that. My weekends are usually pretty boring or at least "uneventful" overall but again that is fine I have no attachments to needing a bunch of people around me to constantly be demanding my attention, would be kinda exhausting overall I think (would basically ONLY enjoy the getting attention from others part of it, but the rest? Heck no!)

Wow sure hard to pick just 1 thing but ok I would def. change my eye color cos then I'd have tons of friends, be extremely popular, successful, worshipped, loved & adored by a LOT of people of both genders like my sis is. Would absolutely have a much better & happier life I think. People can say I'm "crazy" to think such a thing all they want but I know that is the way of it.

Don't worry or care so much about what people think, just cos someone does something it does NOT automatically mean they are doing it for the same reasons as I would be, same goes for what they say. That was a DAMN hard learned lesson that's for sure wow.

If this doesn't include living beings like my cat then the 3 items as in non-living/object things then they'd be my pillow, my purse & my redwoods pinecones. Really hope if that were ever to really happen that I would never have to make such a choice though lol.

Had a lot more than "one" of course but hmm I guess something fairly recent was just extremely unwisely trusting a person based only on what they said rather than what they did or actual proof in some way that they meant the words they said. Anyway will absolutely not be happening ever again that is for DAMN sure!!! :)

I guess when I lived alone the 2nd time which was for 3 years between 2008-2011. I didn't really like living alone but compared to all the other living situations it was the best and most peaceful one when I was able to distract myself enough. I had the least amount of suicidal thoughts overall during that part of my life too.

Harmony

SF Supporter
1) If there was one thing you could change about yourself right now, what would it be? The all-consuming mental anguish has got to go already. Slam the gas pedal on it.

2) What advice would you give to your younger self? You are capable of so much more than you think

3) If your home was on fire and you had enough time to save three things, what would they be? Pictures, my dad's chair, and I guess my phone.

4) What was the one experience that changed your life? Gotta defer this one

5) What was the best phase of your life? Childhood

*woohooLets hit it!!

Good evening everyone. I hope you all have had a good day. It's been a tad up and down for me. I felt sad this morning. Noo reason for it. Just felt sad. I do feel somewhat happier now, although I must say, I am worried about my friend Avo. Work was very draininng, mostly because I was concerned about Avos allergic reaction, and then because I was alone doing a few different people's jobs at once.

There are a few things I could change, but I can't decide whether it is my self confidence or my emotional response to everything. They both bother me at times. I am fed up of crying for everything, but I also wish I could be more confident in myself.

Forgive yourself. Its the hardest thing you will ever do, and while you shouldn't blame yourself, remember you are human too, and you will get through it.

My daughter, honestly, I cannot think of anything else. Its all just material, that can be replaced, my daughter can't
It was a negative one. It had a very big impact on my self worth, my esteem confidence. It was majorly the cause of my depression and suicidal feelings.

I am now in my best phase. I'm not depressed, and I can't really remember a time where I was happy. I am happy now. I get sad times, like today, and I get happy days. I'm not an optimistic person, I always look for the bad things before I consider the good, but I'm seeing more good before I see the bad.

Have a good night guys, take care.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne
Premier League is back this weekend! If we were in a "normal" time I'd probably be heading out to the pub to watch Spurs on Sunday, but the pub has been closed for most of this year. :( So I've gotta just watch from home.

One of my favorite feel-good songs (quoted in my signature):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00