Jim's Cafe - Thursday 28th July

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Just awoke and it is just getting light before 6am. Busier day today. At some point my SW to visit, two support workers from the housing association at 10am and my daily support from 11.30am. Got to do some printing at the library later.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today's my first full day in Pittsburgh. I have to walk to a credit union and cash and/or deposit my check. I'm lucky enough that there's a branch of a credit union affiliated with the one I used in the Bay Area within a little over 2 miles. Hope they have sidewalks because I was too uncomfortable last night on a different street that didn't have sidewalks to walk far enough to get interesting food. After I take care of my check, I'll probably go to the mall for lunch. It's like 4 miles away, and I don't feel like walking that, so I have to make sure I have exact change. I think it's $4.75 one way because you have to pay for transfers here, which is stupid. After lunch, I should start working on my housing search. This room is pretty cool I guess. I think it has free TV, but I don't know because I just watch TV on my laptop. It's bigger than my old place, and it's nice having my own bathroom. But it's hot and the fan is broken. And the deadbolt isn't there.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today I went to the weekly music concert. My therapist was performing in another band, and the guy on sax was awesome. I had a chef salad and it was really good. Then I had cheesecake on a stick, which was the best I have had in a while. Got some sun, went to get coffee at the gas station, and sat by the lake for a while. A nice quiet day so far.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Witty_Sarcasm Cheesecake on a stick. That sounds yummy.

@baywasp Good luck with the housing search.

I bought myself a cocoa chili bun earlier today. It was yummy.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

My cat is an asshole. o_O and shes proud of it.

Totally want cheesecake as todays start of free cheesecake festival in the city.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sounds like a beautiful day you had. Hope it keeps improving:)