Jim's Cafe - Thursday 4th August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Morning lovely cafe patrons!

It is POURING rain this morning which is playing havoc with the internet. Tsk. Today mostly looks like drinking lots of tea, faffing about with some reports and going to retrieve @SinisterKid 's Brit-card.

Chocolate digestives all round for breakfast this morning! :)
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, like yesterday I hope all existing and new members have a safe day. The scars we carry today, tomorrow and in the future will make us what we are today. So try to stay strong wherever you are and as one big family we support and care for each other.

Chow for now.
    __d likes this.
  3. __d

__d Active Member

Loved the rain today, though I had to rush quickly to the bus stop for shelter!

I'm on the mood for coffee no sugar no milk, but me heart's already beating fast.

Alone at university. Listening to music and trying to slow down the heart and understand the papers I am studying!

Have a nice day guys :)
  4. __d

__d Active Member

Update: 20 push-ups in a go. Still will take time to reach 40 again. Also, yesterday i felt after a long time that my body wants to run. But right leg muscles are still too weak for that. Almost tried to run when crossing street and my knee started aching. As if there's no muscle to bear the weight. But it's alright. Recovering from depression takes time. And I am choosing life.
    Hug you guys
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Send me good vibes, everybody: I've got an appointment to check out a room in a few hours. Pretty nervous
    DrownedFishOnFire, Kid B and __d like this.
  6. __d

__d Active Member

Here is my Virtually Inexplicable Business Emotion - the VIBE. Hope it works:) If not, I hear there's a kind witch in the North and if she kisses your forehead you will be safe from dangers and misfortune. Given her kindness and humility, chances are that she is here without knowing who she is. Still, if all girls here kiss your forehead, chances are you will have the protection;)
    baywasp likes this.
  7. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I give you all my wishes today....x0x0x0
    baywasp likes this.
  8. ByePolar

ByePolar Anti-social Human Trying To Be Social

Good luck with that man.
    baywasp likes this.
  9. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Got a chocolate brown sofa for this place and a new duvet set (pictured), bit of a cold going on but otherwise okay, tonight's dinner will be some sliced ham and red hot chillis and Greek cheese. The TV, well sometimes there will be something interesting on, you never know.

Witty_Sarcasm and __d like this.
  10. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Very best wishes, baywasp.
    baywasp likes this.
  11. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

It should be compulsory to have choccy digestives as a integral part of breakfast and no arguments!

You have to admire @Freya's tenacity as she treks North to track down the elusive Kid.

Braving traffic jams and roadworks and the A1 western bypass [foolhardy choice of route] our heroine becomes embroiled in the chaos that is the Kenton Bar.

Can she escape from the maze of exits, or will the magic roundabout gobble her up and turn her into Ermintrude?

Dont forget to tune in for the next exciting episode folks, exclusive to SF.
    DrownedFishOnFire, ByePolar and __d like this.
  12. ByePolar

ByePolar Anti-social Human Trying To Be Social

It just started raining, and I love it. I love walking and rowing in the rain.
  13. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

:eek: Think of the calories!
    __d likes this.
  14. SinisterKid

F**k the calories fella, they are just such a delight when dunked into a steaming hot cup of tea! ;)
    __d likes this.
  15. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am a Yorkshire Girl - your namby pamy urban faux "northerness" does not scare me.
    Kid B, Witty_Sarcasm and __d like this.
  16. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

It went okay. The place is fine, but the lady asked me some questions that I was uncomfortable with (regarding the fact that I'm on disability). She says there are other people still deciding if they want it too. I have to wait until I get my student ID card so she knows I qualify for the lower rates, and I don't know when I can get that. Maybe tomorrow at my orientation. I wish I could put my money down on it now. It's even furnished, and I like the part of the city it's in.
    DrownedFishOnFire and __d like this.
  17. SinisterKid

Ecky thump, Ilkley Moor Baht'at and Leeds United. Brian Close, Geoffrey Boycott and Headingly. Yorkshire, so well known and famous for?...................puddings!

You dare step into my domain lass, prepare for death by Bobby Thompson, the little waster kills em all every time, sad mackem bas.....

Namby pamby indeed, how very dare you ;)
  18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today was pretty good. My friend thinks I should keep calling the video store back (called twice already), but I don't want to annoy them. Either the manager decided not to hire me, or she is very busy. But I know a few places that are hiring, so I can apply there and hope something pans out.
  19. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I am a fine one to talk about calories. I succumbed to MacDonalds and habe bought two of those new wraps (the garlic and mayo one and the sweet chilli one) plus five chicken strips!
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  20. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Chocolate for breakfast. Yum :)

Sunny and hot here.