Jim's Cafe - Thursday, February 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Hello all!
Today's special is cinnamon rolls. Big delicious cinnamon rolls. I really wanted some earlier today.

I went to the gym and I have therapy after this second class of the day, then I have to come back downtown for an easy errand.

Not an exciting day, but I have practice tomorrow, which is very exciting. Hope it's not too cold cause we're gonna be outside.

Today's challenge is to tell us one positive thing about whatever you'd like. Yourself, your day/week, or even just an interesting fact. I'll say that I keep getting so much praise from my teammates for how hard I'm working for rugby, and it feels really good.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Its a drab cold day for me outside. Woke up with intent to go to the library and start working on my binders for the lawyers and preparing for filing taxes as I wanted to get it done as soon as I can without worrying about it in March and April. Usually I have had it done early Feb but not this year. Now my stomach is grumbling forcing me to delay it and go out and grab something to eat. I am giving myself a deadline. Must have the binder done absoutely done and other 2 things can wait til Saturday.

I like to see people helping others in need especially animals. Reminds me how awesome humans can be.

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Boss sent out a SOS for me to come in...I need the extra money as its 13 day cutoff due to short 2-3 days in the next paycheck

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It has been quite snowy this past week. Snow piles are as tall as me, so like 5ft tall.

@baywasp where is the tea and hot chocolate

I am re organizing my desk. Bought some trays and desk organizers at the dollar store.

Something positive about me is that I am a caring person

Acanthi

I went to 2 consecutive land drills with my dragon boating team this week, and I'm going to another lake drill tomorrow. It feels tiring but so wonderful to be active. And I feel like I'm bonding with my teammates. They seem to like me anyhow. :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi people.
Great looking rolls.

Something positive? Ppfffttttt... not a good day for *this* crap. Even after thinking I can't think of anything consistently good so fail for that too.

Something positive? How about a proton? :D

Chemistry jokes aside, something positive today was that the weather felt warm. I took a break from work and walked down to my favourite cafe and bought myself a treat. It really picked up my mood.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
@baywasp where is the tea and hot chocolate
They're available; I just didn't feel the need to mention them since they're not on special.
Something positive? Ppfffttttt... not a good day for *this* crap. Even after thinking I can't think of anything consistently good so fail for that too.
You can just name a positive fact about something other than you or your life if you can think of one. Like for example, there are these giant rats called Gambian pouched rats that are used to detect landmines, and they can also sniff out tuberculosis in humans. That's pretty cool. I love rats (but I think regular rats are cuter than Gambian pouched rats.)
Here's a song about these HeroRATs:

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
View attachment 1131 don't know ,how to start a Friday Coffe Thread, but wish you all wonderful weekend, more sleep, less stress , lot of hugs and surly, delicious coffee
Just start a new thread with todays date. That's all there is to it. You can always start it the way you want in its first post

Have a great weekend yourself too!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00