• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe - Thursday November 12th

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Hey everyone, hope you are all having a nice day! :) Saw there was no cafe for today so just thought I'd open it. I think a good theme for it is positivity. So it's pretty open in terms of what to talk about, as long as it is positive in some way. I thought of some q's that are positively focused too so feel free to answer them if you want, or if you just want to talk about something you are happy about or that you think is good in your life or life in general, or posting pix, whatever you want! :)

Questions:

1. What are some things in your life you are most grateful for?
2. What are some things that make you happy?
3. What is a happy memory for you?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go that you would be the happiest?

5. What are some positive/good things you have done in your life?

^ Thought these were cool, love the idea of "emotional support animals" I think everyone deserves to have one! :)
Link to where you can buy these here: https://www.amazon.com/Thera-pets-E...ywords=thera-pets+cards&qid=1605217404&sr=8-3

Legate Lanius

Try not to kill yourself 2020 challenge.
Thx for the invitation!
Death
Nothing at the moment
Christmas with the fam
4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go that you would be the happiest?
Core of the Earth
Can't think of anyhting

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Ok now my answers to the q's lol ;) :)

Lots of things but esp. my mom, sis, cat, friends, Star Wars, Mark Hamill, my room and all the things I have :)

All the things above, and also people doing good/nice/kind/inspiring kinds of things, things that smell really good like clean freshly washed laundry, cookies or other yummy things baking, my cat's fur, the sound of my cats meow and nice sounds in general. Oh also art and looking at beautiful, inspiring pictures.

Lots of things but esp. whenever I could to talk to my uncle from when I was 11-19

California, definitely. Preferably with my mom, sis & friend.

Loved and cared for 4 diff. cats, a dog, loved lots of animals and tried to let them know that by petting them, talking to them, giving them sincere, loving attention, helping my friend with various things over the last few years I've known him, buying or making things for my mom, sis & friend (not just on bdays or holidays but all through the year), intentionally leaving money in random, public places in hopes that someone who needs it will find it, tried to help people, make things for them, give them sincere words of comfort and just let them know I care about them and want them to be happy :)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Right now, grateful that one day I know it'll be over
Watching my team win, listening to music (sometimes). Sure there were others.....
Holidays I've been on.

Some place away from the stench of humanity

Not applicable.

Sunspots

Pffffeckn amazin
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG :)

Gin, dogs and Robert Smith (in no particular order)

Robert Smith, dogs and gin

Skinny dipping with the phosphorescents off the back of the boat at midnight

4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go that you would be the happiest
Normally I'd say Paxos in Greece as it's my favourite place on Earth. But right now I'd go to Singapore to see my brother as I miss him.

I'm proud of the business I created and how much of a positive impact it's had on our local community - not just providing childcare but also employing and training a lot of people and being able to support local causes with the profits.

Harmony

SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite @JMG and love the theme!

I feel I'm doing better than I have in a while, FINALLY! I'm also loving the single life and happy to not have to deal with any relationship bullshit atm which is another plus.
Posting a song below to get el positivo party started and hoping we can all have a great start to the upcoming weekend!

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Aw ty to everyone who has replied here, glad you like it & I appreciate that you have all tried in your own way to stay positive since that's the theme of the cafe :) ;)

PS - The positive/good things you've done in your life q was meant to make it easy to think of things cos if you've ever loved someone and tried to show that love in a positive/loving kind of way then that absolutely counts! I'm pretty sure everyone has felt love and tried to show it to someone at some point in their life. Anyway couldn't resist saying that, maybe it will make zero diff. anyway but now I've at least tried. There is no doubt in my mind that every member on here has lots of things that would more than qualify as positive/good things they have done in some way ;) :)

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Hey, JMG. You are obviously someone with a good heart. I wish I could be more like you. I've read numerous posts on this site, and I would love to reach out and offer words of comfort, but I can't because I don't know what to say. I can relate to their pain and their thoughts of wanting to stop living, so I can't think of anything to say to make them feel better. I'm too damaged to be helping others.

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Thanks for the tag @JMG :)

Gin, dogs and Robert Smith (in no particular order)

Robert Smith, dogs and gin

Skinny dipping with the phosphorescents off the back of the boat at midnight

Normally I'd say Paxos in Greece as it's my favourite place on Earth. But right now I'd go to Singapore to see my brother as I miss him.

I'm proud of the business I created and how much of a positive impact it's had on our local community - not just providing childcare but also employing and training a lot of people and being able to support local causes with the profits.
Hey, Sunspots. I like The Cure, too. You mentioned Greece, are you a fan of classical mythology, too?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00