Jim's Cafe - Tuesday 2nd August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Still adding to my iPod, bought a 3rd gen 40gb classic at the weekend. Using a website called everyhit and collecting as many 7" and 12" songs I used to own copies of on vinyl so, mostly 70s, 80s and 90s. Ripping videos from Youtube converting to mp3 they must then be converted to AAC's via iTunes so a repetitive process but well worth the effort as I already have 250 songs stored.
    iam likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Missed out on an unexpected psych appointment, they did not give enough notice. I am really happy today though and proud of myself :) Got up had shower, went to gp, pharmacy, my pharmacist is sooo funny. I <3 her :)
    iam and __d like this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning everyone. Making pancakes for all of you.

@Kid B Have fun adding songs.

@Petal Glad that you are feeling happy today.

I have work later today. Then peer support group :)

And then grocery shopping. Think I did the exact same thing last Tuesday. :p
    iam and __d like this.
  4. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

@Petal glad to hear you had a good day

@Kid B enjoy your music downloading(if its even called that, god i sound old=\)

@Rockclimbinggirl i hope that wok goes well for you and peer support group helps=) also good luck shopping =)

can we just erase today please? start clean? Ive been knocked down the last few days. But i am gonna get back up and start the fight/battle again, so tomorrow i have someone to help me actually get to class they are gonna walk with me to the room. I hope that helps.
    its almost my bedtime to try and get some sleep.

i hope everyone else who pops by has a nice day. maybe just stop and smell a flower, or listen to the birds maybe. or not but i still hope you have a nice day =)
    __d and iam like this.
  5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I was hoping to hear back from the person from Craigslist I emailed, but I haven't heard back from her since answering the clarifying question she has. I'm going to contact more people soon, but I'll probably still be living in a motel by the time my school orientation rolls around on the 5th. I was hoping to have an address by then so I could finish filling out the student information sheet.

Might order some pizza for delivery because I'm getting tired of the food at the nearby convenience store. I'd love to walk somewhere to eat, but I feel pretty unsafe walking along these busy streets without sidewalks.

This really sucks.

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I took the bus to the mall, where I had some lunch and bought some candy. It was annoying that both ways I just missed the bus so I had to sit out in the hot sun for a long time waiting for the next one.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Quiet day. Tired but going to the gym later to complete the impossible promise. That's all I live for. Nothing else matters. I'm down but surviving each day. I must feel the hurt everyday as I do not deserve happiness. Like they say "same s$$t, different day. Heh that's my life but still here which is such a positive for me each day. I get hungry for life everyday and the desire is getting stronger. I fall like a boxer but I get up again... Enough poppy cock.

Chow and be SAFE MY FRIENDS.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Debating if I should go to a wing joint after work or just grab pizza and go home as this pizza joint I like by work is old school and is open late.
  8. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Last download of the day so just wanted to share. Not too many songs around that mention a cormorant!

9. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Been learning so much recently about various things connected to mental health and eating disorders I think my brain is going into meltdown. I am going to have to take a break from it after tomorrows group session and give myself some time to process everything and recap on a few things. Need to return to e mail account now and see how my other ED friend is doing.

Is this how life is going to be from now on? Everything revolving around MH/ED subjects and people? Everyone else, bar one, ran away in reality and depression has kinda taken over every waking minute. No offence meant to anyone, I am pleased to know other people that share my boat.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Something happened today and I know that life is not meant for me. I am just so done.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

@Witty_Sarcasm don't give up. Get back up and keep going. It was just a trip. Take it as a learning experience what to do next time.

@SinisterKid. Yeah I get it. I was going to go and eat a pizza or wings after work but didn't due to bad thoughts about food and now had a slice of toast and couple of cheezit and feeling bad that i ate it instead of fasting I just know ill not eat anything tomorrow.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.