Jim's Cafe - Wednesday 27th July

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

These are frustrating times. To get this studio flat the council loaned me £800 for deposit, rent in advance etc but of course could not pay it until after I had moved in so I ended up borrowing the money. Now over two weeks later they have sent the money to the landlord who has agreed to transfer it to me once received except you try getting hold of a landlord, I phoned first but got answer machine so texted my bank details and asked for it to be transferred a.s.a.p - I could use some of the money for a two-seater sofa as I have daily support visits and there is nowhere for anyone to sit, it's embarrassing.

After the scaffolding was taken down which was affecting the broadband signal, things were still terrible so I have ended up using an extension cable which is now sat on the window ledge with the mobile router nearby and it has improved things enough for me to be able to use the internet so that's one positive.

Dinner later will be honey-glazed pork loin chops and some nice blackberries and raspberries with double cream to follow. This afternoon will be spent watching highlights of a CPL t20 cricket match., St. Lucia Zouks up against the Trinbago Knight Riders. Hope everyone is well and has a peaceful day.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. Not feeling that great today but oh well.

Peer support yesterday was good. Really enjoyed talking to everyone.

iam likes this.
  3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm at the Las Vegas airport waiting to catch my flight to Pittsburgh. Everything went well with cleaning out my room and my first flight, but the cleaning part was hard. My next flight is a little bit delayed, but thankfully, there is no third flight I have to catch after this one. I'm pretty tired and hungry and bored and nervous.

iam likes this.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Today kinda sucks healthwise. Not looking foward to calling the doc think will just wait til next week.

Started laundry so that's one thing to cross off my list

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's been gray all day. Just humid and kind of blah. Cleaned the living room and that was about it. Oh doing some laundry too. Yes, very exciting stuff occurring today :p

SinisterKid and iam like this.
  6. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Another day draweth to a close and its been one of my better ones recently. Group was great, enjoyed a little sunshine, picked up meds, which were finally in their medipacs [split up into days and times] and I made us a decent meal without burning anything. Not one suicidal thought at all today, although my little voiced friend has been pretty vocal, little shit, always the party pooper.

7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm in my Pittsburgh motel. It's kind of depressing. I don't know what I expected. It's a bit far from stuff. I have to figure out what to do about dinner tonight. Gotta walk to an unfamiliar place which may or may not have a sidewalk. My travel all went well, and I'm safe, though.

Kid B and SinisterKid like this.