Jim's movie and birthday cafe - 17 August 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
Staff Alumni
Hello everyone. I know I have done a movie cafe before but lets do it again haha.
Also, it is @zanojof @Wanttobemeagain1 @Healthanxious @1234abc birthday *bday*bday*stars*stars

!.So what is your favourite movie?
2.What is the genre of this movie?
3.Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villian or hero?
4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like?
5.Which are your favourite scenes?
6. To whom would you recommend this movie?

You don't neccessarily need to answer them. Just come and have fun! :)
Have a nice day everyone. x

Blue Star

!.So what is your favourite movie? It's between It's A Wonderful Life and Scarface.
2.What is the genre of this movie? Christmas genre and Crime genre
3.Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villian or hero? George Bailey and Tony Montana. One is a hero and the other one is a villain.
4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like? I'd leave it the same.
5.Which are your favourite scenes? The endings.
6. To whom would you recommend this movie? It's A Wonderful LIfe I'd recommend it to everyone. Scarface is for adults. No kids. *nono

Happy Birthday to @zanojof @Wanttobemeagain1 @Healthanxious @1234abc :)

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Hello everyone. I know I have done a movie cafe before but lets do it again haha.
Also, it is @zanojof @Wanttobemeagain1 @Healthanxious @1234abc birthday*bday*bday*stars*stars

4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like?

Happy birthday to all the birthdays today. @zanojof @Wanttobemeagain1 @Healthanxious @1234abc

1) My favorite movie is "Gladiator"
2) Genre I don't know
3)My favorite actress is Sandra Bullock, she is not in this movie, she usually plays a hero.
4)I would not change the plot
5) My favorite scene is where the good guy kills the bad guy
6) I reccomend this movie to all adults.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
!.So what is your favourite movie? Little Miss Sunshine
2.What is the genre of this movie? Comedy/Drama
3.Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villian or hero? Frank, Olive, and Dwayne. All heroes
4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like? I like it the way it is but I also saw an alternate ending on the DVD where the family steals the pageant trophy which was pretty funny.
5.Which are your favourite scenes? Olive's performance at the pageant, Frank and Dwayne's discussion before the two go to the pageant
6. To whom would you recommend this movie? Older teenagers and adults, due to drugs, sexual content, and language, etc. Despite all that, it mostly ends up being a feel-good movie.

MichaelKay

1. Favorite movie. It's either King of Comedy or The Passion of Joan of Arc (the version with the Voices of Light soundtrack)
2. Both are dramas although King of Comedy has a fair bit of dark comedy as well ( The Passion of Joan of Arc is a silent movie from 1928)
3. Rupert Pupkin (DeNiro) - neither really a villain or a hero. More of a misunderstood mentally ill guy and Joan of Arc ofcourse.
4. I wouldn't possibly know what to change
5. I'm not sure which scenes I love the most. In King of Comedy there's a kidnapping scene that's quite funny.
6. King of Comedy is worth seeing if you are generally fond of Scorsese movies or a newer movie like Joker. The other one I'd only recommend to fans of silent movies or with a special interest in cinematic history.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opeming the cafe and inviting me. and happy birthday to our bday members...*stars*bday

1. favorite movie : star trek generations

2. favorite genre : sci-fi

3. favorit character : spoc

4. change : wouldn't want to

5. favorite scene : when they killed enterprise d ( after all they killed the original enterprise )

6. recommend movie : @JMG

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Hmm 🤔 I’m a go w/Ikiru ~(even though I’ve not properly seen it since at least 2008; kind of hard when your most prized copy & therfore possession, was taken away from you,, by some one who’s soul purpose was to hurt 😞 you! Well, done ✅ A- ;) bravo 👍 & encore_):

but now! I often cite this as my number one ☝️ or two tip film of all time when asked (or not, & offered instead... by me of course!) ;)

Ikiru - (which, it is said translates as “to live,” in Japanese). . . It is the story of an older gentleman whose spent his life working a meaningless unfulfilling job, until one day, he gets a cancer diagnosis (stomach of course from the ashes in the water from the bomb, as this was now post-war japan 🇯🇵 anyways, apparently at that time anyway, one of the more common forms of cancer). And anyway, Id my memory serves which it very often doesn’t; in their culture the “stomach,” is akin to the “heart,” over her in the states... but anyway!
Back to Kurosawa’s Masterpiece. Thus comes at an interesting time in his career. For such a great director, and anyone interested in the making of movies, it is interesting to study history and take a look at tier careers. Thus can right after Rashoman, which was famous for its multiple perspectives, and I though t when I’d seen the ending of Jacki Brown tha t that was exciting and new and the first time ever in cinema - nope 👎 wrong. . ; ) but any way I also remember Fellini saying in his documentary (im a born liar 🤥). That he was amazed at hus ability to fI’ll sunlight coming through the trees like that - that is (not only point ing the camera directly at the sun, which was once thought to be a bad idea); he had managed to capture or create a visual way of narrating or Narration, just with these movable images. . ; ) so it came right after that celebrated work (which recount s or tells the story of a rape, or attempted sexual assault; I forget which...) & just before his most well known, and remade film. Seven Samauri.
So anyway, where were we? Oh yes, with the film that the critic from the sun times of Chicago (roger every), said, something to the effect of, “if there is one ☝️ film to see that may make you Chang e your mind about how you live and make you live your life differently after seeing / viewing it.. thus is it/5$3 te film 🎞 “

so the rest of the movie is him having this discovery, or epiphany about coming to grips with the fact that he’s wasted his life, and done nothing of noteworthiness ~~*~~ until he finds a purpose! That there is still something to accomplish and live for. And thus begins that voyage. Which includes a connection with a younger female colleague / co-worker.
It really and truly is a story of powerfully dramatic work. In essence of cinema, as he used to like to say and or elude to (or is it allude!). . ; )

I find that some of these older pictures have a tendency of Doung a better job than contemporary ones of putting you into a specific time and place ?duh) , but that they then do a superior job of transporting you to that setting, and giving you a good sense of what it was like to live and breath and feel in that time and place and overall world...

I suppose it might. E too dated for a younger audience or generation. That is, if yo can’t watch it on your computer of phone while don g eight million ltners things at lmce but if I had to list one film that describe s me best in the history of then - thus wood be the fulm! ( ;
I’m sorry for the typos , I know I know ... I’ve got a lot of distractions goong on - & let’s be honest there’s really only one way to stop all that

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tags @Kitten ^._.^ & @1964dodge (lol ty for the movie recommendation, I think my friend has that & he wants me to watch all the Star Trek shows & movies w/ him so I will prob. end up seeing it at some point) ;) :)
Fun cafe ty for opening it kitten!

* HAPPY BDAY * to the 4 special bday people too, hope you guys all have a great day & that you enjoy your bdays! :) *bday*stars

And also here's my answers to the q's :)

1. What is your favourite movie?
Star Wars original trilogy (lol obvious from my avatar I know)

2. What is the genre of this movie?
Sci-fi which is hilarious cos for the most part I actually don't really like sci-fi movies very much.

3. Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villain or hero?
Luke Skywalker and I think everyone already knows which one he is but ya he's the hero :)

4. If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like?
More Luke Skywalker, less of everyone else. Lol ;) :p

5. Which are your favourite scenes?
All the parts with Luke of course! :)

Everyone! But especially @extraterrestrialone @Kiwi2016 @may71 @Sunspots @KM76710 @sinking_ship @foreverforgotten @Champagne @dtc (maybe you guys have already seen it since most people have lol, also tagged you guys cos you either weren't tagged yet or since the post you were tagged in had so many tags that you might not have gotten them so just tagging again in case) ;) :)

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening @Kitten ^._.^ and for the tag @JMG

Happiest of birthdays to one and all!-hope that for your special day you treat yourself to something just for you!

!.So what is your favourite movie? Sound of Music
2.What is the genre of this movie? Musical
3.Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villian or hero? Maria - a heroine--who through her independent spirit transforms and saves the family
4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like? Not a thing
5.Which are your favourite scenes? Song these are my favorite things and of course the lead song as reminds me of when Ihiked in Austria
6. To whom would you recommend this movie? To everyone as think we all need some simple good feeling movies once in awhile

tagging @begerac @Sunday16 @Lane @BlueGreen @mpk @pooky @Kira @Shadowlands @Innocent Forever @nobodyknows71 2NICK @Angie @Auri @Lara_C @extraterrestrialone

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Also, it is @zanojof @Wanttobemeagain1 @Healthanxious @1234abc birthday *bday*bday*stars*stars

1.) hard to pick a favorite but im going to go with Munto for now
2.) genres - fantasy, action, another world Anime, movie, classic anime stereotype type of the daydreamer goes to fantasy world
3.)Munto and yumemi two MCs of the movie. they are the "hero" well like they got powers because supernatural and mostly relatable to me
4.) add more story
5.) the one where these two kids cross into the lake to die together, welp im not a romantic but usually they don't allow those type of scenes (like direct suicidal scenes) they don't commit of course so its a good thing
6.) people who want to get into anime, or looking for old anime movies to watch its a pretty good plot

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
thank you for opeming the cafe and inviting me. and happy birthday to our bday members...*stars*bday

1. favorite movie : star trek generations

2. favorite genre : sci-fi

3. favorit character : spoc

4. change : wouldn't want to

5. favorite scene : when they killed enterprise d ( after all they killed the original enterprise )

6. recommend movie : @JMG
Brilliant. I was a massive Star Trek generations fan. I had a thing for Picard! 🤦‍♀️ The music in the film was superb!!

Happy birthday do all. Xx

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
i’ll be back a little later to do the Qs
hey @Kitten ^._.^ , here i go with the Qs.

!.So what is your favourite movie? it is/they are old. like ET for example. lets just stick with this one for now since i’m presently feeling its very favorite
2.What is the genre of this movie? science fact, no? i mean, extrateresstrials are real, you know that..... 👽🛸💫 right?
3.Who are your favourite characters? Is he/she a villian or hero? extraterrestrials are sometimes maligned. sometimes they only portray the mean ones who drool acid saliva. then there’s the stereotypical green scaly skin, stubby nosed, garbled voices, the ones with know known means of reproducing who often want to enslave people for no apparent reason. but ET was a kind hearted compassionate person from another planet. we are so often led to believe that such does not exist! this was a great movie!
4.If you were given the chance to change the plot of the storyboard, how would it be like? hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...
5.Which are your favourite scenes? where ET says ouch! where Eliot says whoa!

6. To whom would you recommend this movie? everyone from earth and anywhere else also!

so happy to have been invited here especially since i’ve been feeling kind of unable to convey myself of late.... even if it seems otherwise... but anyway, hoping everyone is feeling happy and proactive and also please remember the word “compassion”. it is something i want to spread around more than ever. i’m hoping it somehow becomes as popular as and moreso than divisiveness, hatred, and mistruth which we... i mean you earthlings... seem to be caught up in lately even though it is not apparent on this site - and also anyway it is a good word to spread around elsewhere... 👽🛸💫🌞😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00