Jim's weekend cafe Saturday 29-Sunday 30th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Happy weekend everyone.... 1598720613137.png

I'm surprised no-one opened the cafe today, let's be naughty and have some lovely cocktails..enjoy, don't get too drunk and just chill out :)

Feel free to tell us about your weekend plans too :)

1598720717717.png 1598720732443.png 1598720750327.png

Fun question time.

1. Question: What is always coming, but never arrives?
    Show answer
  2. Question: What can be broken, but is never held?
    Show answer
  3. Question: What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink?
    Show answer
  4. Question: What word would you use to describe a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand?
    Show answer
  5. Question: What can one catch that is not thrown?
    Show answer
1598721430118.png
@Walker @Auri @Aurelia @Gonz @Nick @WolfGoddess @Kiwi2016 @1964dodge @Thauoy

Last edited:

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne
Haven’t been to the Cafe in a few days. Sorry.
Today I watched Spurs win a preseason match against Birmingham City. Wouldn’t call it a decisive victory. Their defense was harder to break down than Reading or Ipswich Town and we started a weaker side than before.
Now I’ll stop boring everybody with this talk.
I’m probably gonna work on reading and homework this weekend, in between hanging out and relaxing.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for the tag. We’ve had some friends over this afternoon for a bbq although it was too wet so had to be indoors. All the kids, the very little and the very big ones all ran around playing hide and seek together. Lots of cooking for me but it’s good to hear them all playing together. Planning on taking tomorrow easy as I’ve only got 2 days left before back to work. Xx

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Happy weekend everyone.... Fun question time.

1. Question: What is always coming, but never arrives?
    Show answer
  2. Question: What can be broken, but is never held?
    Show answer
  3. Question: What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink?
    Show answer
  4. Question: What word would you use to describe a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand?
    Show answer
  5. Question: What can one catch that is not thrown?
    Show answer
1) Tomorrow
2) Trust
3) A Venus fly trap
4) Don't know
5) Fish

I went to Texas Roadhouse with my roommate and friend Cliff today and have lunch tomorrow in boxes to go. I bought another lantern today, cleaning it up tomorrow. I have to clean my room tomorrow. Right now I am mentally stable and feeling good.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
  1. Question: What is always coming, but never arrives? Tomorrow.
  2. Question: What can be broken, but is never held? Faith.
  3. Question: What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink? Fire.
  4. Question: What word would you use to describe a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand? Shorthanded.
  5. Question: What can one catch that is not thrown? A hint or a clue, those are dropped not thrown.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Thanks @Champagne for the tag. I am an early morning person. I took my roommate to work at 3:00 am, it is about 4 now. I got up at midnight. I burn down the internet in the wee hours of the morning. About 5 I will make my Ron White casserole. I am drinking Ezra Brooks bourbon. The rest of the day will be spent tinkering with my Coleman lanterns, playing with gas and matches.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for the tag. We’ve had some friends over this afternoon for a bbq although it was too wet so had to be indoors. All the kids, the very little and the very big ones all ran around playing hide and seek together. Lots of cooking for me but it’s good to hear them all playing together. Planning on taking tomorrow easy as I’ve only got 2 days left before back to work. Xx
Glad your bbq went well @Holding my breath. Lately I also like to hear the laughter of children and see them playing, so wonderful! *yes4

Sevven

We've been crossing the country in our new bus. We went from Oklahoma to Kansas because we have relatives there, then through Missouri to Iowa to see my sister I hadn't seen in 7 years. I'd never met her kids so that was pretty awesome. Then we went to Nebraska, met some train riders we took to Colorado, spent a few days in Wyoming and just made Montana this weekend. It's chilly here (as opposed to 100+ degree summer days we've been experiencing) and the air smells like pine trees. So excited to get farther west!!! Last night we saw so many bats catching bugs!

Sevven

thinking about poetry today... 😌
A favorite of mine
Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
The mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
A favorite of mine
Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
The mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.
thanks!!! now its a favorite of mine too!!!

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It’s Sunday and I’m literally just taking a break. Ordered a new curtain rod, cause some cat broke one. Other than that reading, taking a bath, making cards, checking out SF. I’ll say hi to my friend in a bit, see what he’s up to (probably working).

I’ll pick up on doing chores tomorrow. My brain and my body just need to stop once and awhile. Mostly my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00