Jims Weekend Plans Cafe September 19&20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
On Saturday I will probably work 4 hours in the morning from 5:30-9:30. After that I am working on a friends kitchen for an hour or so, installing new drawer slides in his cabinets. It is a long drive to get there, about a half hour from work to get there then an hour drive home. In the afternoon I am going to Texas Roadhouse with a friend, a habit we have started. Porterhouse steak with steak fries and green beans. The rest of the day I am watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy again. Sunday morning I do my cooking, I am making a pasta salad with albacore in it, a meal in one dish. I will work on a lantern for a while then watch movies.

What are your plans for the weekend?

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
That's nice of you to help your friend. I hope the friend would do or does do the same sort of things for you!

Meh. I have to work.
My friend has never done anything for me. He constantly asks me to do stuff for him. He asked me to put new drawer slides in his kitchen and he wants me to pay for the drawer slides. Now he wants me to furnish building supplies so he can build a shed. I am the only friend he has anymore. He views me as more of an asset,, not a friend. I have plenty of money so I continue to help him out and be a friend to him. I hope it pays off in the afterlife.

I lived with him for a while, paying $300 per month to rent a bedroom. He constantly told me that wasn't enough. He wanted $700 a month. I put a shelf in my bedroom one time and he told me I can't have the shelf. He usually stayed up till midnight, surfing the web for pictures of peoplle getting spanked, then he would take 2 sleeping pills. It was my job to get him up to go to work at 4 am. We worked at the same place. One morning I could not wake him and went to work by myself. He got to work on this Friday morning and told me I had till Monday to be out of his house. I told the foreman I had to go home and look for a place to live. I went to the homeless shelters in South Bend IN. There were no beds available. I went back home and found shared housing on Craigslist. This is where I found the place I am at now. It took me two weeks before everything was set to move. When I moved out he begged me to stay. I am very glad I moved. I am very happy here; my rent is only $415 per month and all the utilities are paid. It was the best move I ever made.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
i don’t really have plans for the weekend, but I need to reschedule lotsa things first before i look forward to the weekend, im feeling overwhelm but in a good way. other than myself, i would still probably be spending time with family.

@MosesY
sounds like this friend is a douchbag! Don't let yourself get used. But, I guess you know he is selfish and willing to take advantage of you. So only do what YOU want to do.
Mind if I ask where you live? You mentioned the center for the homeless. I live in South Bend. CFH is always full. If you find yourself homeless again, i might be able to help you find resources. There some helpful churches in the area.
i am glad you found a safe, affordable room. 😀

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
@FlamingoWrangler I live in South Bend IN. I love where I am at now. I have tons of stuff here, a large lantern collection, tools, etc. I hope I can live here until I die. If you are in South Bend IN I would love to meet for a cup of coffee at McDonalds some time, the one on McKinley ave.

@FlamingoWrangler I live in South Bend IN. I love where I am at now. I have tons of stuff here, a large lantern collection, tools, etc. I hope I can live here until I die. If you are in South Bend IN I would love to meet for a cup of coffee at McDonalds some time, the one on McKinley ave.
thanks for the offer. I have been using the pandemic as my “excuse” for not leaving the house. I have had several episodes of the this in my life. I become irrationally afraid to leave the house. Perhaps with more time I get some courage. I know where the McD on McKinley is.
I am glad you have found a city you love. I ve lived here most of my life. I think it has a lot to offer. It’s even pretty easy to get to Indy or Chicago.
have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00