Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by drummer, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drummer

drummer Member

Is there such a thing as being jinxed? I'm starting to believe that there is. I'll openly admit that I do have issues with depression and maybe my opinions on things might be clouded at times by this. Bad luck is part and parcel of life, this I also accept, but what I've had to endure over the past few months now has me genuinely believing that this is more than simply bad luck.

Let me give you one example of what I'm talking about. Earlier this year, I'm informed that I'm to be made redundant. I make the decision to use my redundancy pay off to pack up, move on and start again somewhere else following a long, drawn out break up with my girlfriend. My job finishes, I say my good byes and head for home. On the way home, my car develops an electrical fault and packs up on the motorway. Upon further inspection, it turns out that the car's engine management system has pretty much given up. The repair bill wipes out approximately 90% of my redundancy payoff. Once I had got the car back, I call the finance company to sort out the payment protection I had taken out it - only to be told that due to a problem several months ago with the bank, the policy had in fact been cancelled and I had NO payment protection. So due to not having the money to make the payments on the car due to the repairs, I ended up having to hand the car back to finance company - leaving me with no car, no money, no job, no girlfriend and my plans for starting again in tatters!! All this within the space of a week!! Can this really be dismissed as simply "bad luck"?

Some people I've confided in have dismissed this as "coincidence" - something I've never really believed in - or just "bad luck" with some even joking "f--k me, you're jinxed!"

The problem is, that this is not an isolated incident. There have been countless occasions where things have happened that are making me believe that there is a "higher force" at work trying, it seems to me anyway, to continually bring me down.

So, is there such a thing as being jinxed?

Comments welcome.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sometimes i myself wonder that too how much more can a person take feels like a black cloud lurking over ones head all time. I do hope that this streak bad luck is not over with and you start to have better things happening for you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.